Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 11:04 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

I keep asking the same question. Where are you going to find the good police when no sane person would do that job? The old saying - beyond the point of no return - applies.

The best way to defang the police is the same way you stop the cockroaches. Keep the place clean and there is nothing to feed them. Crime feeds them. A society gets the police it deserves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 11:06 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Some people think gang violence and violence in general in Chicago exists in some vacuum where the only bad guys are the gang members.

I'm in no way condoning gang violence or gang members, but what do people who bemoan all this violence expect, when the police department itself engages in violent and deadly conduct against civilians
(and I'm not saying all police are bad of course).

Police corruption and gang violence have always been and always will be a part of Chicago, has been that way even before the Al Capone days.

Feds Release Scathing Report on Chicago Police Abuse - ABC News

You're trying to make a correlation that doesn't exist. Gang violence has nothing to do with how dirty the cops are in Chicago.

I hope they go in and completely clean house, but the problem starts at the top, so unless Rahm is booted, the same coverups of police wrongdoing will exist.

On another note, Evanston finally released video of a stop they made in 2015. It seems a white woman, seeing a man at a car door, called 9-1-1 and told them a black man was breaking into a car. The way they treated him made it look like he had committed some crime and evaded them for several miles. It's just sick how these idiots are not trained to do their jobs well.

That story and video are here:

Evanston police release arrest video of man suspected of stealing car that was his own | WFLD

Old 01-13-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Ignore this report. It came from a racist who runs the DoJ. She sees racism in everything at all times.

She IS racist. And unethical. But if you live in the Chicago area, you know better than to ignore the report.
Laquan McDonald was only one example of dirty lying cops in Chicago. They lie, withhold video, and pay out big bucks to the families to silence them. It's a disgrace.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:15 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Notice what is missing from this report....
A DOJ lawsuit.
In every other case like this, the DOJ has dropped a lawsuit the same day the report is issued, often alongside a non-negotiable consent decree.
Instead we have a written "agreement to negotiate a settlement" and the DoJ "may file a federal lawsuit".

Old 01-13-2017, 11:22 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Why doenst the DOJ investgate the hurndreds of shootings and murders in Chicago instead of going after the people trying to investigate the shootings and murders?
They should investigate both as sometimes both sides are committing the shootings and murders.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
If people behaved themselves and did not commit crimes they would never even have to encounter the police. Seems pretty simple to me.
Except it isn't always true.

Man sues police, city of Bridgeport over mistaken identity arrests | abc7ny.com

Man arrested after deputies mistake kitty litter for meth | myfox8.com

Helping autistic man, black therapist shot by Florida police: media | Reuters

Old 01-13-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I keep asking the same question. Where are you going to find the good police when no sane person would do that job? The old saying - beyond the point of no return - applies.
The vast majority are sane and do the job they were hired to do.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:34 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The vast majority are sane and do the job they were hired to do.

I know someone personally who became CPD. While he was not a monster or anything of the sort he was not the cream of the crop either. He cheated on his wife and more or less told her she would be sorry after the break up if she did not speak in glowing terms about him. However in some neighborhoods , he is still more than they deserve. More importantly is that it will be the best they get.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I know someone personally who became CPD. While he was not a monster or anything of the sort he was not the cream of the crop either. He cheated on his wife and more or less told her she would be sorry after the break up if she did not speak in glowing terms about him. However in some neighborhoods , he is still more than they deserve. More importantly is that it will be the best they get.
Maybe if these neighborhoods got better........

Old 01-13-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
If people behaved themselves and did not commit crimes they would never even have to encounter the police. Seems pretty simple to me.
Wrong. And it's frustrating that folks like you ignore what's going on with some cops.

I linked to this video in a previous post:

Evanston police release arrest video of man suspected of stealing car that was his own | WFLD

I'd like you to tell me exactly what this guy had done wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies