Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 10:49 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You are wrong. This sort of thing is a embarrassment.

If your job title LITERALLY has cyber security in it, and you run a company for it....you should have something better then what my children can do.

The hackers of the world are laughing. The secretary of state had better security.
So you are saying that you should spend time, and money to provide many times more security for something that has no need to be very secure.

Like I said, you are discrediting yourself, not Giuliani.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 11:02 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So you are saying that you should spend time, and money to provide many times more security for something that has no need to be very secure.
You shouldn't flaunt your professional sloppiness and/or incompetence to the world. This isn't a matter of a barebones website implemented to save time and money - those can be extremely secure, probably the hardest to attack - this is just bad craftsmanship.

If you're advertising a sign-painting business, you hang out a reasonably nice sign. If you're advertising your expertise in IT security, you present a website that meets the most essential requirements for web security.

Consider it a demonstration of basic competence.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 01-13-2017 at 11:16 AM..

Old 01-13-2017, 11:05 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Like I said, you are discrediting yourself, not Giuliani.
The owner of my workplace also owns a consulting company. They DO NOT specialize in cyber security.

But you know what? Our website is more secure then this one was. This is basic competency. This guy has no idea what cyber security is, or how it works. He has probably learned it all from watching entertainment shows.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:08 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Good one!

You're kidding, right?

Right?

Old 01-13-2017, 11:11 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...urity-adviser/

With all the focus on network and computer security over the campaign, we should expect someone really seriously competent in that position. Someone who has proven he can put together a top-notch team, right?

Here's the problem, though: Giuliani's "security" company's website had more holes than a shotgunned Swiss cheese. Expired SSL certs, open ports, no forced https - Qualys gave it an "F".

Trump's new cyber-guru Rudy Giuliani's website lacks security and is vulnerable to hackers | Daily Mail Online

Although the response was fast and professional - removing the DNS entry. The site is still up, of course. Nothing more secure than that, amirite?

Clownshoes. If I thought Giuliani had capacity for embarrassment, I'd say embarrassing.

Giuliani will be a clown watching a crystal ball in this position!

Old 01-13-2017, 11:16 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Wow, I'm shocked the Guiliani even knows how to use a computer, let alone understand what it takes to run a cyber security operation, let alone protect the entire nation.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:08 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Wow, I'm shocked the Guiliani even knows how to use a computer, let alone understand what it takes to run a cyber security operation, let alone protect the entire nation.

I'm willing to bet that Guilliani is a few rungs higher on the intelligence ladder versus the average street liberal.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:16 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
I'm willing to bet that Guilliani is a few rungs higher on the intelligence ladder versus the average street liberal.
Based on what? His website?

LOL...the one just easily hacked by script kiddies?

Old 01-13-2017, 12:45 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
You shouldn't flaunt your professional sloppiness and/or incompetence to the world. This isn't a matter of a barebones website implemented to save time and money - those can be extremely secure, probably the hardest to attack - this is just bad craftsmanship.

If you're advertising a sign-painting business, you hang out a reasonably nice sign. If you're advertising your expertise in IT security, you present a website that meets the most essential requirements for web security.

Consider it a demonstration of basic competence.
Did you call Hillary, and her crack team at the State Department sloppy, incompetent, and reckless when they didn't secure the server of the SoS?

I guess you only worry about such "sloppiness" when it's the Republicans.

Do you hear that, it's everybody laughing at your dems, and your petty partisan politics.

Old 01-13-2017, 01:02 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...urity-adviser/

With all the focus on network and computer security over the campaign, we should expect someone really seriously competent in that position. Someone who has proven he can put together a top-notch team, right?

Here's the problem, though: Giuliani's "security" company's website had more holes than a shotgunned Swiss cheese. Expired SSL certs, open ports, no forced https - Qualys gave it an "F".

Trump's new cyber-guru Rudy Giuliani's website lacks security and is vulnerable to hackers | Daily Mail Online

Although the response was fast and professional - removing the DNS entry. The site is still up, of course. Nothing more secure than that, amirite?

Clownshoes. If I thought Giuliani had capacity for embarrassment, I'd say embarrassing.
Hey, give them enough rope for them to hang themselves. Little Hands is the smartest guy in the world

Besides, if something goes wrong, they'll deny reality and blame CNN.

It's going to be a long four years of incompetence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies