Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2017, 05:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, you've been asleep the past 8 while neocons, Tea Partybaggers, and Birthers (lead by Prez-Elect Twitler) complained about Obama?
Apparently they have. OR, it's acceptable when they do it.

Take your pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2017, 05:36 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Thanks to Alexander Hamilton and his foresight, the Electoral College kept a couple of high population states from electing a demagogue.
.....and instead elect a Russian puppet.Comrade Trump.When more than three million American voters wanted someone else.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:08 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Rosie O'Donnell calling for martial law to prevent the inauguration is a good example.
What about Pub Clint Eastwood at a campaign event a few years ago bringing an empty chair onstage and talking to it! That was truly unhinged!

Old 01-14-2017, 08:25 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, you've been asleep the past 8 while neocons, Tea Partybaggers, and Birthers (lead by Prez-Elect Twitler) complained about Obama?

Did they complain about Obama? Sure.

Did they literately cry and wail all over live TV and youtube when he won?........No.

Did they riot when Obama won?.......No.

Did they demand silly recounts? ...........No.

Did they Demand the electoral collage vote against him? .........No.

Did they send death threats to members of the electoral collage? .......... No.

Did they try to blame their loss on "election hacking" when no evidence of any hacking of the electoral process exists? ........No.

Did they boycott supporters of Obama? .......... No.

Did plan a massive hissy fit for his inauguration? ......... No.

But.....Yeah, I can see how they were just as bad

Old 01-15-2017, 12:20 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,180,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
.....When more than three million American voters wanted someone else.

Yes, the system worked exactly like it was supposed to work. The United States is one political entity, but at the same time its a union of separate States. In the Constitution, the States relinquished some rights to the centralized govmt, but wisely kept some safety measures in place.
The election confirmed my faith in the Founding Fathers. Their vision served to disarm the collective efforts of the left and their mass media/entertainment propaganda.

Old 01-15-2017, 12:24 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I'm middle class and definitely did NOT vote for Trump. Millions of LOWER CLASS people voted for Trump. That's why he won. People who were uninformed and angry came out in droves to vote for their would be "savior."
Yes, HRC already reminded us of the "basket of deplorables", or "lower class" as you call them. I too am middle class, and I personally know at least a few of my peers that voted for Trump. Not that we were really excited to do so, but because Clinton was just so bad. If the dems could have nominated just about any other reasonably viable democrat, they could have walked away with this election without any difficulty whatsoever. However, due to WikiLeaks, I guess we do know why this happened....no one else was "allowed" to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
This is awesome, all Trump has to do is not be hitler and his 2nd term is in the bag! Libs think the sky is falling comments will hurt Trump, but it really lowers the bar by which swing/undecided voters will hold him to in 4 years.
I have a few relatives like this...lol. They make bad decisions, then when these decisions result in a bad result, they double down on the original decision which typically results in an even worse result than the original. You need to learn from your mistakes. I don't know how many people I've heard from that said Clinton's "basket of deplorables" statement turned them off of her completely.....and yet those opposed to Trump keep repeating it in one form or another. Learn people! Learn!

Like it or not, many of us middle class Trump voters didn't and don't like being called "deplorables", or "lower class" people as this poster said. We may disagree with you politically, but we can tie our shoes, we don't drool, we work full time and are paying our own way in life. Most of us weren't terribly excited about Trump, but if the dems cannot admit, even privately, that nominating HRC, was the worst possible selection they could have made this election season, I'm at a loss as to how else to explain why Trump won to them.

The dems should have won this election handily, and without breaking a sweat. They had to really look hard, while being blind to the pulse of the nation, to find someone who could lose to Trump. If you can't figure this out on your own, god help you.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:32 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
I'm middle class and definitely did NOT vote for Trump. Millions of LOWER CLASS people voted for Trump. That's why he won. People who were uninformed and angry came out in droves to vote for their would be "savior."
Trump won the white college educated vote by 4%. So a lot of middle class people disagreed with you.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:40 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Apparently they have. OR, it's acceptable when they do it.

Take your pick.
What the Left has engaged in since November 8th goes waayyyyy beyond complaining.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:45 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Did they complain about Obama? Sure.

Did they literately cry and wail all over live TV and youtube when he won?........No.

Did they riot when Obama won?.......No.

Did they demand silly recounts? ...........No.

Did they Demand the electoral collage vote against him? .........No.

Did they send death threats to members of the electoral collage? .......... No.

Did they try to blame their loss on "election hacking" when no evidence of any hacking of the electoral process exists? ........No.

Did they boycott supporters of Obama? .......... No.

Did plan a massive hissy fit for his inauguration? ......... No.

But.....Yeah, I can see how they were just as bad
No comparison at all. Uh--a few little differences.

How could they demand recounts? Obama won the electoral college and the popular vote. Oh, and he received no help from a Russian dictator criminal and his posse of hackers or a fugitive criminal hiding out in a foreign embassy.

Expect Trump continue to be looked at as illegitimate.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
The most unhinged of all has been Trump and everyone knows it no matter how much they try to pretend he is normal.
OMG--did you see that press conference? The guy is totally whacked. Sane mature people in a civil society simply do not act like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies