Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:20 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Thank you for this post.

Because the livelihoods of Black people are constantly threatened by racist whites, perhaps?

...That the bigoted whites on this forum constantly make these bull threads about Black people and what we do, why we do it, etc. They are obsessed, but won't admit it.

By the way, that snarky attitude will get you in trouble in real life around not just Black people, but anybody with a shred of empathy.

I have got along just fine with that "snarky" attitude for 66 years hon. Served in the military and worked with black people most of my life. We seemed to get along just fine. Its called respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 12:25 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
All lives matter. Some lives matter more then others. That is the rub.

Too bad ".. the Liberty and Justice for All" part is still a work in progress. The reality is "..Liberty and Justice for those that can afford it."

Old 01-15-2017, 01:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
...and in the meantime, hundreds of others will be gunned down with nary a word spoken.
By criminals...not by cops (hopefully).

Old 01-15-2017, 02:10 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
By criminals...not by cops (hopefully).
Why support a group who undermined that movement???

Do you really think BLM is effective? Do you really look at them as leaders??

Old 01-15-2017, 02:11 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Honestly the Black Lives Matter supporters could never defend the org. Hurt the cause. Undermined the economic plans.

Black Lives Matter supporters are the worst.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:16 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I have got along just fine with that "snarky" attitude for 66 years hon. Served in the military and worked with black people most of my life. We seemed to get along just fine. Its called respect.
But this isn't the military, though. This is the civilian world.

Maybe in your heyday and environment it may have been acceptable, but this isn't 66 years ago. That will not fly in 2017.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:34 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
But this isn't the military, though. This is the civilian world.

Maybe in your heyday and environment it may have been acceptable, but this isn't 66 years ago. That will not fly in 2017.

"and worked with".............I got out of the military in 1972. The worked with to clarify,was my 37 years on the railroad. Besides Blacks.........I probably worked with more Mexicans then you will meet in your lifetime.......

Old 01-15-2017, 04:43 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Because Trump won, BLM will continue on because they will be funded and supported.

They were this election years "CIndy Sheehan" and had they outlived their usefullness at the ballot box they'd have had their financial plug pulled.

Instead, what will happen is that as unfair treatment continues in the same large predominantly democratic areas they'll use BLM to try to pin it on Trump where as Obama got a pass due to pigmentation and party loyalties.

I'm still astounded that Laquan McDonald could be murdered in Chicago, covered up for a year, finally the city gets caught covering it up with pay-offs and a day before the press can break the story decide to charge the cop. Police Chief? Retired, full pension. New Police Chief? Long time member of the CPD? Mayor? Untouched.

I support BLM but they're nothing more than a political puppet when their worst enemy in terms of cities with the worst minority abuses are the ones controlling them.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Because Trump won, BLM will continue on because they will be funded and supported.

They were this election years "CIndy Sheehan" and had they outlived their usefullness at the ballot box they'd have had their financial plug pulled.

Instead, what will happen is that as unfair treatment continues in the same large predominantly democratic areas they'll use BLM to try to pin it on Trump where as Obama got a pass due to pigmentation and party loyalties.
He got no pass.

Obama's non reaction is a contributing factor for Hillary losing.

Quote:
I'm still astounded that Laquan McDonald could be murdered in Chicago, covered up for a year, finally the city gets caught covering it up with pay-offs and a day before the press can break the story decide to charge the cop. Police Chief? Retired, full pension. New Police Chief? Long time member of the CPD? Mayor? Untouched.

I support BLM but they're nothing more than a political puppet when their worst enemy in terms of cities with the worst minority abuses are the ones controlling them.
They protested right in front of Rahm's house.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:28 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
But what exactly are they trying to change? I'm not being a smartass here. I honestly haven't figured out what BLM is trying to say. Maybe the message is clearly understood in the black community but it is not coming through very clearly to me at least.
I thought it was pretty clear. BLM insists black criminals never be arrested for any crime they commit. THat white people are to blame for them not being rich or successful. And they want police officers dead. Oh and they insist on the opportunity to loot businesses, burn neighborhoods and riot without consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies