Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 01:07 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So your response to the question of, "Why can't the GOP release details of their new health care plan?" is:

WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!!

Yes, everyone reading these boards is clearly able to see who is ignorant here, dear.

So, got an answer to the question?

What am I saying? Of course you don't, because the answer is, there IS no GOP health care plan.

But I fully expect you to come back with another round of:

WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!! WE WON!!

It's basically the same thing you've been posting for six weeks now, because you've got nothing else.
"Why can't the GOP release details of their new health care plan?"

Only an ignorant person would ask that question.

The GOP has NOT formulated a new final plan yet.

They have hundreds of proposed plans to go through.

When it is finalized, we ALL will see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 01:09 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,764,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
...the democrats did INDEED force Obamacare through Congress with very little thought and with no compromising. They OWN Obamacare, and Obamacare is going away.
The Dems modeled a big part of ACA on Mitt Romney's health plan which was implemented in MA when Romney was governor. Perhaps you might recall that Romney is a Republican. So it is total BS that Obamacare had very little thought into it - it is based on an existing Republican plan.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:10 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yeah, and trump did INDEED say he could put his hands in women's lady parts without their permission. Did anybody take that out of context?
Maybe Bill Clinton can loan him one of his cigars!

Bill Clinton was accused of rape and Hillary called them "bimbo's"

Who did you vote for?

Old 01-15-2017, 01:11 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
The Dems modeled a big part of ACA on Mitt Romney's health plan which was implemented in MA when Romney was governor. Perhaps you might recall that Romney is a Republican. So it is total BS that Obamacare had very little thought into it - it is based on an existing Republican plan.
It's in the process of Collapsing nationwide so it must suck as a National program.
How many Repubs voted for this tax law? Now they must fix it.

Obama's legacy being erased over the next 90 days.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:16 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
Give them time, they're working on it. This Congress has only been in session for a couple weeks. They've also stated that they won't be kicking anyone to the street with the overhaul or whatever they do with Obamacare, so I imagine there wouldn't be gaps in the coverage.

So you're saying you'd like to see a complete GOP plan before its passage means you wouldn't want to settle for not knowing what's in it before it's passed, as Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare "we have to pass it so you know what is in it"-heck, that was even true for the Congress members who were expected to vote on the thing.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:24 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,764,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Give them time, they're working on it. This Congress has only been in session for a couple weeks.
The Republicans have had six freakin' years to come up with a plan! They have been whining that whole time about repealing ACA so it is not as if this is some big surprise to them. They don't have a plan because they are better at obstructing then at actually solving problems. They say they have something "terrific" (Trump's word) so let's see what that is.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:30 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
[quote=whogo;46832728]Through an employer like tens of millions of other Americans. It is how our nation subsidizes health care for most of us.[/QUOT

At my previous job, my insurance was covered by my employer. To add my husband, his premium would have been 30% of my paycheck. We couldn't afford to do that, so he had to get a plan on his own with an outrageous deductible and care that sucked. Now we both have coverage under the ACA. The best insurance that we ever had, and extremely reasonable. Not everyone who works gets good insurance coverage. And what about those who can only find part-time work?

Old 01-15-2017, 01:38 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,706 times
There is no new healthcare plan. It is just like VW diesel cheating - if they could have done it they would of. It is the same with Obamacare, but the reps or dems will not tell you the truth.

Obamacare was never an affordable plan. It was being fazed in the first couple years to ********* slowly to get you used to being f'd.

Obamacare has and will continue to spiral out of control and you will be fined higher fines for not being able to afford an unusable, unaffordable plans with higher and higher deductibles.

The only workable, half ass solution is my solution of a 2 tier healthcare plan.

Tier 1) Keep the pay out of pocket - fee for service - current med insurance for the rich.

Tier 2) Socialized med care for everyone that is not a millionaire.

Once healthcare become big biz all was lost.

Insurance Co's wont go for this. They will lose biz. The poor can't afford the rich medical care. I don't see a solution. You have a bunch of liars that were in and are now in control. Sad, but Cuba has better universal medical care for its people than the US.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:08 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
"because you have to pass it to know what in it"

Old 01-15-2017, 02:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Oh my, I'm 56 years old, I really, really, really hope I don't lose that maternity care insurance I was forced to buy. <sarcasm>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies