Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 01:46 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,678,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" because it was cheaper that way for them -"

They made a calculated risk choice and got caught.

The rest of us should NOT have to pay for their stupidity.
Well, aren't you lucky. You didn't have to pay for their stupidity. They paid the bill. duhhhhhh... not everyone and everything in the world is trying to take your coins out of your pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 01:51 PM

51,591 posts, read 25,602,823 times
Anyway, back to the topic of the health care plan.

We should be seeing it before long as repealing ACA without replacing it would have brutal and immediate consequences, according to he Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT).

"repealing the law’s mandate penalties and subsidies would result in 18 million more uninsured people in the first new plan year following repeal. “Later, after the elimination of the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid eligibility and of subsidies for insurance purchased through the ACA marketplaces, that number would increase to 27 million,"

"Additionally, health-care premiums for all U.S. customers would increase by 20 percent to 25 percent in the first year, with the increase reaching about 50 percent after the elimination of the Medicaid expansion and the subsidies."

CBO Numbers Paint Brutal Image for Repealing Obamacare Without Replacement - The Daily Beast

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-17-2017 at 03:02 PM..

Old 01-17-2017, 03:16 PM

58,674 posts, read 26,969,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Just to address this, PE Trump was not engaging in Locker Room talk. I think we heard from several people who spend a lot of time in locker rooms that they don't really say those things to that degree of craziness. Oh, we've all heard the "Man, she's got a nice <insert your favorite body part here>" or "I'd love to blankety-blank with that guy.>

Boasting to an entertainment reporter that you can pretty much grope a woman's private parts (and they like it) because you are rich, a TV reality star, or heck even an athlete, goes beyond normal locker room talk. Sure the "trash talk" is what people seem to do with those closest to them; however, I am more surprised at the level of misogyny in that boast versus the fact that he discussed it. You don't see the difference?

Also, have you ever been sexually harrassed/assaulted by someone more powerful than you? Someone who if you tried to fight them, you knew you'd surely lose against or be more humiliated that you already are? Probably not. These woman may put on an air of liking it, but most of them smile just so they don't cause trouble. Then they go home and take a long shower and try to move past it.

I will say about the younger millenial generational women of today in the workplace: they are MUCH less likely to tolerate this BS than women of my age had to do. Now if that's improving in the entertainment world, I have no idea.
"we heard from several people who spend a lot of time in locker rooms that they don't really say those things to that degree of craziness."

Give me a break '"we have heard for several people who haven't heard.., balh ,blah , blah."

I told you I HAVE PERSONALLY, NOT "some un-named people" much worse from women.

You are stretching MORE then most liberal posters.

bill clinton sticking, NOT TALKING ABOUT BUT ACTUALLY DOING IT, a cigar up a woman's vagina is MUCH woser then talking about it.

You people are amazing!

Old 01-17-2017, 09:17 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,824,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amspeed17 View Post
What is your point?

Donald Trump grabbed women who happened to be in the vicinity (some complete strangers in clubs).

They weren't 'making out.'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.b9c6f34c210d
Did any of them file charges? I know my wife would if someone grabbed her like that.

They were probably slutty golddiggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies