Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2017, 08:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Not all of us are enjoying watching Republicans drive our nation into the ditch yet again.

The FIB put their thumb on the scale for Trump, and is losing credibility by the minute.

Republicans have undermined our democratic elections with their gerrymandering, constant attempts at voter suppression, purging voter roles right before elections...

Thanks to Republicans, we will soon have a president who openly talks about being a Russian asset.

There may be no pulling us out of this ditch.
Oh, come on.

America is much bigger and stronger than one election cycle. Even Dubya and his sidekick Chicken Dick didn't cause a total meltdown, despite their most incompetent, greedy efforts. And they had two full terms. Of course, they left one helluva mess in their wake. But Obama got busy and fixed most of it.

Trump & his tea party bagger supporters will doubtless cause damage again, but it won't be irreparable. Matter of fact, by dismantling the ACA they may very well pave the way for the single payer health system that's inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 08:54 AM

4,253 posts, read 3,173,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Unlike Obamacare, the GOP plan will be one simple sentence: ''If you can't afford it, you can't have it''.
And you are basing this on what???? The promises of Obamacare were nothing more than empty rhetoric. Keep your doctor? Not necessarily! Save a family $2500/yr? How did that work out? While some of the population does indeed benefit, there are a lot of "losers" and they are the middle class....not the rich!

Just about anything the Republicans come up with will be superior to Obamacare!

Old 01-15-2017, 08:56 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
And you are basing this on what???? The promises of Obamacare were nothing more than empty rhetoric. Keep your doctor? Not necessarily! Save a family $2500/yr? How did that work out? While some of the population does indeed benefit, there are a lot of "losers" and they are the middle class....not the rich!

Just about anything the Republicans come up with will be superior to Obamacare!
We have yet to see. My prediction stands.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:03 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh, come on.

America is much bigger and stronger than one election cycle. Even Dubya and his sidekick Chicken Dick didn't cause a total meltdown, despite their most incompetent, greedy efforts. And they had two full terms. Of course, they left one helluva mess in their wake. But Obama got busy and fixed most of it.

Trump & his tea party bagger supporters will doubtless cause damage again, but it won't be irreparable. Matter of fact, by dismantling the ACA they may very well pave the way for the single payer health system that's inevitable.
Single payer health system would be great. Let's hope enough Americans insist on it because it certainly isn't a Republican priority by any means. Republicans have been clear they want to turn Medicare into a voucher system, not make it available to everyone.

This isn't one election cycle, this is the culmination of a number elections cycles and pressures on our democracy.

The Russian interference in our national affairs is nothing to sneeze at and it isn't going away.

Nor is this constant distribution of "disinformation" going away. Lies that can easily be checked out with a simple Google search are repeated over and over. We've seen it on this thread, this forum.

The economic downturn that inevitably follows the Republican tax breaks to the wealthy will mean more people struggling to keep their heads above water and less ability to pay attention to what's going on Washington.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:19 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,755,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
The thing is, I have mine. Who cares about anybody else.
Better yet, I don't have mine, let's make sure the rest don't.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I do what I can.

When you read Pelosi's full statement and recognize when she said it, it's obvious to anyone with two wits to rub together that she was responding to all the scare tactics being thrown out ("death panels," etc.), and clear that she was saying we won't know what is in the Senate's bill until they actually decide on what will be in the bill and vote on it.

The final bill to be voted was waiting on what was in the Senate's initial version.

I try to clear up this "misunderstanding" every time I run across it.

I hope others will as well.
And you say this thread is not a scare tactics. Hmm!

Old 01-15-2017, 09:24 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
If it is as great as they claim it is what is stopping them from telling us, in detail, what we can expect?

I'd like to see the complete plan before they repeal the current Affordable Care Act, wouldn't you?
Why didn't the dems release details of new health care plan? BEFORE they voted on it.

Hell, THEY didn't even read it. "We have to pass it to find out what is in it"

Amendments were voted on before the ink was dry on them.

Didn't Obama say ALL is bills would on CSPAN for 5 (I think) days BEFORE any bill was voted on so people could see it.

So, save us you indignation!

Old 01-15-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. Trump stated he wanted a vote within 7 days of office. multiple people have stated they have a plan, and Trump has stated HE has a plan.

They don't have a real plan. they have these fantasy ideas where they took a wish list from the healthcare industry, and had them write it for them with just enough cover to look Conservative. And a bunch of them have had these written up. Tom prices is Trumps guy, who he said was needed to be seated to show his plan. Its on the guys website. I doubt it has changed much from that. and its hilariously bad.

And they are universally laughable. And people will die.

I know where the quote is from, I am not dumb. I even know the context. Something that you and the other poster do not at a guess. Which is why its annoying-because its nonsense that the people saying havent even taken the time to understand. I usually ignore a few times, but when its your sole argument, and its nonsense....welll

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/pelosi-defends-her-infamous-health-care-remark/2012/06/20/gJQAqch6qV_blog.html

It was a out of context hit job. We see them all over the place, and its old and boring to see people yammer about it without any comprehension. And yes, from both sides sadly.

And whogo has said this as a single line comment a few times. I think he hopes of he just chants this it will all go away.
" I am not dumb"

Being so many on the left put so much faith in polls, if we have one on this question will you ACCEPT the findings?

Old 01-15-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh, come on.

I don't recall any terrorist attacks after 9/11. You can't say the same thing for the last 8 years. The world is even more chaos. Inconvenient truth.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
There is no replacement healthcare plan, for Republicans the repeal of Obamacare is all about delegitimizing any and all accomplishments by Obama during his tenure as President,you want healthcare? you are on your own with Republicans in charge.
"is all about delegitimizing any and all accomplishments by Obama during his tenure as President"

He did NOT have any!

Remember he campaigned for hillary and said this election is ABOUT his tenure as president.

Looks like his accomplishments weren't enough to get liberals out to vote where they needed to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies