Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:59 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,726,313 times

Advertisements

He said he doesn't like it, but is fine with it since it is the decision of the federal supreme court. He expressed his personal opinion, which is his right, and also indicated the separation of executive and judiciary powers, which is professional.

So what part of that shows he is homophobic? And why the LGBT community hates him? I just don't see the rationale.

More important, do people still care about logic and reason nowadays before throwing whatever labels they want? Calling him a racist (because he proposed a wall and said Mexico didn't send their best people but rapists and gangs?) or misogynist (for calling Rosie O'Donelle a fat pig, or saying some women allow him to touch them?) is already quite a leap in terms of logic.

And once the labels are there, they stick. Many people just take their face value without checking whether they are true or appropriate. Or they don't care, because if you don't like someone, any smearing is good. Is that how it works in many people's minds?

I just don't understand how journalists come to conclusions in the US any more.

Last edited by botticelli; 01-15-2017 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 01:07 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,019 times
I don't think he is homophobic. I also don't believe him when he says he doesn't support gay marriage. He lied to the evangelicals to get their votes.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
I can only guess that he's being called homophobic because some illegal aliens are most likely gay; therefore, enforcing our immigration laws must be anti-LGBT.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:09 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I can only guess that he's being called homophobic because some illegal aliens are most likely gay; therefore, enforcing our immigration laws must be anti-LGBT.

WHAT????????

Old 01-15-2017, 01:11 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Not a Trump supporter here, but never thought he was homophobic. I don't think he is anti-LGBT either, but his pick of a VP probably is due to his evangelical beliefs.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I don't think he is homophobic. I also don't believe him when he says he doesn't support gay marriage. He lied to the evangelicals to get their votes.
I believe he "evolved" on a whole bunch of issues after deciding he could most likely win the GOP primary.

I think had he been more optimistic about winning with the DNC, we'd be hearing how our immigration laws are primitive and lack compassion, among many other things.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
WHAT????????
Well, he is being called a racist for saying he will enforce our immigration laws, so the leap isn't that great.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:16 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
He said he doesn't like it, but is fine with it since it is the decision of the federal supreme court. He expressed his personal opinion, which is his right, and also indicated the separation of executive and judiciary powers, which is professional.

So what part of that shows he is homophobic? And why the LGBT community hates him? I just don't see the rationale.

More important, do people still care about logic and reason nowadays before throwing whatever labels they want? Calling him a racist (because he proposed a wall and said Mexico didn't send their best people but rapists and gangs?) or misogynist (for calling Rosie O'Donelle a fat big, or saying some women allow him to touch them?) is already quite a leap in terms of logic.

And once the labels are there, they stick. Many people just take their face value without checking whether they are true or appropriate. Or they don't care, because if you don't like someone, any smearing is good. Is that how it works in many people's minds?

I just don't understand how journalists come to conclusions in the US any more.
That's his story today. He could flip on that tomorrow, then back again. Depending on who he is talking to.
Always a great quality huh!?

Oh, and he's not a misogynist. Nooo. He's a sexist, and a dirty old man. He doesn't hate women. He just likes to objectify and assault them. There's a distinct difference

Old 01-15-2017, 01:19 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
First of all, Trump is Great. He alone can fix all our problems.

I have never thought Trump as a homophobe. But his VP pick is, not to mention the members of his cabinet. And let's admit it. Chances are, he will be impeached. Then we'd have a homophobic christian in the white house.

Remember. Trump is Great. He alone, and I mean HE alone, can fix everything and make America Great again.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:22 PM

78,412 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
That's his story today. He could flip on that tomorrow, then back again. Depending on who he is talking to.
Always a great quality huh!?

Oh, and he's not a misogynist. Nooo. He's a sexist, and a dirty old man. He doesn't hate women. He just likes to objectify and assault them. There's a distinct difference
I always feel the need to provide some historical context for the 20 year olds that post here.

Obama has already flipped the friggin flop out of gay rights....as well as the Clintons.

Did you know Bill Clinton signed DOMA?

Secondly, anyone of adult age in the 90's remembers that Bill Clinton's female relations where at least as bad as Trumps and we were constantly reminded that it didn't keep him from being an effective president.

I hope this helps you understand the topic.

I didn't vote for Trump but I'm appalled how many people have no idea how little difference there is between even him and guys like Obama and Clinton, he's just not as smooth in his oratory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies