Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 11:16 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times

Advertisements

He's evolving into a would be dictator:

A sampling:

“We don't have a lot of closers in politics, and I understand why: It's a very rough system. It's an archaic system.” (archaic - a new word he learned and used many times last week)

“You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House — but the rules of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through — it's really a bad thing for the country, in my opinion. They're archaic rules. And maybe at some point we're going to have to take those rules on, because, for the good of the nation, things are going to have to be different.”

“You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair. It forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, you're really forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules.”

And then Trump came out and just said it: He doesn't like the filibuster.
“I think, you know, the filibuster concept is not a good concept to start off with,” he said.

So there you go. Trump is frustrated with the pace of legislation after 100 days, and his answer is that he wants to change the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 11:17 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
I just read a column that said Trump's biggest accomplishment in his first 100 days was coming to the realization that he was in over his head. It only took him 100 days to realize what many of us knew on November 8th.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:19 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
President Flim-Flam man.

BTW, watch the movie, it was good. George C Scott plays the presi ... er ... the Flim-Flam man.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:20 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
The Trumps are also evolving into a Royal family.

Trumps behaving 'like a royal family', says German foreign minister*

Germany’sforeign minister has accused Donald Trump and his relatives of behaving like members of a “royal family”.... “There are things that are strange to me, for example the visit of his daughter to Germany which was treated almost like a world event,” Mr Gabriel said on Saturday.

“This mix of politics with family and business smacks of nepotism and would be unimaginable here.”

“It always bothers me when members of a family, who have never been elected, show up suddenly as official state representatives and are treated almost as if they were members of a royal family,” he said.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:31 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He's evolving into a would be dictator:

A sampling:

“We don't have a lot of closers in politics, and I understand why: It's a very rough system. It's an archaic system.” (archaic - a new word he learned and used many times last week)

“You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House — but the rules of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through — it's really a bad thing for the country, in my opinion. They're archaic rules. And maybe at some point we're going to have to take those rules on, because, for the good of the nation, things are going to have to be different.”

“You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair. It forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, you're really forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules.”

And then Trump came out and just said it: He doesn't like the filibuster.
“I think, you know, the filibuster concept is not a good concept to start off with,” he said.

So there you go. Trump is frustrated with the pace of legislation after 100 days, and his answer is that he wants to change the rules.
This is exactly the direction Trump "evolving."

Old 04-30-2017, 11:32 AM

17,784 posts, read 13,677,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBentley View Post
And yet they still have the nerve to call us deplorables uneducated!
The fact that you can't tell the difference between "evolving" and "flip flopping" is pretty deplorable.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:33 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,697,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump even evolves back and forth, sometimes within the same interview, and often within a few hours or days.

Let's see if he can evolve into an effective leader.

Fingers crossed.

Sometimes he evolves even in the same sentence ! We call it lying, he calls it evolving.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Trumps are also evolving into a Royal family.

Trumps behaving 'like a royal family', says German foreign minister*

Germany’sforeign minister has accused Donald Trump and his relatives of behaving like members of a “royal family”.... “There are things that are strange to me, for example the visit of his daughter to Germany which was treated almost like a world event,” Mr Gabriel said on Saturday.

“This mix of politics with family and business smacks of nepotism and would be unimaginable here.”

“It always bothers me when members of a family, who have never been elected, show up suddenly as official state representatives and are treated almost as if they were members of a royal family,” he said.
It is damn weird the way he put his son-in-law in charge of everything and Ivanka is out doing her breathy best to put a non-crazy cover on all this.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:36 AM

Likely be seeing a lot of "evolving" once the indictments start coming down from the grand juries.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:19 PM

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/st...31307865714688

Seems not everyone is seeing evolving happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies