Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 05:47 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times

Advertisements

I think people have given up on nice guy presidents and want one who can actually get things done in a brutally efficient way. The good role model presidents have been kicking the immigration can down the road for decades and had given up on preventing offshoring. Time will tell if this works, but Trump's lack of fear of ticking people off has its advantages.

Trump did in fact win by a landslide.
Winning the popular vote is the equivalent of claiming you lost at poker but should have won because you had more red cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 05:49 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,296 times
He is a pure opportunist. He has no morals. He is a sociopath.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:55 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
OH? Just WHO is it taught conservatives about morality?

Serial adulterer and reneger on contracts Trump?
Rudy Giuliani?
Mark Sanford?
New Gingrich?
Larry Craig?
Ted Haggard?
Dennis Hastert?
Bob Packwood?
Etc., etc., etc., etc. ...........................................?

Conservatives claiming some innate moral superiority is laughable in the extreme.
I never claimed conservatives are morally superior. But at least they know what morality is. Liberals, on one hand, claim there is no morality, then in the same breath, declare themselves to be morally superior.

It is cognitive-dissonance.

I don't expect people to be perfect. No one is perfect. I respect those who deserve respect.

I am not a Republican, and I despise the Republican Party. But I will say this, there are more Republicans that I admire than Democrats.

I actually think Obama is a good man, with good intentions(even when I disagree with him). Though I've been disappointed with him lately with this Russia business, and his obsession with his legacy. I also like Joe Biden, though I'm annoyed by his extremism when it comes to immigration, and his lack-of-a-backbone when it comes to his faith, and his strong impulse to play politics.

Most of the rest of the Democratic Party, including their media stooges, are literal garbage.

I also like Mitt Romney, and I love Ron Paul(though not his son). But my favorite American, is Pat Buchanan.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Never. Except when you lose and you want to whine about it.

You guys really don't get it, do you ? We are not whining because we lost (Hell, people lose every 4 years, on one side or the other) we are whining because of WHO WON ! Never before has there been this level of discontent with the winner, NEVER. It is simply because so many of us view him as so very unqualified to run this country for the next 4 years.

Donald Trump is the very worst person in our history to hold this position, on so many levels. It is a new low for America and so very dangerous. THAT is why we are whining. It also has nothing to do with Conservatives winning......we would have accepted someone more suited and reasonable from the GOP, but not this buffoon of a man.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:57 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post

Winning the popular vote is the equivalent of claiming you lost at poker but should have won because you had more red cards.
And winning the EC without winning the popular vote is like winning at poker because some of the other players' cards were negated by some antiquated rule.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:01 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I never claimed conservatives are morally superior. But at least they know what morality is. Liberals, on one hand, claim there is no morality, then in the same breath, declare themselves to be morally superior.
Well then please supply some examples of liberals claiming there is no morality while professing moral superiority in the same breath.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:03 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No he didn't .Yes he won ...NOT A LANDSLIDE and LOST THE POPULAR VOTE by more than 3 MILLION VOTES.
This. But never mind that. OP's question is "Is Donald Trump a bad person?" First of all, what exactly do you define as a "bad person?" That's extremely broad and vague. OP, being a Trump voter, automatically assumes that everyone who didn't vote for Trump thinks he's a bad person and that liberals are bad people. I didn't vote for Trump. I don't know if he's a bad person, but I don't care for his attitude toward people different than him: woman, ethnic and racial minorities, people of other religious backgrounds, etc. . . I don't really care about his tax disclosure either. I care about how he treats other people. So far I'm not impressed. Is he a bad person? That depends on the definition, and as someone else said, we will see.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You guys really don't get it, do you ? We are not whining because we lost (Hell, people lose every 4 years, on one side or the other) we are whining because of WHO WON ! Never before has there been this level of discontent with the winner, NEVER. It is simply because so many of us view him as so very unqualified to run this country for the next 4 years.
I hate to break it to you, but you would be whining regardless. And honestly, had Hillary won, all the Republicans would be whining right now as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Donald Trump is the very worst person in our history to hold this position, on so many levels. It is a new low for America and so very dangerous. THAT is why we are whining.
Well, you've made a statement, but is it a true statement? What exactly is the president's job? To be a nice person? No.

The president's job is to get things done.

Trump could easily the best president in our history, regardless of if he is the worst person in our history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOXl0Ll_t9s&t=1s

Keep in mind, we have had plenty of bad people as president. I mean, they recently kicked Andrew Jackson off the $20 bill.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well then please supply some examples of liberals claiming there is no morality while professing moral superiority in the same breath.
It was metaphorical, not literal. Everyone knows that liberals have been fighting a war against "traditional morality", to replace it either with some arbitrary morality, or no morality at all.

To say something is moral, is to be judgemental. Liberals hate you judging them. But they love to judge you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgcd6jvsCFs

Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I think people have given up on nice guy presidents and want one who can actually get things done in a brutally efficient way. The good role model presidents have been kicking the immigration can down the road for decades and had given up on preventing offshoring. Time will tell if this works, but Trump's lack of fear of ticking people off has its advantages.

When some people pull out the "popular vote" meme on these discussions, I don't think the rational ones are trying to say he didn't win. Basic civics class will tell you how presidential elects are won.

I think the point of saying that is that, while he won the election, the majority of the people who got out and voted did not vote for him. Some highly dense population areas votes do not carry the same weight as in other areas. This is how he won the election and that's how it is done. What it doesn't give him is popularity with the voters in the true sense of a landslide. He's not the first president who lost the popular vote but won the electoral college and, with that type of win, there is usually an indication amongst the citizens that things are not swell. That's all. People just want to point out that with the populace, he is not a popular guy. It's important to try to have the citizens backing you because, they in turn, drive Congress to get or not get things done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies