Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 03:10 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,503,825 times

Advertisements

The moral accusations from the left against Trump really crack me up. It's not so much the whining and crying (though it's entertaining) as it is the hypocrisy.

Try arguing with a leftist on moral grounds, and you'll soon discover they believe in subjective morality, meaning, nothing is truly "bad" or "good," but rather it's up to an individual's opinion, or perhaps the laws of a country at a given time. Yet they are very quick to judge and label Trump as if their opinions hold some kind of universal consensus. But by their own admission, their character judgments are trivial at best, and what they're really saying is "Donald Trump is bad, however, it's just my personal definition of 'bad' and yours may differ, in which case we are equally correct."

See how frivolous it is? That's why I can't possibly take what they say seriously.

Last edited by DonJuanQuixote; 01-16-2017 at 04:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 03:18 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,356,421 times
He doesnt pay his bills. He uses the hassle of court to avoid doing so.

So...yeah pretty much based upon his past actions. Reading his Twitter account answers that for most people I would think.

But I suppose some would think this was a great guy. I disagree.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:24 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
He promised to show his taxes. He hasn't. How many promises is he going to break? We will have to see. The next 4 years could be a real SHOW. I hope he starts acting more presidential and less like a spoiled child. He obviously had little discipline as a child.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:28 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,114,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

So...yeah pretty much based upon his past actions. Reading his Twitter account answers that for most people I would think.

Be honest for once. You don't like anyone that's not a liberal. You dont have to add other reasons.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:31 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,114,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
He promised to show his taxes. He hasn't. How many promises is he going to break? We will have to see. The next 4 years could be a real SHOW. I hope he starts acting more presidential and less like a spoiled child. He obviously had little discipline as a child.
He won in a landslide without showing his taxes. Are you asking how much bigger would his win be had he done so?

Old 01-16-2017, 03:32 AM

8,375 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Every time someone says something bad about Trump all the conservatives get their bowels in an uproar and start spouting how bad liberals are.

It don't frickin matter.

Trump won, he has to stand on his own two feet and be responsible for his actions and the actions of others do not matter.

The problem is, so far, Trump has only acted like a spoiled brat adolescent even though he is a grown man of 70. He whines, he complains, he insults,he threatens and problems are always someone else' fault without ever actually addressing the problem. In fact, that seems to sum up conservatives in general.

Last edited by ditchoc; 01-16-2017 at 04:22 AM..

Old 01-16-2017, 03:50 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,201,702 times
I agree that liberals complaining about people being immoral is pretty obnoxious. They wouldn't know morality if it slapped them in the face.

Donald Trump is not a Christian, and he certainly doesn't exhibit many Christian values. I definitely wouldn't consider him a good role-model.

But it isn't as if politics is full of good role-models anyway. Good people tend to stay as far away from politics as possible.

Its like you guys have never read Mikhail Bakunin...

Quote:
"Let us assume that, in an ideal society, in each period, there were a sufficient number of men both intelligent and virtuous to discharge the principal functions of the State worthily. Who would seek them out, select them, and place the reins of power in their hands? Would they themselves, aware of their intelligence and their virtue, take possession of the power?

If they used persuasion, we might remark that he can best persuade who is himself persuaded, and the best men are precisely those who are least persuaded of their own worth. Even when they are aware of it, they usually find it repugnant to press their claim upon others, while wicked and mediocre men, always satisfied with themselves, feel no repugnance in glorifying themselves.

But let us even suppose that the desire to serve their country had overcome the natural modesty of truly worthy men and induced them to offer themselves as candidates for the suffrage of their fellow citizens. Would the people necessarily accept these in preference to ambitious, smooth-tongued, clever schemers?" - Mikhail Bakunin
Rousseau's Theory of the State

Where are these angels who are going to organize society for us?

Old 01-16-2017, 04:24 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

.I agree with this ,plus add he wants to grab women by their p####'s I would say yes.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:45 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,648,952 times
At his core, I don't know whether he is "good" or "bad." Don't know enough about the man to make such sweeping generalizations. The people who put on the nicest "face" aren't necessarily good people--we've all met those.

What I do feel is that he has a lot of qualities in his personality that I find unappealing and objectionable. Most of these qualities come from him being born with a silver spoon in his mouth and never having to be beholden to anyone when it comes to making a living. I think that has totally colored his behavior and worldview. It's not just that he's rich, because lots of rich people know how to work with people, because they worked their way up. A lot of business owners were "worker bees" before they started their own business. They are aware of the skills it requires to get even your adversaries over to your side. Because he was what he was from the start, coupled with that stereotyped rich-boy, frat-boy attitude, he got to be in charge very early with no real repercussions for bad behavior. And he has been able to successfully do that for all of his life. Had he stayed in his arena, no problem.

Well, now he's "in charge" of millions of people that, constitutionally, he does have to answer to. He has a Congress and an Executive Branch that is supposed to apply checks and balances to him. As President, it is his duty, no matter what, to try to represent and show compassion to people, even if they are against him. He should be trying to finesse and comfort all Americans. I clearly remember Reagan being able to do that. What I am witnessing right now is a man who is having great difficulty making that transition. What I also see is some Americans who insist on making this an election a game such as football and continuing to trash talk their win. See it at work all the time with the Cowboys and the Redskins. Goes on for months. This is very similar! It's almost like *some* of the people who voted for Trump (not all), aren't even thinking about the country but are just so invested in winning and watching things blow up. They love put downs, smack downs, and you just know that all their lives they wanted to be someone like Donald Trump just so they could go badass on someone with no one stopping them. It's weird.

Anyway, I'm neutral on "good" or "bad". Only time will tell.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:48 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
He won in a landslide without showing his taxes. Are you asking how much bigger would his win be had he done so?

No he didn't .Yes he won ...NOT A LANDSLIDE and LOST THE POPULAR VOTE by more than 3 MILLION VOTES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies