Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 09:48 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are missing the point. Among gun nuts this is religious dogma. It is not up for discussion. If you do not believe you simply are not acceptable.

And some at the NRA cross the line and get cast out. You found one.

So welcome to the outer darkness.

Rational people have to live out here...there is no place for them in gunnutdom

Apparently. 90% missed their true chance at glory.........the military........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 09:49 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
No, it doesn't.
It doesn't end does it?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by username2017 View Post
i go to the shooting range and tactical course once a week to sharpen up, other than that i never pick up a firearm other than to hide it in my pants or put under my pillow or bed. I will only ever live in states with lac gun laws for this reason. If i'm sleeping in my home at night and you break into my house you are threatening my wife and children. This 12 gauge is going to paint your brains on the wall loser. Than i will call the police to take your body away and invest in some mental health treatment for my wife and children instead of losing them to a violent crime. If i'm in public and mr dumba** decides to get his mass shooter on, i'm putting this laser beam from my glock 19 on your head punk. You threaten people i love at that level, you are dead punk.

lol.......

Old 01-17-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Apparently. 90% missed their true chance at glory.........the military........
Most that served don't go around making sure everyone knows about it. There are those that use it to get free stuff like drinks at the bar, kinda lame but whatever. Hats off to all that served. I'd buy you a round just to shut you up.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Clip on an M1 Garand feeds the firing chamber. No way around it.

You guys really have not been paying attention. This has all been explained.

And you have no point.

You two both had the same point......... yet you attack each other.........This thread has turned into comedy classics......

Old 01-17-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
You two both had the same point......... yet you attack each other.........This thread has turned into comedy classics......
Agreed. I'm cashin out. See ya'all tomorrow. Keep your powder dry.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most that served don't go around making sure everyone knows about it. There are those that use it to get free stuff like drinks at the bar, kinda lame but whatever. Hats off to all that served. I'd buy you a round just to shut you up.

lets just say my screen name was an occupation...........not a fantasy.........I'll buy my own drinks.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Incorrect. The M1 Garand has an internal magazine fed by an "en bloc" clip.

A cartridge “clip” has no spring and does not feed shells directly into the chamber. Rather, clips hold cartridges in the correct sequence for “charging” a specific firearm’s magazine. Stripper clips allow rounds to be “stripped” into the magazine. Other types are fed along with the shells into the magazine — the M1 Garand famously operates in this fashion. Once all rounds have been fired, the clip is ejected or otherwise released from the firearm.

In essence, clips feed magazines. Magazines feed firearms.

9 Most Misused Gun Terms - Guns & Ammo

7) Does the Garand have a detachable magazine?
A: No. The Garand has an internal magazine which is loaded from the top with 8 round “en bloc” clips. Loading the Garand can be tricky at first and many users find themselves getting “M1 thumb” by accidentally closing the action on the thumb of their loading hand.

M1 Garand FAQ | The Shooter's Log
Damn you guys are into utter nonsense. Of course the M1 has a magazine. In the sense that a magazine in the classical sense is a place to store ammunition.

But operationally the bolt action strips the top cartridge from the "clip" and pushes it into the chamber.

Thus your theory is that the bolt is part of the magazine. So that says all rifles have magaznines if the bolt is a part of the magazine and your point becomes minimal. The magazine then is simple the part of the rifle that supports the bolt.

So the point is that all rifles feed the bolt. And your magazine becomes inherent and of little interest.

The clip however is the mechanism to provide the bolt with cartridges.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:39 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Damn you guys are into utter nonsense. Of course the M1 has a magazine. In the sense that a magazine in the classical sense is a place to store ammunition.

But operationally the bolt action strips the top cartridge from the "clip" and pushes it into the chamber.

Thus your theory is that the bolt is part of the magazine. So that says all rifles have magaznines if the bolt is a part of the magazine and your point becomes minimal. The magazine then is simple the part of the rifle that supports the bolt.

So the point is that all rifles feed the bolt. And your magazine becomes inherent and of little interest.

The clip however is the mechanism to provide the bolt with cartridges.
No, it isn't.

You don't seem understand the definitions or the mechanics of what you are discussing.

Out of curiosity, why is it so important to you?

Old 01-17-2017, 10:56 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
No, it isn't.

You don't seem understand the definitions or the mechanics of what you are discussing.

Out of curiosity, why is it so important to you?
Actually I am a well seasoned engineer and very well understand how things work.

Obviously a missing skill here.

And I suspect I can still strip an M1 in the dark...even after 50 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies