Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2017, 08:06 AM

590 posts, read 554,757 times

Advertisements

Sure the democrats can hold anyone accountable, if they're from an opposing political party. When it comes to holding their own accountable? Forget it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 08:09 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
Sure the democrats can hold anyone accountable, if they're from an opposing political party. When it comes to holding their own accountable? Forget it.
Exactly.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:14 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
As if I didn't know that already.
You speak as if you didn't. I had to explain it to you.

Quote:
Well, they haven't turned against Trump.
He hasn't taken office yet, and his approval rating is already plummeting. The euphoria is evaporating.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:19 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If Trump screws up, he WILL be held accountable.

He's put himself in a very vulnerable position, with powerful enemies within his own party and no friends whatsoever on the other side of the aisle. Add to that his determination to make the media a hated enemy, and his base of support in DC is pretty weak.

Any missteps and his majority in congress will quickly turn into a lynch mob eager for his scalp. Those senators and congressmen have to be very attuned to the opinions of their constituents. Trump can bluster and blather all he wants to about rigged polls. His reluctant allies in the house and senate interested in re-election follow them closely. And they realize that Trump's "big win" is a fluke. None of them is ready to sacrifice his seat to go down with Trump. Especially when the public isn't behind him.
IF he screws up?

He's already blown his 100-day honeymoon and he hasn't even put his hand on the Bible yet.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

He hasn't taken office yet, and his approval rating is already plummeting. The euphoria is evaporating.
Not plummeting as rapidly as it will when folks realize their coal mining jobs aren't coming back and their insurance is gone as well.

That's where the accountability will come in.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you didn't.

Your straw man argument was fallacious and therefore failed.

Quote:
No, it isn't.

His approval ratings have been going up.

So has the stock market.

And so has the number of jobs being brought back to the United States.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:23 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
The latest brave words from the Democrats is that they are going to "hold Trump accountable."

Really?

I wonder how.

The Democrats don't have the House or the Senate.

In 2018, they'll lose even more seats in the Senate from states that voted for Trump.

They had 18 months to hold him accountable when he was running for office -- didn't happen.

And I'm not even asking "accountable for what?" -- but we can explore that, too.

They have no idea how to do anything that is why they are not in office now. They are nothing but talk.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:04 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
A rag tag bunch of protesters doesn't mean anything.
Our Country began with underestimating a 'rag tag bunch of protesters'. Famous last words.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Our Country began with underestimating a 'rag tag bunch of protesters'. Famous last words.
Good point.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:06 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obviously, you don't know how American politics work.

A minority that holds together can make s president's life hell. You're assuming that Republicans will hold together in the majority. They didn't do it the last few times they had a majority, and they won't do it now. Moreover, Dems don't really need a fractured Republican Party to to wreak havoc. But there will be a fractured Republican Party regardless so that makes it far easier.

Remember Repubs...Trump won. Republicans won nothing. I don't know anything about Donald Trump, and you guys know even less than I do. You voted for him on a lark...not because you know his political philosophy or whether or not he's competent. You DON'T know either. All you know is that he's not Hillary. That's it.

You'd better hope you made the right bet. I know for a fact that you're all terrified that you didn't...but you'll never admit it here. You don't have to though. The more cocky and garrulous you are about this whole thing, the more scared I know you are.

I'm just gonna sit back and watch the show. I've got a big enough bag of popcorn to last four years! I'm gonna enjoy it too.
You will not need a bag of popcorn to last that long. The GOP will rid themselves of him much earlier on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies