Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 04:42 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I take it you are a FOX viewer, which would explain why this is the first time you hear about this.
How does what someone watches on TV, have anything to do with how the Democrats will be "holding" Trump accountable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 04:47 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
What's the message from the Trump/Putin supporters here?

Sounds like they are giggling in their beards thinking if the minority won't be able to hold Trump accountable, then no one will.

Now THAT is what true corruption is all about.

I have more faith in GOP. They will hold him accountable, even impeach him if need be.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:

Sounds like they are giggling in their beards thinking if the minority won't be able to hold Trump accountable, then no one will.

I have more faith in GOP. They will hold him accountable, even impeach him if need be.
You accuse future corruption while completely ignoring the existing corruption of the candidate you supported.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You accuse future corruption while completely ignoring the existing corruption of the candidate you supported.
What corruption about Gary Johnson are you referring to?

Old 01-18-2017, 04:56 AM

Quote:
What corruption about Gary Johnson are you referring to?
I didn't say who you voted for.

But since you bring that up, Gary Johnson would agree with me on this matter. He isn't a Democrat.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:59 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A minority that holds together can make s president's life hell. You're assuming that Republicans will hold together in the majority. They didn't do it the last few times they had a majority, and they won't do it now.
I am waiting to hear how they'll "hold Trump accountable."

You haven't shown this. But nice speech anyway.

Quote:
Moreover, Dems don't really need a fractured Republican Party to to wreak havoc.
And how will they do that?

Quote:
Remember Repubs...Trump won. Republicans won nothing.
Just the House, the Senate, governorships, state legislative seats (1,000 more than when Obama took office....)

Quote:
Is your Google broken?

He announced right off the bat in 2009, and it was made official after the 2013 Wikileaks scandal.

First he said no one who carrier our orders, like waterboarding will be prosecuted, and then he continued by saying those who gave the orders or authorized the will not be either.
That's nice. But prosecuting them wouldn't have worked anyway.

So there was no immunity needed to begin with.

Quote:
I take it you are a FOX viewer, which would explain why this is the first time you hear about this.
Fox talks about the issues, not b.s. like this.

Quote:

Again, I am asking how.

How will they impeach him when Republicans have the House and the Senate?

They can't even investigate him, much less impeach him. Republicans hold all the committee chairmanships and won't allow it.

How will they do anything to him when even Democrat senators wouldn't support a protest against the electoral college vote certification?

Maybe I should repeat it: How, how how?

I am not hearing any answers yet.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I didn't say who you voted for. But since you bring that up, Gary Johnson would agree with me on this matter. He isn't a Democrat.
You said "candidate I supported", which was Gary Johnson. What corruption was he guilty of?

How's the weather in Moscow anyway? Little nippy?

Old 01-18-2017, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
That's nice. But prosecuting them wouldn't have worked anyway.

So there was no immunity needed to begin with.
There was quite an upheaval, and demands for never ending investigations and prosecution, and his immunity grant put an end to it before it started.

You asked, and I answered.

Quote:
Fox talks about the issues, not b.s. like this.
Luckily it was covered by the world wide media, so all but FOX viewers were informed about the events.

Quote:
Finn_Jarber: I have more faith in GOP. They will hold him accountable, even impeach him if need be.
Quote:
Again, I am asking how.

How will they impeach him when Republicans have the House and the Senate?
Trouble reading?

You insist GOP will not hold him accountable no matter what happens, and I am saying they, and Dems together will hold him accountable. GOP is not as corrupt as you think.

Even if majority refuses to take action, the minority can raise quite a racket and ensure the American public will demand accountability. Apparently you do not know how the US works.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:10 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
There was quite an upheaval, and demands for never ending investigations and prosecution, and his immunity grant put an end to it before it started.

You asked, and I answered.

Luckily it was covered by the world wide media, so all but FOX viewers were informed about the events.

Trouble reading?

You insist GOP will not hold him accountable no matter what happens, and I am saying they, and Dems together will hold him accountable.

Even if majority refuses to take action, the minority can raise quite a racket and ensure the American public will demand accountability. Apparently you do not know how the US works.
As I said, no prosecution would have succeeded.

The very idea of having a prosecution was beyond ridiculous.

Obama's "immunity" gesture was just an admission of his own impotence.

So apparently the "world" and the lying lib media know less than Fox about "how the US works."

Last edited by dechatelet; 01-18-2017 at 05:24 AM..

Old 01-18-2017, 05:16 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The latest brave words from the Democrats is that they are going to "hold Trump accountable."

Really?

I wonder how.

The Democrats don't have the House or the Senate.

In 2018, they'll lose even more seats in the Senate from states that voted for Trump.

They had 18 months to hold him accountable when he was running for office -- didn't happen.

And I'm not even asking "accountable for what?" -- but we can explore that, too.
Quote:
...The good news is not in the package Trump offered but in the fact that he offered anything at all. Public displeasure with Trump’s conflicts forced him to act in ways that he would have preferred to avoid. We have learned that public opinion can pressure Trump just as it pressured the House of Representatives to reverse itself on ethics enforcement. This is some comfort for the battles to come. ...
Here’s How Congress Can Hold Trump Accountable for His Business Conflicts

https://www.thenation.com/article/he...ess-conflicts/

This article also describes the 'bad news'.

Personally, the bad news includes there are folks who apparently don't believe a President of the United States of America should be held accountable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies