Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 03:07 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Congress can cancel most of his executive orders with a little help from the Democrats, by raising a veto-proof majority, to pass measures that specifically target them or parts of them. Don't think that can't happen, when republicans think about their own re-election prospects, if he were to devastate large blocks of voters from all the parties. Trump won't care who he sabotages, as he'd never even consider running for re-election, himself.
If his popularity slides further into the cellar, he will be pleased, as he sees himself as an opponent of everyone, except the 1%.
I'm reminded of those who followed the fake polls and concluded that Hillary would win by a landslide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 03:39 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnight View Post
another fake thread brought to you by .....

:d:d::d

Old 01-19-2017, 03:56 AM

1,663 posts, read 876,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
so EO's are only bad when a black Dem issues them? When Trump does it's cool- something to be celebrated right? Just want to make sure everyone has all their cards on the table for the next 4 years.....
Executive orders are always bad when they go beyond the power granted to the President in the constitution, as Obama did many times when congress wouldn't give him what he wanted.

An Executive Unbound: The Obama Administration

Great job trying to play the race card, but this is about following the law and the constitution. nothing else.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:53 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Executive orders are always bad when they go beyond the power granted to the President in the constitution, as Obama did many times when congress wouldn't give him what he wanted.

An Executive Unbound: The Obama Administration

Great job trying to play the race card, but this is about following the law and the constitution. nothing else.
Heritage Foundation link, nice non partisan site....I assume then that you supported their healthcare plan back in the 90's...aka the ACA???

Old 01-19-2017, 07:00 AM

8,415 posts, read 7,409,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh, you can't prove what you just accused me of, so now you intend to distract from it.

Here's a tip. Stop the personal attacks. They are not substitute for argument.
Sorry, Waldo, but you're the one who opened the door to discussions about health by noting that 'Trump certainly has stamina'. I'm just riffing along......

But if you're saying that you never questioned the health of Hillary Clinton, then would you like me to link some things you posted on C-D where you did impugn the health status of HRC?

Old 01-19-2017, 07:06 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
But if you're saying that you never questioned the health of Hillary Clinton,
The topic isn't about me and shame on you for trying to make it so. You accused me of saying she would not make it to 2017. Prove it. I never said this.

On the other hand, I did say many times that she doesn't look healthy. Anyone who passes out on the street either has physical or substance abuse issues. That is fair game.

Old 01-19-2017, 07:10 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
I hope this is true!

Old 01-19-2017, 08:06 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
Sorry, Waldo, but you're the one who opened the door to discussions about health by noting that 'Trump certainly has stamina'. I'm just riffing along......

But if you're saying that you never questioned the health of Hillary Clinton, then would you like me to link some things you posted on C-D where you did impugn the health status of HRC?
How does one "impugn" the health of someone who was/is clearly ill? I guess being tossed into a van like a side of beef or is hacking like a 5 pack a day smoker of unfiltered Pall Malls is something that happens to healthy people all the time?

As for the OP, I've heard from a couple of news sources (NBC/FOX) that he intends to sign a few orders right after he's sworn in and then start fresh on Monday.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:40 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Halbach View Post
I was hoping it would be many more than five on the first day too. However, if by doing a few at a time he can keep the Liberal tears flowing....I say do it. Seeing the outrage of the left gives me joy each day.
It would seem that you would take great joy at seeing tens of millions lose their healthcare, starve or freeze and choke on polluted air. The message you and several others on this thread are apparently sending, is that all these people will finally get what they deserve. Most of the usual bunch has flocked here, to reassert their sociopathic delight at what they hope is coming. What a pathetic existence it must be, to regard the other non-Trump supporting 75% of the population as enemies.

Old 01-19-2017, 04:45 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Boom! Now we get down to business FOR America. Lefties, get on board. It will be good for all of us. (You'll have to sit in back)
We actually own most of this country, and we pay for the rest of you.

Of course we sit in the back. Do you think I drive my own car? That's what a driver is for.

If you believe there was ever going to be room made for you, I have some hilarious (to me) news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies