Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:41 PM

23,551 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is dangerous and expensive.

Trump told the Washington Post in an interview published Wednesday morning:

“Being a great president has to do with a lot of things, but one of them is being a great cheerleader for the country,” Trump said. “And we’re going to show the people as we build up our military, we’re going to display our military.

“That military may come marching down Pennsylvania Avenue. That military may be flying over New York City and Washington, D.C., for parades. I mean, we’re going to be showing our military,”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...litary-parades
Discussion: Trump Says He'll Show Off The US Military In Parades - TPM Article Topics - The Hive
the guy is commander and chielf of the military. the same military hamstrung by regs during wartime, the same vets that sufferred under obama at the VA after Obama said he was giving it his laser focus in 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016. the same VA problems hrc proclaimed was cherry picked by the repubs to make the whole organization look bad.

About time the military got some good PR.

A sign of things to come is when obama sells 25% of our uranium supply to puitin and defends him in a debate.

During obama's reign the empire state building lit up red and yellow to celebrate the 50th annibv of communist red china.

Obama did his best to take guns away from law abiding citizens... your list of bad guys did the same.

Your list of bad guys would applaud obma when his USAG falsified a warrant and judge shopped to spy on a journalist.

You are looking at the wrong signals. Review the past 8 years and see what the preface to a totalitarian society looks like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 01:59 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
He did register for the draft, no.
He got educational deferments as did many others in college, yes?
He was a little rich boy enjoying the privileges that come with being a little rich boy, no debate there.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:17 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He was a little rich boy enjoying the privileges that come with being a little rich boy, no debate there.
Maybe. Him and a whole slew of others. Never been an uncommon thing.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:32 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Wrong that government power! the tax codes etc! that he took advantage of... The same codes written by Democrats, the strategic utilization of bankruptcy protection he's genius. If you had any idea of how a business works you wouldn't spew that rhetoric

And umm pre Obama care my health insurance was 35 dollars a week, with a 50 dollar copay for ER services, 10 dollar copay for medicine.

Obama care comes along... Now I have to pay 90 dollars a week and come up with 3500 dollars out of pocket? And trump screwed the working class? Bwahahahahaha that's RICH try again...

Giving tax incentives for businesses and cutting entitlement welfare programs GOOD
Sucks to be you, if you don't have marketable skills but a BS degree from a liberal social justice warrior indoctrination puppy mill. I mean college.

I don't do too bad though. Cleared 97k when I was 27... 86k when I was 28 this year I might break 90k.
I plan to start a business if the taxes are reduced from 35 percent to 15 that means I can pay my employees better.

No sense in arguing with you though, you subscribe to obamanomics

Ever hear the term, you get what you pay for? Do you honestly think that you are fully insured for $35 a week with a $50 copay? If so, there's a bridge somewhere I'd like to sell you. I had the same argument with someone 15 years ago who claimed he was "fully" insured through his company for $30 a month. These small amounts you're paying pay for basic things or one time injuries, trips to the ER and such. Even then they might question it. They don't pay for anything serious or long term. Countless ppl have lost or been outright denied care from their so called "fully" insured plans when they came down with some serious illness. The only reason why you only have to pay $35 a month or week right now is because poor fools who believe they are fully insured through their company, for a few bucks a month, are being denied care every day. Even the ones who pay a lot more. That's how medical insurance used to work and how they make billions off suffering. No one on the right seems to think that they might end up being that poor fool next.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:47 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I hope you are signing up for service and are ready to strap on your boots in order to defend Trump's ego.

Expensive military parades serves no one but Trump's ego and will be paid for by cuts in programs for the elderly and the sick. The donor class has already been promised trillions in tax breaks and Trump's spending proposals are gigantic for such low projected revenue as a result of the donor class tax breaks.
The parades were more or less the same the last few years.... Where have you been, locked up in a closet? This is my second parade- first was for Bush. Ain't nothing change but the year.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:56 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'm 29.
I have stock in general dynamics/Raytheon and other defense programs...
I'm working class... I am a Ford diesel certified technician.
I raced stock cars in NY
Paid for my own college
Paid for my own house without help from a bank. Had the sellers agree to hold the mortgage for 15 years and paid it off while improving it in 5 years. Was a 50k dollar fixer upper.

You aren't getting anywhere... Just spewing more anti trump unpatriotic rhetoric.
I hope you're some product of a social justice warrior college professor... No way you're 30-60 years old...
You need to go back to your "college" and ask for your money back

Old 01-19-2017, 03:22 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Ever hear the term, you get what you pay for? Do you honestly think that you are fully insured for $35 a week with a $50 copay? If so, there's a bridge somewhere I'd like to sell you. I had the same argument with someone 15 years ago who claimed he was "fully" insured through his company for $30 a month. These small amounts you're paying pay for basic things or one time injuries, trips to the ER and such. Even then they might question it. They don't pay for anything serious or long term. Countless ppl have lost or been outright denied care from their so called "fully" insured plans when they came down with some serious illness. The only reason why you only have to pay $35 a month or week right now is because poor fools who believe they are fully insured through their company, for a few bucks a month, are being denied care every day. Even the ones who pay a lot more. That's how medical insurance used to work and how they make billions off suffering. No one on the right seems to think that they might end up being that poor fool next.
And I never had an issue when I had insurance pre Oblunder care. Insurance company didn't weasel thier way out of paying anything... But this is MY experience. Was 35 a week. Post ACA jumped to 90 a week with a high deductible... And doesn't cover much unless it's serious... Meds aren't covered anymore either... So how is it more affordable?

Old 01-19-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You need to go back to your "college" and ask for your money back
Whys that? I do just fine...

Old 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Ever hear the term, you get what you pay for? Do you honestly think that you are fully insured for $35 a week with a $50 copay?
That is what a lot of people honestly thought. If they fell ill and hit some absurdly low annual and lifetime cap - presto, no coverage. Insurance companies loved these - most people don't read the fine print and even those who do think it has to be better than nothing, right?

Employers loved them too - "We offer health insurance!" - and the only people who encountered the scam were those who fell seriously ill. McDonalds got in the ACA debate by (in)famously threatening to "no longer offer insurance", when the plans they hawked were capped at as little as $2,000 per year. Charming, innit?

Quote:
That's how medical insurance used to work and how they make billions off suffering. No one on the right seems to think that they might end up being that poor fool next.
Lots of people thought they were insured. They were fairly certain that if they fell ill, the nice people who took their money would help.

The junk plans were junk. The people who claim they had actual insurance at junk plan prices are either misled or lying.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:30 PM

Or is it because I didn't become a social justice warrior? I went to school to get a better wage...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies