Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:17 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,445,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
They're only doing it because the red menace cost hildabeast the election. But because we want to have pride in ourselves and our military we're evil and dick waving...
It getting to where I can't wait for the next evil twist. They have quite the imagination, I'll give them that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 08:19 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,453,073 times
Well we have a dictator wannabe taking over the White House, now we get our own North Korea and Red Square military parades.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:19 PM

39,023 posts, read 27,418,548 times
Quote:
I have better than 20/20 eye sight. I can read the bottom line of an eye chart. I have very quick reaction skills. I grew up hunting and shooting guns, I can put 5 rounds inside a 6 inch steel plate from 12-1500 yards with either 308 or 300 win mag. I'd be most efficiently used as a sniper not a POG
You should take an open contract, in my opinion. My bro went in with an open contract, and he was a Recon with the 0321 MOS.

Actually, if I remember this correctly, You cannot pick jobs such as Recon, Marsoc, Recruiter, Drill Instructor, Embassy Guard, Silent Drill Team, Sniper and several others when enlisting. Those are jobs you can look into at a later date once in the USMC.

I have a lot of friends with the 1st battalion 5th marines, some are with india battery 3/12 (the artillery guys). These are all legendary warriors.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:20 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,453,073 times
Quote:
I have better than 20/20 eye sight. I can read the bottom line of an eye chart. I have very quick reaction skills. I grew up hunting and shooting guns, I can put 5 rounds inside a 6 inch steel plate from 12-1500 yards with either 308 or 300 win mag. I'd be most efficiently used as a sniper not a POG
Wow, you're awesome. Really cool story bro.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:31 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,920,043 times
Quote:
I went to enlist in the USMC when I was 17 a torn rotator cuff kept me from getting in. I had the hopes of getting in to infantry with the goal of becoming a sniper. I'd gladly go to war for this country any day unfortunately strict physical requirements ended that real quick.

Doesn't affect my performance what so ever just has an audible click when going through full range of motion and doesn't affect accuracy when behind the scope aiming at steel plates moving at a decent pace 1500 yards out with a 308 or 300 win mag.
As someone who actually served, deployed and came home with the medals, let me tell you what soldiers hate more than anything: parades.

This is dumb, jingoistic and backwards.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:32 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,472,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
It getting to where I can't wait for the next evil twist. They have quite the imagination, I'll give them that.
Indeed they do.
Next up the queen of England is a reptilian alien that will live to be 400 years old and will need a new host when this body has turned to dust.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:33 PM

1,229 posts, read 855,876 times
Quote:
I did. I have the rejection papers somewhere...

Before anything they screen you, and based on my MOS (I even hand wrote it 8541 scout sniper) had to do the physical up in Albany and soon as my shoulder clicked, doctor looked up eyes the size of the moon said do that again he placed his hand on my shoulder and said son... You'll never see infantry. Not in the marines. Maybe not in the army either. Sorry. You might want to try the Air Force or coast guard...

Was crushed.
Sorry to hear that my friend. The Corps could have used you. I've had a rotator cuff pop.....and couldn't even rep out vertical Hitler's with 15 lb dumbells. Had to go under the blade.....but after it healed I thought they had injected me with adamantium.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Sorry to hear that my friend. The Corps could have used you. I've had a rotator cuff pop.....and couldn't even rep out vertical Hitler's with 15 lb dumbells. Had to go under the blade.....but after it healed I thought they had injected me with adamantium.
I get cortisone injections once or twice a year. Comes in handy when torquing 6.0/6.4 head bolts when customers won't opt for head studs.

Or when having to set pinion preload in a F450/550 rear diff...

Doctors wanted me to have it done (was dislocated and damaged it) but nope. Not for a 50/50 chance of having it be right again plus down time and physical therapy. Maybe when I can't move anymore/retire...

Old 01-18-2017, 08:38 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,917,792 times
Quote:
Got there on my own without a hand out... A lot of people did. You should try it some time instead of whine about social injustice, become productive. Try it. You'll be AMAZED at what you can achieve with motivation skills and ambition...

How is that pointless to show up to said event and show support to those who'd defend your wrongs I mean rights?
Ask yourself this. What would you have done if you got disabled at 22 and could never work again in your life? Lets say you already had a child as well but the mother died of cancer. I am just curious because you want to end all welfare and believe health care should only be given to those who can afford it and corporations should be free to deny it at any time. A pure mad max hell hole, while spending far more tax money on meaningless military parades. You are basically advocating for America to become a pure third world country where the government only spend money on military to brainwash their citizenry and give the finger to their people. Its just mindboggling to me how working stiffs like yourself can sit and cheer that on. I suspect it is most likely because you havent thought things through and dont believe anything could have or will happen to you and your family. Thats my impression with a lot of people with your views. They sing another tune later but then its too late.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You should take an open contract, in my opinion. My bro went in with an open contract, and he was a Recon with the 0321 MOS.

Actually, if I remember this correctly, You cannot pick jobs such as Recon, Marsoc, Recruiter, Drill Instructor, Embassy Guard, Silent Drill Team, Sniper and several others when enlisting. Those are jobs you can look into at a later date once in the USMC.

I have a lot of friends with the 1st battalion 5th marines, some are with india battery 3/12 (the artillery guys). These are all legendary warriors.
Yes, and in order to pursue that avenue I had to be infantry first. I put in parenthesis next to infantry scout sniper and it's MOS number so they knew well what my intentions were. Can't remember the other MOS I picked, had 3 to pick from...

I remember wanting anything on the ground seeing direct combat. Can't for the life of me remember what the others were...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies