Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 09:33 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And he might be the smartest of all. He certainly has a 150+ IQ considering his business is one of the most complex businesses you can be in and he is probably the most successful in the world at it.
LOL. He's not that smart. But, he did attend an Ivy. Not the most prestigious of all the Ivies, and he did transfer in instead of spending 4 years in residence, but he's noted for his ADD, so that's not surprising.

This thread is hilarious. I inadvertently typed PSU instead of UP in a thread last night (it was late) and the OP lost the plot. Because, even if Trump did not attend an Ivy (which he did), he is still not even remotely the first President not to have attended an Ivy.

MANY OF THE PRESIDENTS DID NOT ATTEND IVIES.

This thread is comedy gold.

Last edited by RedZin; 01-19-2017 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 09:37 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,282,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Let's suppose that's true. That only explains the Trump-specific part of that giant pile of wrong.

It's not like we have to go far back to find a president who didn't graduate from an Ivy League.
I totally agree, just go back to Reagan as someone mentioned, who graduated from Eureka College, or Carter, who graduated from the Naval Academy after starting off at Georgia Southwestern College and Georgia Tech.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:37 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,522,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You think real estate is simple? Playing at the level he plays at? You should look into it.

And by all accounts, Trump is the most savvy. He generally knows the answer to any question he ever asks and makes his decisions on how people answer it. From all accounts he is very fair but very, very tough.
Why don't we ask some real New York City real estate people how savvy Trump is?

Old 01-19-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Maybe the OP should start watching Comedy Central so he can be less completely wrong.

I'm actually curious where the OP came up with this bit of nonsense. Was it an original thought? Or was it from some right wing fake news site or email that got forwarded or Facebook post by some right wing moron?

I've got to give you credit though for your shameless attempt to spin a right winger falling for hilariously wrong propaganda into an attack on people who are actually informed. Not a very good attempt, mind you, but it did take some sort of something to actually type that garbage out and click the post button.
I have to take credit. I mis-typed a response last night as Penn State vs UP and I really should have gone back to correct it. I was more focused on discussing how Wharton is part of a university and not a separate university as it seems the OP thought Trump had a graduate degree from Wharton and that it was a separate school from Trump's undergrad alma mater.

It was nearly 2am, but anyway...

I thought the loud squealing about being the first president not to attend an ivy was funny, since we have some that never even went to college. I went to bed and look what sprung up?

This is a thing of beauty.

Google is our friend.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Why don't we ask some real New York City real estate people how savvy Trump is?
We won't find any that like him and not because he's so brilliant, either.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:43 AM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The OPs tag line says it all . Probably heard it there, so it's true regardless of any facts others present .

Reagan went to a little place called Eureka , or something similar . Not an Ivy League school .
Nixon went to Whittier. I think he went to Duke for law school.

I would separate out those Presidents who attended one of the military Academies. If anything the admission standards for them, especially pre-1976 or so, were more stringent than the Ivies.

Didn't Ford go to Michigan? I don't know where he went for law school.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:46 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,449,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
We won't find any that like him and not because he's so brilliant, either.

Agreed- those of us in the Northeast are familiar with his act as a crass, tacky developer who makes his bones selling gaudy apartments to new money and foreign investors. Somehow he convinced the rest of the country that he's John Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie reincarnated.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:50 AM

Lincoln, often regarded as the best, if not one of best Presidents of all time did not even attend college and had only one year of formal schooling.

I have known this since I was in elementary school.

That the OP had no clue is really baffling.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
Agreed- those of us in the Northeast are familiar with his act as a crass, tacky developer who makes his bones selling gaudy apartments to new money and foreign investors. Somehow he convinced the rest of the country that he's John Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie reincarnated.
Well, he does admire PT Barnum, so...

Old 01-19-2017, 09:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Nevermind the noise from the left...

Donald J. Trump is the first "non" IVY LEAGUE GRAD to become President of the USA ---

NO HARVARD, NO YALE, NO PRINCETON....

That speaks volumes!!!!!!!!!!!

I am proud that we voted into office a man who has no ties to the IVY LEAGUE dogma of presidents!

The left should be singing his praises but instead they are not.
This speaks volumes about your understanding.

The majority of Presidents did not graduate from an Ivy League.

Trump however, did.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...s_by_education
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies