Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 11:14 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
We're not talking about "many, many others". This is about Zuckerberg. If you can't respond without pointing at others, then I guess you don't dispute that Zuckerberg doesn't give a rat's ass about American citizens.
No, you are whining about one man's behavior which is NO DIFFERENT than that of many, many others.

WHY is that?

Mark Zuckerbuerg's use of his $$$ on his property is meaningless to me and his thoughts on whether we should build a wall or not is his O-P-I-N-I-O-N which doesn't mean too much to me either

IF you choose to single out one man's actions as abhorrent while giving others a pass for the exact same actions it's your problem, not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, your approach is that we continue trying to hope the government enforces the law? How many more decades do we continue trying what hasn't been working year after year after year after year after year after.......

What is that expression about insanity and trying the same thing over and over while expecting different results?
WHAT is this "continue trying:" about?

You're the one who said we ignored solutions 1-16, i.e. never tried them.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Do you vote on a candidate based on their clothes or their platform?
Neither actually. I wrote in Jim Webb because in every interview I've ever seen with him he impressed me as someone I could trust. I may have disagreed with some of his positions but trust is my #1 criterion. And after 35+ years of observing Trump I have no trust in him.

Quote:
Trump promoted the wall as the centerpiece of his election.
He promoted a lot of things that were quickly forgotten. Hear much talk about the 'Deportation Force' quickly ridding the country of 11,000,000 illegals lately?

Quote:
This wasn't something he pulled out of thin air, this is pretty much what won him the WH.
I don't think it's thin air he's pulling things out of.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:35 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHAT is this "continue trying:" about?

You're the one who said we ignored solutions 1-16, i.e. never tried them.
Trying to get the government to enforce our laws. They have ignored them for decades.

Quote:
Neither actually. I wrote in Jim Webb because in every interview I've ever seen with him he impressed me as someone I could trust. I may have disagreed with some of his positions but trust is my #1 criterion. And after 35+ years of observing Trump I have no trust in him.

He promoted a lot of things that were quickly forgotten. Hear much talk about the 'Deportation Force' quickly ridding the country of 11,000,000 illegals lately?

I don't think it's thin air he's pulling things out of.
Immigration, specifically a wall and deportation, were at the core of his campaign. People voted for him based on these.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
So, Mark Zuckerberg, who loves to speak about how bad a border wall is, has been putting up a six foot wall around his newly purchased property in Hawaii.

Wow, a rich elitist wall hypocrite, imagine that.
Zucker is building a wall, on his property, with his money, for his personal use.
Trump is building a wall on other people's property, with other people's money for his own use.

Big difference there.

If you think he's building it for American people you are one of the tragically duped. He's building it for no other reason than because he said he would, for his own ego.
Nobody but his sycophants like you think it's a smart idea.
Mandatory e-verify with tough enforcement. Problem solved for next to nothing. You wouldn't even have to pay for the illegals to leave. they'd do it on their own dime.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:50 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Well then, please post a pic of the ballot that contained a yea/nay vote for the wall.
We voted for Trump who said he was going to build a wall. Perhaps you should study the obscure concept know as a republic.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:04 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
He gave up on using lawyers to force people to sell him more land, but he still owns 100 acres he bought three years ago.

Unless his privacy wall has unlocked gates that allow people in, he's still using it to keep people out.

He doesn't want people looking in his windows, and I don't want to pay for services for illegals. Is his desire any better than mine?

A house=/ a country. It'd be one thing if you were trying to keep your fans away when they see you come out of a hotel. This is not what Zuckerberg is doing however. He is trying to protect the property he purchased. Do you really think he should have unlocked gates? Have you seen how people are with those that are famous?

Did you buy America on Ebay? Did you even pay to rent it? No... in fact America is not really ours even though we reside in it. It belongs to the Native Americans (that's why they call them NATIVE Americans duh) and somewhere in history someone took over.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:56 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Zucker is building a wall, on his property, with his money, for his personal use.
Trump is building a wall on other people's property, with other people's money for his own use.

Big difference there.

If you think he's building it for American people you are one of the tragically duped. He's building it for no other reason than because he said he would, for his own ego.
Nobody but his sycophants like you think it's a smart idea.
Mandatory e-verify with tough enforcement. Problem solved for next to nothing. You wouldn't even have to pay for the illegals to leave. they'd do it on their own dime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
A house=/ a country. It'd be one thing if you were trying to keep your fans away when they see you come out of a hotel. This is not what Zuckerberg is doing however. He is trying to protect the property he purchased. Do you really think he should have unlocked gates? Have you seen how people are with those that are famous?

Did you buy America on Ebay? Did you even pay to rent it? No... in fact America is not really ours even though we reside in it. It belongs to the Native Americans (that's why they call them NATIVE Americans duh) and somewhere in history someone took over.
Zuckerberg built his wall in his property with his money to keep unwanted people out.

America needs to build our wall on American soil with our money to keep unwanted people out.

BTW, do you think the native Americans wish they established and enforced borders? They are a great example of what happens when you neglect such things.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
We voted for Trump who said he was going to build a wall. Perhaps you should study the obscure concept know as a republic.
He also said he was going to form a 'Deportation Force' and quickly rid the US of 11,000,000 illegals.

Perhaps you should study the concept known as selective memory.

Old 01-28-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Zuckerberg built his wall in his property with his money to keep unwanted people out.

America needs to build our wall on American soil with our money to keep unwanted people out.

BTW, do you think the native Americans wish they established and enforced borders? They are a great example of what happens when you neglect such things.

WHAT happened to Mexico paying for this White Elephant in the making?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies