U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you want to see Trump continue Obama's Weapons Dispersal Programs?
Yes, I generally favor continuing or expanding Obama's weapons dispersal programs 0 0%
No, I think these programs are foolish and should be generally reduced or eliminated 11 100.00%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-19-2017, 04:32 AM
 
16,825 posts, read 9,136,603 times
Reputation: 6820

Advertisements

Obama's Fast and Furious Program has seen at least 300 Mexicans and some Americans shot and killed or wounded with Obama's assault rifles that he let pour over into Mexico. Obama then lied and falsely claimed that Bush started the program.

Obama has been dumping weapons into the Middle East. One of the reasons that Obama has been dumping weapons into a region that is so unstable as it is, is so that he can foster the removal of Assad in Syria - and hope that ISIS or other extreme elements don't rise up and fill the vacuum ala Iraq.

However, part of the problem is that our military intelligence says that finding moderate rebels is like looking for a unicorn and many of our weapons that we flood into the region keep getting into the hands of ISIS or other groups that the US officially recognizes as terrorist organizations.

Russia has claimed that our pouring of weapons into the region is a hostile act as the weapons are being used to kill Russians (who want Assad in power to secure their warm water Navy port in Syria).

Obama has also given weapons to Iraq, where corrupt officials then give the weapons to ISIS.

Obama, being the genius that he is, is using his final days to increase the flow of weapons into the Middle East with negligible criticism from the left and MSM.



I have a feeling that many liberals and the MSM will magically change their position on Weapon Dispersal programs at about 12 noon on Friday. However, I am worried that Trump voters will act like Obama voters and bend their principles to the politician.

I've heard many liberals over the years criticize Reagan for continuing Jimmy Carter's 1979 supply of weapons into rebels in Afghanistan that supplied people like Bin Laden and how it backfired. Is this one of those time where we need to learn from our past mistakes?


I haven't even touched on Obama pouring weapons into Libya yet...

https://www.stpete4peace.org/obama-fact-sheet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-19-2017, 04:36 AM
 
Location: Salisbury,NC
10,632 posts, read 4,434,108 times
Reputation: 4708
Whoa their Moon. Getting over the tips on this one. Get the facts right before you start pushing the false info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2017, 04:42 AM
 
16,825 posts, read 9,136,603 times
Reputation: 6820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Whoa their Moon. Getting over the tips on this one. Get the facts right before you start pushing the false info.
Could you please make a list of the false info in this post with your rationale?

I take it that you support Obama's Weapons Dispersal Programs - until about noon on Friday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2017, 05:04 AM
 
5,948 posts, read 4,557,032 times
Reputation: 6656
I think we need to get weapons to Europeans who are fed up with getting raped by migrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2017, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Florida
63,163 posts, read 34,407,807 times
Reputation: 10505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Whoa their Moon. Getting over the tips on this one. Get the facts right before you start pushing the false info.
Its a classic straw man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2017, 05:49 AM
 
16,825 posts, read 9,136,603 times
Reputation: 6820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its a classic straw man
A strawman argument is where you say your opponent said something that he never said and then argue against it.

What I am saying is that Obama factually has implemented Weapons Dispersal Programs and think they are poor policy.

You won't touch those facts or my links as you for partisan gain ignore Obama's faults, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2017, 05:58 AM
 
Location: Florida
63,163 posts, read 34,407,807 times
Reputation: 10505
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
A strawman argument is where you say your opponent said something that he never said and then argue against it.
You are saying Fast And Furious is an ongoing program and you are asking if it should be reduced or eliminated.

It's a classic straw man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2017, 06:11 AM
 
24,111 posts, read 11,981,042 times
Reputation: 10268
More guns for everyone. Let the idiots kill each other off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2017, 09:33 AM
 
16,825 posts, read 9,136,603 times
Reputation: 6820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are saying Fast And Furious is an ongoing program and you are asking if it should be reduced or eliminated.

It's a classic straw man
What about Syria, it is expanding.

Should Trump continue Weapons Dispersal Programs in Syria?

Should he behave like Bush and Obama and allow assault rifles to go to drug cartels?

Libya?


Are you denying and diverting because you oppose Obama's actions, but for partisan purposes you can't admit it? Party over what is best for earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2017, 04:05 AM
 
16,825 posts, read 9,136,603 times
Reputation: 6820
U.S.-Approved Weapons Transfer Ended Up With Libyan Jihadis - The New York Times

We haven't touched much on Libya.

Here is a NY Times Article that discusses Obama's Weapons Dispersal Program in Libya whereby weapons fell into terrorist hands.

What benefit do we gain from helping to create power vacuums in areas dripping with Jihadists? What drawbacks are there from arming people like ISIS?


There will undoubtedly be more Middle East turmoil in the next 4 years, should Trump pour free weapons into the region?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:21 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top