Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 05:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Oh, believe me, the kids who did it got into a load of trouble, but kids throwing insults at each other is not conducive to schools providing an environment conducive to learning. I mean look at the forums. Even adults -- from both side of the aisle -- just can't resist being jerks to each other in the aftermath of the election. If a school administration thinks that there is going to be a problem, I fully support keeping the inauguration out of the classroom and leaving it to families to talk about it at home over this weekend. It's not like it won't be available on a multitude of platforms.
Here's the problem as I see it, aren't schools there to educate young skulls filled with mush? Aren't they expressly there to educate children in critical thinking and how to discuss ideas,information and differing points of view?
Or, are they just there to indoctrinate and only to undertake the easiest crowd think of the day?
I happen to know of a school district who's teachers are organizing a protest march because of the new president AND who drag their biased ideas into the classroom daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 05:32 PM

165 posts, read 115,931 times
Everyone is up in arms about this and crying about "the snowflakes" but this never happened. Cape Cod Todd was misinformed. When I told a friend in the media about this he wanted to get this story out there. He and his collegues called every school district on the south shore and beyond. They were told that it was nothing more than a rumor.
Don't you think that someone would have brought this to the attention of the local news or on social media? As a parent I would have been outraged.
Students all over the state were told and sent memos statingnot to walk out over Trump's inauguration. Not talk about wasn't ordered!
Massachusetts public schools are the top rated schools in the country. Free speech and political discourse is encouraged if done in a civil manner.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrady11 View Post
Everyone is up in arms about this and crying about "the snowflakes" but this never happened. Cape Cod Todd was misinformed. When I told a friend in the media about this he wanted to get this story out there. He and his collegues called every school district on the south shore and beyond. They were told that it was nothing more than a rumor.
Don't you think that someone would have brought this to the attention of the local news or on social media? As a parent I would have been outraged.
Students all over the state were told and sent memos statingnot to walk out over Trump's inauguration. Not talk about wasn't ordered!
Massachusetts public schools are the top rated schools in the country. Free speech and political discourse is encouraged if done in a civil manner.
Thank you so much! Fake news should always always be corrected and the record set straight.

Fake news used to be called lies, but the alt-right made us make it a politically correct term.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:39 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
I think this was a memo that was sent to the staff, if anything.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I think this was a memo that was sent to the staff, if anything.
I would guess you're probably correct like the teacher protest marches in the district I've been hearing about...

Old 01-24-2017, 09:03 AM

530 posts, read 358,310 times
This "news" is completely fake. Thanks to fellow member: bolehboleh. See here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/46937042-post106.html

Reply from School:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/46937042-post108.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies