Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 02:57 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If you are truth telling and interested in making educated decisions, instead of focusing on demonization politics, you would focus on what he wants to do that will benefit the country and possibly you. If you were truth telling and truly wanted to focus to benefit, you would learn what policies will effect who and what?

Below is an example, by reading his blog I suspect he is a Hillary supporter. Instead of focusing on Hillary's loss, he is focusing on investing to benefit from Trumps policies. Read this article.

San Francisco is a “sanctuary city,” i.e. a city that has adopted a policy of protecting undocumented immigrants by not prosecuting them solely for violating the federal immigration laws of the country they are now living in illegally. Obviously, this is a hot topic since struggling U.S. citizens are understandably upset with illegal immigrants who occupy jobs or coveted spots at great universities.

Investing In The Heartland Of America | Financial Samurai
Are these more of the people you are accusing of plotting a coup?

Old 01-19-2017, 03:00 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Totally agree. If Trump is opposed the entire four years, that is the right of American citizens to openly and vocally disagree with him every minute. Freedom.
It happened for 8 years under Obama. I guess Trump supporters think they've finally "won THEIR country back" and the rest of us should fall in line and enjoy their racist, white nationalist utopia?

Old 01-19-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
This is what matters in the end and Trump won. Just as it mattered when Democrats won
But, understanding the nuances helps people who like to think understand why there's so much opposition to him.

I mean, I don't know if that occurred to you, so I'm throwing it out there.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:02 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I won't do anything with the information except add it to the fund of information I have about President-Elect Trump. It will add to my knowledge. It will enable me to better anticipate the decisions he's going to make. It will help me understand who he is.

What boggles the mind is that you DON'T want to know anything about him.
I have enough problems worrying about my own business....I'm content He's not HRC. I hope he puts a giant boot on the neck of that snake called the Democrat party and squeezes until it's dead....

Quote:
The left only hears what they want to hear but I'll repeat it anyway. If you do something wrong you risk getting caught. If Hillary didn't do anything wrong no matter how much hacking went on it wouldn't have made a difference. And seriously, using "password" as your password? That along with a server in a bathroom shows the contempt she and other Democrats treats our national security. Of course Donna Brazil felt she had to help Hillary by giving her questions. Can Democrats not win without cheating.

Of course we'd prefer that our media report truthfully instead of acting as an arm of her campaign but that didn't happen.
What on earth are you talking about?

I'm not a Democrat, but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yes and Dems can continue to lose their hold on power they've enjoyed the last 50 years. Maybe they should start figuring out how to appeal to middle America.

Get rid of your current leaders and bring in some fresh blood. What you are doing is not working.

Dems only have themselves to blame for Trump.
Maybe Middle America should catch up to the rest of us.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Please let it be peaceful.

Enough nutcases threatening harm, hateful riots, and endlessly judging our great president, LONG before he steps foot in the White House.

I hope every single person, that has "bad intentions" is punished for trying to cause harm to anyone, destroying property and whatever else they plan to do, other than peaceful protesting.

I read somewhere... that once the inauguration is over, people will begin to quietly accept that Trump is our president.
Nope... people won't be quiet after the inauguration. I think a lot of people hope so, but it won't happen.

He's a dumpster fire.

I hope nobody gets hurt during the demonstrations and the inauguration. That much we can agree on.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Most of the country including a good fraction of the Republican party does not like the results. But it is what it is and hopefully the country will survive until we get rid of Trump.

This has nothing to do with left/right - I will gladly take Pence over Trump.
So would I. And I don't like Pence at all. But, at least he's not a loose cannon and feel sure he has read and understands the laws of this land and the responsibilities of President.

Because, let's face it, he will be doing this job for Trump anyway.

Old 01-19-2017, 03:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Maybe Middle America should catch up to the rest of us.
Rep! So agree. They need to stop blaming, roll up their sleeves and get to work. We've all done it, worked and gone to school while managing families, it's the nature of things, there are no easy answers. Now that their guy is in office, they have no one to blame so get to work!

Old 01-19-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Of course he will but not without a melt down show by Democrats.
Why do you care?

I mean, your guy won.

Why do you even care?

They are not going to support him. Most of America does not support him. He's unpopular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies