Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 09:27 AM

305 posts, read 180,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I quoted your post as you are so right. Haters should take their posts else where and whine all day if they want while we celebrate
There's that patriotic support for freedom of speech...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 09:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
His rallys were proof of that remember , he didn't need entertainers performing like Hillary to get the crowds.
For they were only there to see the show and not to hear what she had to say .

Today he will have an amazing crowd stay tuned to your local news .
Nope. It's actually a very small crowd. No where near Obamas 2009 inauguration.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:52 AM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Poor, uneducated whites have had there day. Let them revel in voting against their own self interests, I'm sure us high earning, educated Americans will actually benefit individually from this election as we get richer and they get poorer. Such is life.
I read nonsense like this and think that it is very unlikely that this level of stupidity is real.
Are you intending yourself to be a joke, or is that hubris accidental?

Old 01-20-2017, 10:05 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Nope. It's actually a very small crowd. No where near Obamas 2009 inauguration.
One thing about it President Trump was voted in by the American people......I don't think President Trump got any guilt votes......

November 17, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The Obama election has changed the face of America. It strikes a blow to white guilt, because hundreds of thousands of white people voted for him to prove that they were not racists. It gives blacks who voted for him hope, because there has never been a black president of America........was this more about shaming?

President Barack Obama. "I voted for Barack because he was black," Jackson confessed."Cuz that's why other folks vote for other people—because they look like them." This is good to know....

"That's American politics, pure and simple," Jackson said. "[Obama's] message didn't mean sh*t to me." To bad Jackson missed the message on Fundamental Change.....that it meant more poor people from other countries would take the place of Americans in America!

I guess more people took this to heart and heard the message.......is this why Hillary lost! The message is much more important than the color of skin. I wish President Obama was President to all people, not the President of his OWN party!

One thing about it small crowd or large........the votes were about President Trump's message.

Be wonderful if we could all enjoy the moment......

Old 01-20-2017, 10:48 AM

778 posts, read 339,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I just checked Trip Advisor and there are all kinds of hotel rooms available in DC from about $200/night up to over $1000/night still available.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g...ia-Hotels.html

Regardless, watch Trump claim "it's the biggest crowd in history!"

Great! That saves us tax dollars for Americans! The event is merely ceremonial! All this pomp and circumstance has become more obscene as the decades pass.

Probably smaller because no one has the money to afford to go.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Great! That saves us tax dollars for Americans! The event is merely ceremonial! All this pomp and circumstance has become more obscene as the decades pass.

Probably smaller because no one has the money to afford to go.
I guess we'll find out how people chose to spend their money tomorrow.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
The most divisive inauguration speech I have ever heard.

WTG Don.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:50 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

WTG Don.
It probably sounded better in the original Russian.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:55 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxstation View Post
go falcons!!
go packers!

Old 01-20-2017, 05:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

WTG Don.
Why? Because he didn't kiss butt and promise stuff he was in no way going to do like many other presidents have done? He'll have to go a whole lot farther to be as divisive as Obama that's for certain.
Oh the HORROR of it all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies