Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 05:09 PM

21,033 posts, read 19,515,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I saw on Fox today: tomorrow's inauguration: It is estimated to have a crowd of 800k.

Obama (2013): 1.8 million.
That's okay, Hillary's campaign supporters told us crowd size doesn't matter.

(sarcasm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 05:10 PM

40,931 posts, read 48,978,236 times
Somebody lock the WH doors. Let's make sure Hillary doesn't sneak in overnight when she has another breakdown.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:12 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,012,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/insider.f...ndroid-verizon

You know, let me preface by saying; Trump wasn't my pick in the primary. I didn't vote for Trump, I voted against Hillary. However, I can't help but be hopeful.

I used to love Lee Greenwood's, God Bless the U.S.A., because it came out when I was a kid, so I have a nostalgic attachment to it. When he performed at this concert, the camera cut to the pres-elect, and Trump is singing along, very visibly and enthusiastically, to the chorus.

I felt that stupid childish nostalgic pride, seeing that. I thought to myself, when was the last time I felt that? I can't recall the previous president ever inducing that feeling.
Here is hoping ole orange hair makes a positive change.
Great post! I felt the same as I watched the President-Elect singing, clapping, and waving.

Ol' Lee still has it, doesn't he!

Old 01-19-2017, 05:17 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,283,578 times
My Gosh, did you see Trump before the concert when he was at the Lincoln Memorial? We wasn't wearing an American fly pin!! Is he a secret commie---or some would say not so secret---given his bromance with Putin?

Old 01-19-2017, 05:19 PM

1,092 posts, read 828,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
I saw on Fox today: tomorrow's inauguration: It is estimated to have a crowd of 800k.

Obama (2013): 1.8 million.
All things (politically correct) considered...apples to oranges. And I am thinking all things security are NOT hoping for record setting bazillions of folks.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:21 PM

40,931 posts, read 48,978,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
My Gosh, did you see Trump before the concert when he was at the Lincoln Memorial? We wasn't wearing an American fly pin!! Is he a secret commie---or some would say not so secret---given his bromance with Putin?
Settle down, it's OK. He was wearing his Red White & Blue Patriotic Boxers. You can pick up a pair on Amazon if you'd like to be like Trump.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:21 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,962,092 times
I was very impressed by the concert - the lineup, the songs, the patriotism, and especially the military bands. I was also impressed that when they cut to Trump it was so evident that he was so very much enjoying it all .. and after the fireworks (and the hymns!) when the family went to stand inside at the memorial, the look on his face was priceless .. he was in awe and showed such respect .. and I am certain it was genuine.

Say what you want about this guy but what happened tonight was an amazing start to what I hope will be a great Presidency and 4 years for America. I truly hope he can do what he showed tonight in particular that he wants to do - bring America together again and to be there for all Americans. I am absolutely certain he will try. Even if you voted for Hillary and are vehemently against anything that Trump and at least 62 million others of us stand for, he will fight to make the country better for you too. The least you can do is lay off him for a while .. my gosh.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:34 PM

46,861 posts, read 25,814,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
There are 10s of millions of people that are driving distance from DC or who can hop on a train and be there in a window of 30 minutes to a few hours, not sure that hotel occupancy is a standalone indicator that proves anything.
You should have tried to book a hotel in 2009. I did. Or rather, didn't. Ended up renting someone's studio apartment, people were making bank.

Old 01-19-2017, 05:46 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,787,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You should have tried to book a hotel in 2009. I did. Or rather, didn't. Ended up renting someone's studio apartment, people were making bank.
D.C. Is a horrible place to drive in... i looked for a hotel on Orbitz for the inauguration for a family of four and there are 7 rooms left at $600 per room... date from Thursday to Sunday...

Old 01-19-2017, 05:46 PM

80 posts, read 46,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I was very impressed by the concert - the lineup, the songs, the patriotism, and especially the military bands. I was also impressed that when they cut to Trump it was so evident that he was so very much enjoying it all .. and after the fireworks (and the hymns!) when the family went to stand inside at the memorial, the look on his face was priceless .. he was in awe and showed such respect .. and I am certain it was genuine.

Say what you want about this guy but what happened tonight was an amazing start to what I hope will be a great Presidency and 4 years for America. I truly hope he can do what he showed tonight in particular that he wants to do - bring America together again and to be there for all Americans. I am absolutely certain he will try. Even if you voted for Hillary and are vehemently against anything that Trump and at least 62 million others of us stand for, he will fight to make the country better for you too. The least you can do is lay off him for a while .. my gosh.

Umm- No.

Republicans did not lay off Obama. They plotted against him from his inaguration right until now -at the very end of his presidency. C-Ders have mocked Obama, called he and his family racist names and spread false information about him and his presidency. Now when it's your choice in the White House, you want to have a kumbaya moment. No, your choice will get the same treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies