Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 AM

18,412 posts, read 15,121,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
That explains a lot.

He's a historical person in our country and was a civil rights leader in those dangerous times. He's a nice man, a smart man, a fair man. He didn't call anyone names or do a trailer trash mouth. He just said that he doesn't see Trump as a legitimate President. A bold statement, for sure. But given that there is evidence of hacking to sway the election, his view is not without merit. I'm sure many feel the same way, but most wouldn't say it. Lewis has enough clout to speak his mind.

I wouldn't advertise your ignorance of our country's history, if I were you. Wikipedia is your friend.
Im going to cut in here and just mention that he has trashed every republican presidential candidate in the past 4 elections. He said Bush was not a legitimate president too. This is a partisan pattern. It is not like Trump came along and Lewis is so repulsed he had to say something. He says something every election. He is not speaking as a civil rights leader. He is speaking as a politician, so he is not immune to criticism and it is wrong for him to throw political stones while hiding behind his civil rights persona.

But as I said before, Trump should have just ignored him like all of his predecessors did, and it would have been gone by the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 08:16 AM

2,677 posts, read 1,688,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yes, a southern Democrat..........
Eugene "Bull" Connor | Encyclopedia of Alabama
Connor served as a delegate to five Democratic National Conventions (1948, 1956, 1960, 1964, and 1968). At the 1948 convention, he helped lead a walkout by Southern delegates in protest of President Harry S. Truman's civil rights policies. This action resulted in a split in the southern wing of the Democratic Party, with the dissenters becoming known as Dixiecrats.

Again, no one is scared of John Lewis......its his own ongoing hate that still taints his own party!
They don't want to hear information like this...then wonder why they can't get black votes.

I honestly think they believe people just make stuff up out of the blue for the hell of it.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:17 AM

2,677 posts, read 1,688,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Im going to cut in here and just mention that he has trashed every republican presidential candidate in the past 4 elections. He said Bush was not a legitimate president too. This is a partisan pattern. It is not like Trump came along and Lewis is so repulsed he had to say something. He says something every election. He is not speaking as a civil rights leader. He is speaking as a politician, so he is not immune to criticism and it is wrong for him to throw political stones while hiding behind his civil rights persona.

But as I said before, Trump should have just ignored him like all of his predecessors did, and it would have been gone by the next day.
Plenty of other congressmen have said and done much, much worse things.

But that's not a priority.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:52 AM

1,478 posts, read 781,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I mean...what gives? John Lewis is one of over 400 members of Congress! He says something foolish...a nothing statement that you should've blown off, and the whole right wing is upended and crying foul like he beat 'em with a stick. LMAO...

He's an old man. A stalwart from another era. Repubs call him an old senile fool from a useless district. Then they go around trying to find anyone to discredit him.

What are you so scared of? What does he represent that makes you so fearful?

Deny it if you want, but you Repubs are SHOOK!

I personally interpreted his comments about Russia putting Trump in office, as his nod and encouragement for the US to send troops and military weapons to Russia's boarders. To increase sanctions and so forth. And an indirect support for the Hillary-Obama led wars in Libya and Syria.

He beefs with the Russians he beefs with their Muslim Chechen brethren too. And those white Chechens are the white peoples version of tribal Apache Indians. And they are as barbaric in battle. So, we can drop him off over their so they can send him back to the USA--not beat up like the Klan sympathizers did--but returned with his ears cut off, toungue chewed out, and fingers sawed off.

I'm tired of hearing from him and his neo-con Republican partner in crime John McCain.

Time for a new breed of Young Turks to enter the arena. And I am growing more impressed with the young Democratic Representative Tulsi Gabbard all the time.

If ever today there was proof in the pudding that a woman can do a job better than a man it is Tulsi Gabbard.

https://www.rt.com/usa/374263-tulsi-gabbard-syria-trip/

Quote:
Establishment outraged as Rep. Tulsi Gabbard goes to Syria on fact-finding mission
Quote:
Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii has stirred up the US foreign policy establishment by going on a private fact-finding mission to Syria. Gabbard has opposed the US policy of regime change in Syria and championed a bill to stop arming terrorists there.
Quote:
A veteran of the Iraq War and major in the Hawaii National Guard, Gabbard “has long been committed to peace and ending counterproductive, interventionist wars,†her spokesperson Emily Latimer said in a statement Wednesday.

Gabbard has been a vocal critic of outgoing President Barack Obama’s policy of demanding the ouster of Syrian President Bashar Assad and blaming his government for the bloody war with Islamist rebels.

Gabbard won't disclose who's paying for secret trip to Syria - POLITICO

Quote:
Congressional leaders were blindsided by Gabbard’s trip to war-ravaged Syria with staffers saying she didn’t give the customary advanced warning to Democratic or Republican leadership offices.
Quote:
This isn’t the first time Gabbard has defied her party or conventional norms. She criticized the Obama administration's actions on Syria, endorsed Bernie Sanders in the Democratic primary and was one of the first Democrats to meet with President-elect Donald Trump.

But this trip shocked congressional aides from both parties.
I see Hindu Americans are supporting Tulsi Gabbard as well as Assad against the ISIS.

And to all the men of the Democratic Party let it be known this woman Tulsi Gabbard has more balls than all of you combined.

I'm looking at a woman that will one day be President of the United States. A Hindu woman of brown skin from the Aloha islands. She's a surfer too.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:08 PM

25,733 posts, read 16,351,599 times
Quote:
You're hurt.

Take a wild guess.

Lol @ never heard of him.

That explains a lot.

Yeah, sure.

If he's senile, why are you sweating his statement so much?

Not shocked. SHOOK!

There's a difference. You guys are shook.

Nope.

Yeah...by a bunch of conservative southerners like Bull Connor.
Why would I care about some activist who has never accomplished anything practical in life except playing the professional victim?

The days of worthless dolts like that are over.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:13 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,025,311 times
Not me. I thought it was a savvy move by the loyal opposition. One of, if not the last remaining living, civil rights icons. Kind of like trying to discuss ways to improve, extend or save social security. Easily made into a boogey man. As good as the left is at politics, one would have thought they could have been a little more original. After all, Congressman Lewis just recited his lines from 2000.
Quote:
I mean...what gives? John Lewis is one of over 400 members of Congress! He says something foolish...a nothing statement that you should've blown off, and the whole right wing is upended and crying foul like he beat 'em with a stick. LMAO...

He's an old man. A stalwart from another era. Repubs call him an old senile fool from a useless district. Then they go around trying to find anyone to discredit him.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:09 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,006,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
If by "so many", you mean none, then yeah..there are alot..i guess? "scared" and "Shook up"? Hardly. Why would anyone be scared of some racist old senile fool with some archaic martyr complex? Give me a break
You're shook too. Look at you.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:11 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,737,883 times
Quote:
I think it's great that these inclusive and tolerant house members sacrificed their tickets so less deserving people could enjoy the show.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:21 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,006,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I think it's great that these inclusive and tolerant house members sacrificed their tickets so less deserving people could enjoy the show.

Whatever.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:46 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,732,136 times
Quote:
Upended???? You made that up LMAO...

Quote:

fearful???? You made that up LMAO...

A do nothing liar who falsely plays the race card.
What does he represent that makes you want to defend him?

Your side lost. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies