Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 12:58 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Looks as if Trump & Hillary did eventually shake hands at the inaugural luncheon.

Hillary Clinton in white pantsuit for Trump inauguration | Daily Mail Online

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
Where was the vision? Where was the unity, of "We, the people"? Where was the attempt at bringing into the fold the majority who did not vote for Trump, a majority of 3 million people? Where was any sign of humility?

All we got was a rehashed stump speech, with over the top statements, like violence in inner cities stopping today. Really?

All we got was a dissing of EVERY former President on the podium, whether Republican or Democrat, plus congress.

All we got was bull baiting the rest of the world that they don't matter any more.

Trump will have a lot to learn. Let's hope his actions don't harm America, and that Congress constrains him. There are good people on both sides of the aisle that DO understand what it means to govern for all Americans.

Trump has given no indication he does.
He is still campaigning. (Waiting for the tweet from him to anybody in the media who says it wasn't 'fantastic, terrific and tremendous'.)

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And the weather wasn't exactly great, either.

I think the whole thing is rather boring this year. Still, I'm sure some of his supporters wanted to be present and they had a decent crowd, either way.
and you are basing the turnout on 2009 what about 2012? As for boring, I didn't find it a bit more boring than others. Have you ever attended one personally or paid much attention to them in the past? My guess is NO.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:00 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
It was a great speech. He campaigned to drain the swamp, and today, he took ALL of them to task for being the turds in the swamp.

Let the draining begin.

1,160 posts, read 713,062 times
yes,we all knew this would an important topic to rear its head... b/c there is nothing else to talk about right? I'm still waiting on the "OMG Barron Trump looked so bored" thread

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
What did you expect? He's Trump so he's gonna act like Trump til the day he dies.

As much as I loathe the idea of him as president, I'm kinda glad the inauguration is over. Now he can start making an ass of himself 24/7. The more people see of him, the less they'll like him.

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Yeah, right...the crowds coming for Obama weren't spit on, threatened, beat up, their products weren't boycotted, their heads bashed with rocks, eggs thrown on them, their jobs threatened. Entrances to the mall weren't closed because of BLM violence and Trump supporters not allowed in.

It's amazing how many brave souls showed up in spite of all the time and money democrats used to prevent a good showing and disrupt the inauguration.

Last edited by mountainrose; 01-20-2017 at 01:17 PM..

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Comparison: Donald Trump and Barack Obama

Get used to it Trump. Nobody likes you.
Well, most of Trump voters work for a living and this happens to be a work day.

Not bus upon bus loads of unemployed food stampers actually being paid to get on the bus funded by Soros.

You shot and missed again.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You aren't going to give him a chance. For whatever reason you made up your mind that Trump will not work for America. What happens if you're wrong and it does work? Remember how so many have been so wrong this election. Nobody gave him a chance in the beginning. Many wrote him off and thought that his campaign was a joke. Some learned that they lost or they were wrong and they moved on; others have not.

I was a Democrat most of my life. I was also a Independent for many years. You have to know how to cut your losses. Show us one credible Independent candidate for 2020. Right now the Democrats have no credible candidate for 2020 - if they are smart they will acknowledge their faults and then move on (but they never will).
I don't have to give him a chance, fisheye. That's the beauty of it. He has the job, whether I want him to have it or not.

If he does good, I will acknowledge it. I am not part of any political party. I never wrote him off as a joke. I always knew he might win this election.

I do not like him and I know that won't change. He's just too offensive to me. This does not mean I would deny him credit if any should ever be due.

I would not be unfair to him, even though I don't like him at all.

I think that the Democrats do indeed have some issues. I'd like to see third parties grow themselves, but they cannot seem to get their acts together, either.

So, I am and will remain an Independent.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:01 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,755 times
This is all the mess Obama created and you people can rant , rave and riot all that you want . We have real hope and change to look forward to . God bless President Trump and VP Pence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies