Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 06:43 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is mind boggling that protesters still are allowed to cover their faces and hide their identity as we all know by now that the people who protest and cover up like this are the scum of the world and only there to destroy property.

I respect people who protest for whatever they stand for as long as it is peaceful and they have the right to do so.

Destroying property like torching cars, breaking windows and looting is using done by protesters who want to hide their identity.

It is time to change the law that protesters can't hide their face!
§ 22–3312.03. Wearing hoods or masks - D.C. Criminal Code

The District of Columbia (Washington D.C.) HAS a "Mask Law".
They just don't enforce it. That's true in many Cities and States.

It's doesn't matter what the Laws say if they are not enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 08:08 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I saw a few Anarchist Flags, so I am not sure if they were protesting abur Trump or protesting about the system either way the few hundred I saw on TV seemed to be enjoying smashing things and setting things on fire.

I even saw them overturn the bins, which will now have to be picked up and turned the right way.

Perhaps we should arm police with soap and water, the greatest enemy of all teenage anarchists, hippies, students and liberal protestors.
I think it was more anarchists than anything else. Think about it, who are on Trump's cabinet, most were CEOs of companies. Not that I am condoning the violence but this shines a light on the reason. The fact is as I said earlier, these rioters should bee charged with as many crimes as possible.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
§ 22–3312.03. Wearing hoods or masks - D.C. Criminal Code

The District of Columbia (Washington D.C.) HAS a "Mask Law".
They just don't enforce it. That's true in many Cities and States.

It's doesn't matter what the Laws say if they are not enforced.
Well it is winter so one can argue that the mask law is reduced in winter. I swore I saw a few peaceful protesters in ski masks too. Perhaps D.C.is sensible...

Old 01-21-2017, 08:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It is mind boggling that protesters still are allowed to cover their faces and hide their identity as we all know by now that the people who protest and cover up like this are the scum of the world and only there to destroy property.

I respect people who protest for whatever they stand for as long as it is peaceful and they have the right to do so.

Destroying property like torching cars, breaking windows and looting is using done by protesters who want to hide their identity.

It is time to change the law that protesters can't hide their face!
In many states it's already illegal. This goes back to the Klan days in order to stop them from wearing their hoods.

What I'm hoping is now that there's a new president what went on in D.C. yesterday will proceed to full prosecutions on the FELONY RIOT charges of those arrested instead of just the usual "catch and release".

Given that D.C. is run by the U.S. government and not some liberal sanctuary loving Governor I'd be very,very nervous were I one of those arrested...

Old 01-21-2017, 08:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I saw a few Anarchist Flags, so I am not sure if they were protesting abur Trump or protesting about the system either way the few hundred I saw on TV seemed to be enjoying smashing things and setting things on fire.

I even saw them overturn the bins, which will now have to be picked up and turned the right way.

Perhaps we should arm police with soap and water, the greatest enemy of all teenage anarchists, hippies, students and liberal protestors.
Perhaps we should put a bullet into a few instead? I mean they want to foment violence, let's see how they do when some violence is visited upon them?

Protest all you want but when you decide to light fires, smash private property and endanger the public then what happens next to you is completely ON YOU.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
In many states it's already illegal. This goes back to the Klan days in order to stop them from wearing their hoods.

What I'm hoping is now that there's a new president what went on in D.C. yesterday will proceed to full prosecutions on the FELONY RIOT charges of those arrested instead of just the usual "catch and release".

Given that D.C. is run by the U.S. government and not some liberal sanctuary loving Governor I'd be very,very nervous were I one of those arrested...
Yes and as I stated, we also saw winter conditions too. I noted that several peaceful protesters in the various zones did wear ski masks as it was cold yesterday morning. Now does that condone the rioters wearing masks, no. Just giving an insight in why the mask role probably wasn't enforced as strong as it should have been. As I said in the thread several times, I have no respect for these thugs and hooligans. They all need to be charged with destruction of property and inciting a riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Perhaps we should put a bullet into a few instead? I mean they want to foment violence, let's see how they do when some violence is visited upon them?

Protest all you want but when you decide to light fires, smash private property and endanger the public then what happens next to you is completely ON YOU.
No, just no. Unless the protesters tried to attack a police officer with one of the umbrellas or bricks used to smash out windows, there is NO reason to shoot them. Shooting them just strengthens the Black Lives Matters crowds and their point that cops are pigs who kill citizens who are not an eminent danger to others. This bodes well too for that Ft. Lauderdale shooter and the Aurora shooter despite muy wish to see that to save tax payers the bill for the court cases and appeals if the death penalty is on the table.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Anti-Trump Protesters Smash Windows, Vandalize Cars On Streets of Washington

Anti-Trump protesters calling themselves "Black Bloc" shattered windows of cafes, stores, and vandalized cars on the streets of Washington DC as the inauguration of Donald Trump is about to kick off.

Part of me wishes someone would jack these people up... not the peaceful protesters, but the destructive ones.
Hundreds of thousands of people currently protesting around the world against Trump. So far it has been peaceful.

We'll see if anyone attacks them like yesterday when a Trump-fan punched a woman in the face.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Anti-Trump Protesters Smash Windows, Vandalize Cars On Streets of Washington

Anti-Trump protesters calling themselves "Black Bloc" shattered windows of cafes, stores, and vandalized cars on the streets of Washington DC as the inauguration of Donald Trump is about to kick off.
Part of me wishes someone would jack these people up... not the peaceful protesters, but the destructive ones.
Gee..... I never saw that one coming.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Hundreds of thousands of people currently protesting around the world against Trump. So far it has been peaceful.

We'll see if anyone attacks them like yesterday when a Trump-fan punched a woman in the face.
And every one of those hundreds of thousands can shove it.
Trump was America's choice.
He now deserves a chance to govern.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:11 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,062 times
I saw videos of protestors throwing water and trash on inaugural ball attendees. . . I saw a video of a protestor attacking a attendee and trying to steal her purse. It was a cell phone video of an acquaintance - they gave it to the media but oddly, it hasn't appeared online yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies