Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 12:55 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,665,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoriginal777 View Post
Oh! Oh! Oh buddy! life is hard for everybody no matter who you are. It's a ****-sandwich for the majority. But throwing in the LGBT struggle on top of everyday life is where it gets really difficult.

There are gay millionaires who don't have to struggle financially. So you replace the financial struggle that so many Americans face with a struggle to be gay. It's a different struggle, but still a struggle that many face. There are gay white men who don't have to deal with the struggle of being a black woman. You can spin this any way you want, but at the end of the day the struggle is still there. It's just different.

Some struggle with health
Some struggle with kids
Some struggle financially
Some struggle racially
Some struggle mentally
Some struggle socially

I mean really, do you want to address EVERY struggle of EVERY American individually or just acknowledge that because you struggle it just goes to show you are no different than any other human being?

Old 01-20-2017, 12:56 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,996,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
It can easily be construed as the first step towards allowing the Christian Right to start regulating against them and relegating them to third class citizens again.

In a perfect world, there would be no need to promote their equality as it would be a given. It's not a perfect world.
read post #8

57,270 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The tax breaks you are referring to are fractions of one penny per gallon. Just for some perspective Exxon's revenue by itself would exceed them in a few days.
Yes they are small compared to Exxon's income but still very significant, why are we subsidizing old habits that have a downside in many respects, why are we expanding. We are the largest consumer per capita of fossil fuels, why do we need more fuel, cheaper fuel when we pay a fraction of what other industrialized countries pay. Seems like we are heading into the past.

1,710 posts, read 1,462,983 times
It only works in Europe because its heavily subsidized.

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I thought we were the largest investor of renewable energy?
Trump is going to shut it all down. He's a Nazi that wants to burn coal cheap dirty coal just to humiliate women and minorities.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:57 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Get out of the 1950's. Gays are way out of the closet and have every right of every American.

Being Gay no longer makes one different. We fought for those rights and Gays need to acknowledge they now are just normal Americans.

That's all they ever wanted.

Well, almost.
I believe that they want their lifestyle to be considered 'normal'...
Last I looked two men alone or two women alone, can't have a baby.
It was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
I don't think they anybody chooses what sex to be attracted to: I've got a friend who's gay as are all his siblings. The guys in his family like guys - the one sister he has likes girls... so to me, that makes it seem as if it's not a choice but is biological.
I've always wondered how does a same sex couple explain to their (obviously) adopted child, their own sexuality. How do gay fathers explain to their son that it's ok if you're attracted to Mary, and not Marty?
I can't imagine that ever being 'normal'... at least not to me.
But what do I know, I'm an 56 year old white heterosexual man...

Old 01-20-2017, 12:58 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
LGBT people need special recognition on a web page by the US government? Aren't we all Americans?

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

That's completely disingenuous. Those states can't explicitly fire you for being gay. Those states don't offer explicit protection to gays. They are right-to-work or employment-at-will states that allow employers the right to decide when they can terminate an employee.

There isn't a single state that protects heterosexuals from termination.

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
"globalist minded democrats ... have conspired to shift industry to China"

It seems anything anyone does that isn't Trumpism is a conspiracy these days. Just go ahead and start building the concentration camps and herd those that are not drinking Trump Koolaid into them.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:03 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,091,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
LGBT people need special recognition on a web page by the US government? Aren't we all Americans?

How about native Americans, women, and blacks? Again, think how long it took for them to get simple voting rights, then simple employment rights, then rights to be treated equally (and they still aren't truly treated equally). There's a reason the government is protecting and promoting minority issues, as they still exist. And many in high levels of government want to take away hard earned rights that should have been "self evident."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies