Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 09:10 PM

649 posts, read 316,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
For those of you that missed it, he said "I, I, I, I, I,...uh.....I....uh....uh....uh....."
This is true except for when he was reading from a teleprompter & then his head swiveled back & forth like Bill Clinton watching the girls jogging by . Without the teleprompter he couldn't string enough words together to make a coherent sentence .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 09:14 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
This is hilarious and is truly one for the books. Who knows what he's even babbling and sputtering about. I laugh my ass off watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXSgB7MEUU

Old 01-20-2017, 09:15 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
For eight years (plus the months of the initial campaign - from roughly the moment my industrialist uncle strode out of a party, saying over his shoulder, "And heaven forbid you should call one 'articulate'!"), I managed to change channels, hit 'Mute', turn off televisions and radios, walk out of rooms, put on headphones, and AVOID listening to Obama. Today, hopefully, was the last time my finger had to hit the remote, where he's concerned.

I detested BabyBush, and instantly recognized Obama as being virtually the same person. Too, my mom (whom I hated) was a cigarette-smoking druggie. So, Obama's reported smoking habit, plus his reported druggie days as a youth in Hawaii, were all I needed to know. Cig Fiends and Druggies are not people for whom I have any use. BabyBush also had my unqualified disapproval, from day one, thanks to his (and Laura's) reported history of substance use.

The moment the '08 election results became a sure thing, I began to position myself to gain from the inevitable financial slump. And I moved operations overseas (who didn't?) The 'downturn' I bet on, turned into full-fledged DEPRESSION, which basically put my strategy on steroids. I did well. I saw a string of years when our net worth was doubling annually - even despite (temporary) devaluations of some holdings. For that, I'm grateful. Thanks, 'O'!

Listening to Barbara Bush's Brat used to make me so angry, I'd injure myself, hitting things. I figured I'd give my fists, and my blood pressure, a break. So, for the first four years of the Obama Presidency, I avoided listening to him. Then, for four MORE years, I avoided. It became reflexive.

Today was the first time, ever,that I've watched any of the beginning of any presidency. This is the first time within my memory, that we've had a President of whom I could be proud - whose advent made me happy. Today, crying with JOY, that America, and the WORLD, has been given another chance - a chance none of us even considered possible - that there actually is a future - that our nation will not be destroyed (and, let's face it, destruction's been the intent of "our leaders", over the last 24 years) - that Western Civilization (and the planet) may possibly continue to live, rather than face what we had assumed to be inevitable rapid extinction, I realized that I'd actually managed to avoid hearing anything more than a few of Obama's words.

Am I the only one?
That would explain why you don't know about Obama or your country's history. You slept through an historical Presidency that will be written about. You know but a fraction of all the great things he did for the nation. But your kids will.

Bush, unfortunately, doesn't have such a legacy. But he was a nice guy. He was a suit front man for the real powers that be: the neocons in the background, headed by Cheney. He wasn't too bright, so he couldn't make all those decisions or read intelligence briefings himself.

Old 01-20-2017, 09:28 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrady11 View Post
They might be choking and gagging but until I take a bite for myself I'll never know if it's just a matter of personal taste that makes them choke and gag. If I make decisions based on what others like, I'll never learn for myself.
.... So ya see, Mom & Dad, THAT'S why I have to smoke pot!

Old 01-20-2017, 09:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
This is hilarious and is truly one for the books. Who knows what he's even babbling and sputtering about. I laugh my ass off watching it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKXSgB7MEUU

If we fall for okedoke? What the H is okedoke? Is that code / dog whistle for something racist against white people?

Wait, is he talking about popcorn?

I did LOL about his concern about divisiveness against race. Obama: Making America hate again.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:05 PM

165 posts, read 116,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
.... So ya see, Mom & Dad, THAT'S why I have to smoke pot!
Not a good analogy. You may not WANT to smoke pot. No one's breaking your arm so you don't HAVE to. It's about personal choice. I would imagine that you'd have your own set of standards to what you want to do or not do. Ex:You're gagging and choking on durian. I've wanted to try it. You're adverse reaction isn't going to dissuade me from trying something I might enjoy. I end up disliking it but I found out for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Kinda silly, that.
If the people around me are choking and gagging, there is no reason for me to take a bite.
So basically you're saying in your previous post, if you see others disliking something you're not going to try it because they must be right.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:12 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
You hate Obama and you've never heard any of his speeches? That's like saying you don't like a food you've never tried
The color of his skin was enough.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
For eight years (plus the months of the initial campaign - from roughly the moment my industrialist uncle strode out of a party, saying over his shoulder, "And heaven forbid you should call one 'articulate'!"), I managed to change channels, hit 'Mute', turn off televisions and radios, walk out of rooms, put on headphones, and AVOID listening to Obama. Today, hopefully, was the last time my finger had to hit the remote, where he's concerned.

I detested BabyBush, and instantly recognized Obama as being virtually the same person. Too, my mom (whom I hated) was a cigarette-smoking druggie. So, Obama's reported smoking habit, plus his reported druggie days as a youth in Hawaii, were all I needed to know. Cig Fiends and Druggies are not people for whom I have any use. BabyBush also had my unqualified disapproval, from day one, thanks to his (and Laura's) reported history of substance use.

The moment the '08 election results became a sure thing, I began to position myself to gain from the inevitable financial slump. And I moved operations overseas (who didn't?) The 'downturn' I bet on, turned into full-fledged DEPRESSION, which basically put my strategy on steroids. I did well. I saw a string of years when our net worth was doubling annually - even despite (temporary) devaluations of some holdings. For that, I'm grateful. Thanks, 'O'!

Listening to Barbara Bush's Brat used to make me so angry, I'd injure myself, hitting things. I figured I'd give my fists, and my blood pressure, a break. So, for the first four years of the Obama Presidency, I avoided listening to him. Then, for four MORE years, I avoided. It became reflexive.

Today was the first time, ever,that I've watched any of the beginning of any presidency. This is the first time within my memory, that we've had a President of whom I could be proud - whose advent made me happy. Today, crying with JOY, that America, and the WORLD, has been given another chance - a chance none of us even considered possible - that there actually is a future - that our nation will not be destroyed (and, let's face it, destruction's been the intent of "our leaders", over the last 24 years) - that Western Civilization (and the planet) may possibly continue to live, rather than face what we had assumed to be inevitable rapid extinction, I realized that I'd actually managed to avoid hearing anything more than a few of Obama's words.

Am I the only one?
Sounds like you have a lot of hates going on there, and hitting walls, yeup big issues there. Oh, best get your business moved back to the US before your new hero sticks it to you.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:20 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrady11 View Post
Not a good analogy. You may not WANT to smoke pot. No one's breaking your arm so you don't HAVE to. It's about personal choice. I would imagine that you'd have your own set of standards to what you want to do or not do. Ex:You're gagging and choking on durian. I've wanted to try it. You're adverse reaction isn't going to dissuade me from trying something I might enjoy. I end up disliking it but I found out for myself.

So basically you're saying in your previous post, if you see others disliking something you're not going to try it because they must be right.
I think you understand perfectly, even if you pretend not to.

I see people smoke; I see what it does to them, so I don't smoke.

I see what Obama does to America, law enforcement, the disadvantaged, the armed forces. So I don't have to listen to him deny it or justify it.
In other words, I see what he does so I don't have to hear what he says. So I tuned him out.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:31 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Don't forget the slap in the face towards business owners with the famous "if you've got a business, you didn't build that" comment. He was a walking insult to hard working Americans on all rungs of the socioeconomic ladder. It's no wonder that the economy barely grew during the fake recovery with such poor leadership and lack of inspiration.
BMM~~ Pray tell.. how is the 401K'a doing today? Where were they when BO took office? How are the profits of Wall Street doing today? Those Cabinet elect one notability Billionaires.. Profited immensely by BO's getting out of the DITCH of 2008!!

Won't even mention the Job losses ..going from the depth of 10%+ to now 4.6%... Course that means and > Right

Ignorance is bliss.. and hatred often leads to hate... Why should anyone wonder why populous distrust of Alt-Right re-writing of history isn't understood????? Alternative interpretation of HISTORY is abundant!1 zero appreciation of it. Zero appreciation that investors became whole after losing half of their investments.. BUT now it's not just back to before ..IT's better... Course those with $$$ Love it..BUT wantMORE!! Defund, Deregulate and wait for it.. It's liable to happen again..IF regulations of predatory money folks get green light once again...!

BO is a Muslim.. BO is NOT American.. BO sent USA off the cliff..FAIL FAIL... All the while forgot what the circumstances were in Fall of 2008!! Talk about short term memory... It seems USA is struck with Dementia.. Cannot remember anything short term..Only the way things were 3-4 decades ago.. Blah blah!1

If I didn't find it so harmful ..I'd say get a grip!! .. But ignorance is NOT BLISS..and LACK of appreciation is ignorant..and HATEFUL terms directed towards anyone who got your Country out a DITCH is just plain obvious!! It's Partisan..and misinformed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies