Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2017, 07:17 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Agreed.

I was never a fan of Barack Obama's politics but have always been irritated when people bashed Michelle Obama's clothing choices (I've even said such on the C-D forum) and was annoyed when his daughter was attacked for smoking a little bit of pot at a concert. Not cool. I think Michelle Obama is a pretty woman who dresses very well and who always dressed appropriately (bare arms and all), and I think the Obama daughters are smart young women who deserve(d) to be kids and yes, even teens who screw up sometimes and do things like smoke pot at concerts.

I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton (at all) but never liked the comments by people who made fun of her appearance or her clothing. She's a 70-year-old woman who I think looks just fine for her age and who I think looks very professional in her pantsuits. What in the world else would you expect a woman of her age to wear?

And yes, I voted for Donald Trump and am happy with his executive orders so far. This goes beyond politics. People need to grow up. Stop attacking the kids, stop attacking the wives, stop attacking peoples' appearances. Grow up. If you have something to say about a politician and his/her policies, whatever, do it. Leave their families and their appearances alone. Seriously.
Actually, people are not attacking the wife here. She has our sympathies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 07:26 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Yeah, yeah.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:41 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Yeah, yeah.
Yeah.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
All I see here are a bunch of whiny beta male liberals who are jealous because they wish they could be with someone as beautiful as Melania.
So, basically... this is more about jealousy than reality.

I have a question:

Why do progressive liberals gravitate toward a couple of the deadly sins?

sloth - everyone deserves a living income no matter what
envy - wealthy people are evil, spread the wealth, what yours is mine and what's mine is mine...etc.
pride - they tout, at every opportunity, how much smarter, wiser, better they are
wrath - does this one even need an example? see threads in the topic for examples

Has anyone else noticed this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
The left are even attacking Barron, a 10 year old kid. Now they're attacking her accent.

Just keep telling yourself that to ease the painful reality of truth.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
You must not have encountered a couple that considers public displays of affection in poor taste.
Whoa!! Update!!! The Trumps were holding hands as they entered the Inaugural Ball!!! OMFG!!! They're dancing very closely now! And smiling at one another!!!!!

You need a hobby, notbro.
Nothing more romantic than dancing with your man to the song of, "I Did it My Way!"

Old 01-24-2017, 08:05 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I always criticized Obama's lies, broken promises, policies, etc...

Never his family.

I will criticize Trump's lies, broken promises, policies, etc...

Never his family.
Obama's young daughters were never involved in business, politics, etc.

Trump's older children and his son-in-law are DEEPLY involved in his business and politics.
They are fair game for criticism if they do something contrary to the benefit of this nation.

The only child of Trump that is off-limits is Barron.

(Melania is also not off-limits, but at the moment, the primary feeling most women have of her is deep sympathy.)

Old 01-24-2017, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So, basically... this is more about jealousy than reality.

I have a question:

Why do progressive liberals gravitate toward a couple of the deadly sins?

sloth - everyone deserves a living income no matter what
envy - wealthy people are evil, spread the wealth, what yours is mine and what's mine is mine...etc.
pride - they tout, at every opportunity, how much smarter, wiser, better they are
wrath - does this one even need an example? see threads in the topic for examples

Has anyone else noticed this?

The left are even attacking Barron, a 10 year old kid. Now they're attacking her accent.

Just keep telling yourself that to ease the painful reality of truth.
I love the reference to the deadly sins.

And it's suddenly okay to attack women and children...but it's the right thing to do when you're a liberal who is fighting for liberal policies.

Okay.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
You must not have encountered a couple that considers public displays of affection in poor taste.
Whoa!! Update!!! The Trumps were holding hands as they entered the Inaugural Ball!!! OMFG!!! They're dancing very closely now! And smiling at one another!!!!!

You need a hobby, notbro.
But public displays of resentment, condescension, irritation and disrespect are in good taste...are they now? Because in truth, have never seen this type of stuff caught on video between a POTUS and his FLOTUS until now.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Obama's young daughters were never involved in business, politics, etc.
They are fair game for criticism if they do something contrary to the benefit of this nation.

The only child of Trump that is off-limits is Barron.
Yes, people really do need to leave Barron alone. He is ten years old. TEN. There are a lot of big, tough guys and gals out there who are picking on a child. Not a teenager who is almost a child, either...a ten-year-old. Get a grip, people.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But public displays of resentment, condescension, irritation and disrespect are in good taste...are they now? Because in truth, have never seen this type of stuff caught on video between a POTUS and his FLOTUS until now.
Maybe you're reading too deeply into it. Are you a marriage counselor? Have you ever met Mr. or Mrs. Trump? Have you ever talked to either one of them about their relationship?

I'm happily married, but both my husband and I have dropped one another's hands abruptly for one reason or another...and after being with one another for seven years, we've probably both experienced things like resentment and irritation toward one another.

LET. IT. GO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies