Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 04:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Oh, enough already. There have been women astronauts, authors, athletes, CEOs, etc. Yet you're saying that your daughter wouldn't know "there is a future" for her -- no future at all! -- until the U.S. has a woman president? You really think your daughter -- anyone's daughter -- would be that dense?

Even you don't believe that. If you did, you'd have voted for Sarah Palin when she ran for Veep. Yet somehow, I'm certain that you didn't vote for Palin.
I was responding to someone that was talking about a sign a daughter was carrying at the Seattle protests and how in our country's history, there has never been a female president. Not sure what the issue is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 04:22 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,700,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post
Oh, enough already. There have been women astronauts, authors, athletes, CEOs, etc. Yet you're saying that your daughter wouldn't know "there is a future" for her -- no future at all! -- until the U.S. has a woman president? You really think your daughter -- anyone's daughter -- would be that dense?

Even you don't believe that. If you did, you'd have voted for Sarah Palin when she ran for Veep. Yet somehow, I'm certain that you didn't vote for Palin.
That would have been voting for Palin solely BECAUSE she is a woman. Not for the whole package of qualifications.

Old 01-22-2017, 06:33 PM

412 posts, read 385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzmark View Post
What a joke. And the local news outlets in Seattle are only covering the violent protests. Just goes to show the biased media coverage in western WA. Just a flat out joke. Trump is our president. No protests, demonstrations, rioting, signatures, etc etc etc etc is going to change that.

If you don't like it, I suggest you get into politics and work to make your voice heard.

Um, since votes get suppressed, the MAJORITY is doing exactly that.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:45 PM

516 posts, read 429,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
Protests are a part of democracy at work. Free speech and all that.

Trump will never be my president. He's vile, a con. Those who voted for him are to blame for what we now face.
If you're an American citizen paying taxes with a Social Security number, he is your president. Like it or not. You can not think him away.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:27 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzmark View Post
If you're an American citizen paying taxes with a Social Security number, he is your president. Like it or not. You can not think him away.
certified electoral college & oath, but a cloud of illegitimacy and potentially actual illegitimacy due to foreign influence treason, profiteering, violation of cotus; and then his vindictive, hateful, dividing ways and mental pathology

Old 01-22-2017, 11:24 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perigee View Post
Of course we all know we live in a representative democracy The fact that you and maybe someone else apparently don't understand that, means that you need to take a remedial civics class.
Once again, as MondoTime has tried to explain to you, we DO NOT live in a representative democracy!

"Most people often mistakenly refer to our nation as the greatest democracy on earth. They are mistaken because we are not an absolute democracy; we are a constitutional republic".

Madison Project » We the People: A Constitutional Republic, Not a Democracy

You and everyone else that "knows" we live in a representative democracy need a remedial civics course. Or maybe, I don't know pick up a book? Take a look on the internet?

Old 01-23-2017, 06:44 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
Protests are a part of democracy at work. Free speech and all that.
Leftist protestors often engage in vandalism and violence. Crime and all that.

Unlike conservative or libertarian protestors, leftists can't seem to separate the free speech part, from the violence part. Sad.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:58 AM
fnh

2,888 posts, read 3,912,451 times
The marches on Saturday were the largest protest ever for many individual cities and collectively around the globe, and yet not a single arrest reported in Seattle (>100K), or DC (>500K), or LA (>750K), or Houston (>20K), or...

Old 01-23-2017, 07:27 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times
The anti-Trumps in Seattle tried to kill a young guy named Milo Yannopoulos who is gay and pro-Trump. That says a lot about that raging, intolerant, violent crowd.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:00 AM

50 posts, read 45,632 times
Default March ON!

I spent many years of my life to fight for our rights to march, and rally for what one may believe in. I love that we can stand up for what we strongly believe in. But we must realize everyone has that right and simply because someone has a different belief they are still a fellow human simply running the same race everyday you are. So I say march ON!! But don't break stuff never understood why someone would wreck the city in which they live. I know this hasn't been going on here, but in other areas it has. I find it exciting what is happening. I mean I remember reading in history book about rallies, and marches. Well now I am able to witness happenings that will go on to live in future history books. And what I great time to educate our kids on the political system, and how it does or doesn't work. Also to show them you can safely and SMARTLY stand up and speak your voice...but don't break stuff...

bottom line stand up, but don't break stuff...

WHAT A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE!!! #americanotboring
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies