Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 01:11 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
They can't give them an hourly wage job. They have to have contract jobs payment when job done to satisfaction. Example, mow and clean a park or clear driveways and sidewalks of retired veterans.
Have farmers that are getting subsidies mow or clean parks? They are busy doing their farming work. They already have jobs. Yeah - they get welfare too and they work. Farm subsidies are given to people regardless how much money they make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 01:12 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
This says it all....

One of the Kia "hamsters" was on disability.

'Kia Hamster' Dancer Leroy Barnes Charged With Disability Fraud In Los Angeles | The Huffington Post

Old 01-21-2017, 01:13 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think the reason why people are mad at welfare recipients is because taxpayers have little visibility of how their money is spent. With welfare, they see nothing and concoct a visualization of some bum living in free housing with a big screen television on the wall and a case of beer in the fridge while they brag to their neighbors about how they haven't worked a day in their lives.

I know two people were on welfare. Both of them are veterans.

They both are very hard working people, shall I say? honorable people. Both came from the South and they only had high school education. One lost his job and the other one had a criminal record.

Well, I hired both of them and put them in my mom's warehouse. (well, I let go two warehouse clerks, but can you blame me? Of course I am going to hire my friends first, you will too) I would say this is the best decision I made my entire life. One of them is recently promoted and he is now a warehouse supervisor. He is making $18/hour. The other one is making $15/hour. Both of them are no longer on welfare. Sometimes, people just need a second chance.

Not all of them are lazy, some of them are just unfortunate. I know both of my friends are willing to work.

So I agree with President Trump, putting these people back to work.
The only people I've known actually on welfare were all young mothers who had a kid and took public assistance temporarily once they realized their child's father was not going to support his child and used it while they got on their feet and got jobs.

I have also served at a soup kitchen, the patrons at which I assume some received public assistance. However, when you talk to some of those people or look at them, you know these are not people who are EVER going to be able to hold a job or take care of themselves. There is a segment of society that is always going to need the support of the rest of us.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:13 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
busted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U33MbFbYURM

Old 01-21-2017, 01:24 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The only people I've known actually on welfare were all young mothers who had a kid and took public assistance temporarily once they realized their child's father was not going to support his child and used it while they got on their feet and got jobs.

I have also served at a soup kitchen, the patrons at which I assume some received public assistance. However, when you talk to some of those people or look at them, you know these are not people who are EVER going to be able to hold a job or take care of themselves. There is a segment of society that is always going to need the support of the rest of us.
I think We have a welfare system to give people a hand when they need it, and most of them use it for exactly that. Then they get on with their lives. So put them back to work sounds like a very reasonable solution.

This said, I think there are people who take advantage of the system. There are always those who take advantage of loopholes, to pay fewer taxes, for instance, or to get away with things that most people can’t.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:26 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Have farmers that are getting subsidies mow or clean parks? They are busy doing their farming work. They already have jobs. Yeah - they get welfare too and they work. Farm subsidies are given to people regardless how much money they make.
Now that is pretty funny. Farm subsidies are a form of welfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think We have a welfare system to give people a hand when they need it, and most of them use it for exactly that. Then they get on with their lives. So put them back to work sounds like a very reasonable solution.

This said, I think there are people who take advantage of the system. There are always those who take advantage of loopholes, to pay fewer taxes, for instance, or to get away with things that most people can’t.
So very true, even Trump put a billion dollars worth of taxes on our backs and now we pay a million dollars a day so his third wife and child can hang out in Trump Tower.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:28 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
President Trump's plan to put welfare folks back to work

The best idea that I have heard yet. If they are able to work... make them work. get them off of their lazy a$$es and put them to work. Most of them lay around and let the government (us) support them.
Great, now what's the plan?

Something more detailed than one line from a speech or a bumper sticker slogan would be nice.

The truth is he doesn't have a plan. He doesn't even understand the problem. He's just throwing red meat to his ignorant base.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:30 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Problem is nothing ever happens to them right ? I imagine if there was a crackdown the left would call it discrimination against "the disabled" or some nonsense .
Obama initiated a task foce that cracks down on Social Security Disability Fraud. It caught fraudulent attorneys & doctors that rubber stamped disability approvals for people. The Task Force forced all people on SSDI associated with those doctors/attorneys to be reevaluated by other doctors or they lose their SSDI checks. The fraud attoreys and doctors were prosecuted.

So far the task for is in half the states. Hopefully Trump and the GOP won't gut this program when they are reversing thing Obama did. It has good success but the task force needs to grow so it covers all states and catch more fraudulent disability recipients.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Is part of that plan getting Asia, Europe, and the Middle East off the American dole?

Old 01-21-2017, 01:35 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,585,656 times
The police force is the biggest welfare program in America right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies