Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:27 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times

Advertisements

I see that Melania is already a punching bag. The new insult seems to be "Slovenian hooker".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 10:30 PM

672 posts, read 502,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I have loved and admired all the first ladies even though I may not have agreed with their husband's politics. I have never understood why some are so nasty with their comments about our first ladies though.
I think some had problem with Hillary at the time because some thought she was trying to be co-ruler or something. People gone after Hillary for Day One probably when she made that 'Stay In the kitchen' Moment' No denying she was influential

Old 01-20-2017, 10:30 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

Nancy Reagan WAS given a hard time, I remember. She spent a lot of money, so I guess that was a fair critcism, since it wasn't her money. Otherwise, I liked her and thought she was unfairly criticized at other times.
Unfairly criticized about the money often too, there was big stink over the $200K they spent on china. It was paid for privately though.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
I can only recall one things it had to do with an accident that some hinted at being drunk driving.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:34 PM

672 posts, read 502,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Seems to me the Dems generally lay off the wives, and give them due respect. The kids, too. The Republicans go after the whole family. I recall Rush Limbaugh calling Chelsea Clinton, a young teen at the time, a pig. Remind you of anyone? Someone who calls less powerful people derogatory names? There are a lot of examples regarding Michelle Obama. Too many to list. The most disgusting names, since she is black.

Barbara Bush was given her due respect, as I recall, and was generally well liked.

Betty Ford was treated with respect. People also felt sorry for her (alcoholic).

Nancy Reagan WAS given a hard time, I remember. She spent a lot of money, so I guess that was a fair critcism, since it wasn't her money. Otherwise, I liked her and thought she was unfairly criticized at other times.

I don't know if Rosalyn Carter was vilified, but that was before the current crop of Republicans, who became - well, we all know what they became. Not all, but many.
Nancy did bring a lot of Hollywood Grandeur and Luxury to the White House and I tihnk that did not go over well with some. It was probably uncalled for I eman did they not expect her to spend her own money?

Yes Barbara was more well like then dislike maybe it comments I read about her now

Old 01-20-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I see that Melania is already a punching bag. The new insult seems to be "Slovenian hooker".
Well being that she is the first lady that has nude pictures of her on the web and that she is obviously a gold digger I can see how some people might think she might have more to her past than has been already revealed. Personally I have no issue with her, it is her husband that is the south end of a north bound mule.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I can only recall one things it had to do with an accident that some hinted at being drunk driving.
The police report of the car accident Laura Bush was in when she was 17 years old, which took the life of her friend, was made public years and years ago. It said nothing about being under the influence. It did say she blew a stop sign.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:41 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,078,593 times
She stayed out of the spotlight and didn't pretend to be someone she wasn't. She came from humble beginnings as a librarian instead of a lawyer (no one likes them) and didn't insert herself in politics for the most part or say stupid things like "for the first time in my life I'm proud to be American..."

If you say and do stupid things, expect backlash.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
The police report of the car accident Laura Bush was in when she was 17 years old, which took the life of her friend, was made public years and years ago. It said nothing about being under the influence. It did say she blew a stop sign.
I said some hinted at that, not that it was true, just like many things were hinted about other first ladies that was not true.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
She stayed out of the spotlight and didn't pretend to be someone she wasn't. She came from humble beginnings as a librarian instead of a lawyer (no one likes them) and didn't insert herself in politics for the most part or say stupid things like "for the first time in my life I'm proud to be American..."

If you say and do stupid things, expect backlash.
So the new first lady is open for backlash?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies