Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 06:27 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Wrong. China killed more of its own people than the US has killed anyone else's.
We've also quite literally saved the world twice. Everytime we try and leave the world alone, Europe gets inevitably overran by dictators they can't keep in check and we get pulled into their mess.

Here's an idea, if Germany doesn't want refugees, then Germany can send its military to end the war in Syria.
If Europe doesn't want to be overran by the Russians, instead of building bullet trains they can build their own military. It's easy to save money on defense costs when you can just rely on the US's massive military and have us shoulder responsibility for defending Europe.

We're done forcing "garbage" on the world. If they get taken over by a 3rd world brutal dictator, we'll just negotiate a trade deal with the dictator.
Heheh "saved the world twice"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2017, 06:54 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
We should have let Berlin fill the void a long time ago. Let the Germans rearm with nukes.

The war has been over for a long time.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:09 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Wrong. China killed more of its own people than the US has killed anyone else's.
We've also quite literally saved the world twice. Everytime we try and leave the world alone, Europe gets inevitably overran by dictators they can't keep in check and we get pulled into their mess.

Here's an idea, if Germany doesn't want refugees, then Germany can send its military to end the war in Syria.
If Europe doesn't want to be overran by the Russians, instead of building bullet trains they can build their own military. It's easy to save money on defense costs when you can just rely on the US's massive military and have us shoulder responsibility for defending Europe.

We're done forcing "garbage" on the world. If they get taken over by a 3rd world brutal dictator, we'll just negotiate a trade deal with the dictator.
Does that mean the US will take back all the garbage that Europeans and
the rest of the world has had forced on them?
McDonald's, Wendy's , Starbucks , 7eleven etc. , bad tv shows, the list is endless.

Lots of Americans got very rich by pushing crappy American ideals on the world , how
will they survive once they can't sell to the world?

Looks like many of you have never actually been out in the wide world and
seen all the american junk everywhere.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I listened to his entire speech yesterday, not because I like him, but because it is important to see where he stands and what he plans on doing. Two things jumped out at me very vividly:

1) His acceptance speech was just an expanded version of his rally speeches. The only difference was that he inserted the word "we" instead of his usual "I". I guess that was his attempt at making people feel that they will be part of the process and recipients of any benefits. Maybe he was shooting for unity in some manner too.

2) I felt I was listening to Adolph Hitler all over again........2017 version. Such a negative, hate inspiring speech as I have ever heard. His "America first" position sounds patriotic and fine, but the more deeper meaning is "The hell with the rest of the world, we don't need any of you". The fact he will soon learn is WE DO NEED THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Trump is dangerous on so many levels, and the reasons came flowing out of his mouth like water yesterday.America is going to be despised by every ally and country around the world. He is going to paint us into a corner and make it so hard to recover for years and years.

3-2-1 before his followers counter every word I have posted, but I feel time will prove January 20, 2017 to be a very dark day in our American history. If you think the Spiro Agnew/Richard Nixon scandals were bad, they will be childs play, compared to what we are going to see in this Presidency. Problem is, all of us are going to pay the price for the mistaken views of a few.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:24 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So what are you doing here ?

told you- many of our posters not USA --

Old 01-21-2017, 01:23 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Gimme, gimme, gimme is all you want.

Heaven forbid you actually EARN IT.
You earn it through paying taxes like other public services. I am sure you support Medicare and public schools right? Or do you think you dont deserve that either and you want some type of social darwinist society?

A government that doesnt care about its people and purely serve the big money donor class will create perfect conditions for authoritarian megalomaniacs like Trump.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:29 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Oh Lord.

This thread is wild.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Why though? All world leaders owe their allegiance FIRST to the people who elected them and the country they live in. It's not as if this is some radical new idea created by Trump. I can't imagine anyone being elected to head up a country who runs on a platform of "it's not about us, it's about everyone else".

Wait a minute..

Old 01-21-2017, 01:37 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I listened to his entire speech yesterday, not because I like him, but because it is important to see where he stands and what he plans on doing. Two things jumped out at me very vividly:

1) His acceptance speech was just an expanded version of his rally speeches. The only difference was that he inserted the word "we" instead of his usual "I". I guess that was his attempt at making people feel that they will be part of the process and recipients of any benefits. Maybe he was shooting for unity in some manner too.

2) I felt I was listening to Adolph Hitler all over again........2017 version. Such a negative, hate inspiring speech as I have ever heard. His "America first" position sounds patriotic and fine, but the more deeper meaning is "The hell with the rest of the world, we don't need any of you". The fact he will soon learn is WE DO NEED THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Trump is dangerous on so many levels, and the reasons came flowing out of his mouth like water yesterday.America is going to be despised by every ally and country around the world. He is going to paint us into a corner and make it so hard to recover for years and years.

3-2-1 before his followers counter every word I have posted, but I feel time will prove January 20, 2017 to be a very dark day in our American history. If you think the Spiro Agnew/Richard Nixon scandals were bad, they will be childs play, compared to what we are going to see in this Presidency. Problem is, all of us are going to pay the price for the mistaken views of a few.
There's no need to counter anything you said. You're thoroughly confused, and that's fine, that's your right.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:47 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Another article from today

Good let's keep them on their toes with uncertainly .
Just don't F with us and everything will be fine
---

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/2...ww.google.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies