Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 09:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
The democrats back the people that are oppressive to women, and throw gays off roofs. You are very misinformed about who is misogynist. Your very own democrat party are the guilty culprits.
US and and Saudia Arabia have been allies for 70 years. It has not mattered who sat the oval or held the majority.

Saudi Arabia has been the glue that has held the Petrodollar together. This is a toll paid to the US on any country buying oil from most OPEC countries. This has created artificial demand for USD and made a difference in the lifestyle of the US people.

At some future date, when oil is traded in other or more likely a basket of currencies, the US will feel a big pinch.

The US sells military equipment to Saudia Arabia and they in turn invest in the US.

The sentiment against Iran has been motivated in part by the friction between Saudi and Iran and different brands of Islam and Iran's choice to quote and trade oil in currencies other than USD.

The Saudi Royal Kingdom bailed Trump out on the Plaza Hotel and is a major investor in Trump Tower and other Trump properties. Trump Org has been in Saudi Arabia pitching partnerships to build golf courses and resorts on various Saudi islands. Perhaps these commercial deals have been put on the back burner while Trump is in office.

Bush 2 once said something along the lines of how it was sometimes necessary to hold your nose when dealing with some allies. Think he was onto something, there.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:26 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Good for your grandmother! My point is that it's men who do the MAJORITY of the heavy lifting in this country and without us the savage horde from outside and within would not at all be permitting these protests to occur.
We would be just like these savage countries that force their women to cover themselves in bee keepers outfits.
Why do you think that is? Women have been discouraged from fighting throughout our history and even still are. Men are the ones who have not allowed women positions in these jobs and services. They are the ones who don't think women are capable. And maybe many aren't, but there are some who are and who would love to do it and would be great at it. There are ones who want the chance and would love to prove themselves.

You're arguing against yourself and you don't even know it. Men have fought because they are the ones who have decided that only men can fight.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:26 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Unlike you, we Trump supporters don't get too hung up on casual comments. We all say stupid stuff at some point but that does not make us all evil or bad people.

But you and I were not running for President of the United States where the behavior expectation is much higher. A construction worker making comments is one thing, when the CEO of Holiday Inn is recorded saying the same thing that is a totally different situation. Radio personalities have been fired for saying things guys say in bars every day. And a man who is representing every one of us should have the highest standard of them all. When he says these things he is speaking for me as my leader and I'll be damned if I want my leader representing me this way.

All this is not that hard to understand.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:27 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Good for your grandmother! My point is that it's men who do the MAJORITY of the heavy lifting in this country and without us the savage horde from outside and within would not at all be permitting these protests to occur.
We would be just like these savage countries that force their women to cover themselves in bee keepers outfits.
Heavy lifting does not take a lot of brains. Seeing injustice and a new President for what he is does take intelligence. A lot of people forget that while American men were off to war, it was the women of America who kept things moving right here at home. They built planes and tanks, they kept their families strong, and they did it every bit as well as we men did.

Every day I see women who are our equals in every respect, but we have kept them from reaching a lot of their potential through neanderthal mentality. They not only outlive us, they also outsmart us in so many ways.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:27 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Many of them work and have good jobs and are productive and accomplishing goals. They aren't marching because they are losers.

No, they're marching because they're ' liberals' and so they are ' followers' . Strong, independent women don't need a group to support them, they think for themselves.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:30 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
We'll see how broken it is, won't we?
That's right and so far he isn't anything like the haters are portraying him to be. He has spoken of unity and being for all Americans. Nothing in any of his speeches has he said anything that excluded anybody.

Quote:
Trump is beginning his term just somewhat more popular than W was at the end of his term.
That actually shows exactly why popular rating at the beginning is unimportant. W was more popular in the beginning but his actions caused his to go down when he left. Trump starts off with a low rating because many people are brainwashed by the liberal media into thinking he is bad but his actions will eventually change people's minds (bringing back jobs, securing border, helping inner cities, repairing infrastructure).

Old 01-21-2017, 09:30 AM

3,951 posts, read 5,074,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
As of 9:40 a.m.

A city official in Washington says the turnout estimate for the Women’s March on the National Mall now stands at 500,000 people. That’s more than double the initial predictions.

Not nearly as many women would show up if the National Mall had a clearance sale on shoes.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
So far looks like a much bigger turn out than there was for Trumps concert, which he claims was the "biggest ever".

Old 01-21-2017, 09:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Women's march: Protesters rally worldwide in solidarity with Washington event - CNNPolitics.com

This is such a wonderful sight. Hundreds of thousands of women are marching against the misogynist President who just won an election and was inaugurated, even though his female opponent had 3 million more votes than he did.

And when you tally up the women all over the world the numbers are in the millions. Strong, passionate, educated women standing shoulder to shoulder in opposition to him all over the world. From Washington D.C. to Chicago to L.A., to Africa, Australia and across Europe, women are standing together and speaking out.

This makes me proud to not only be an American, but to be a human being. Thank you ladies, I hear you all.

Hundreds of thousands of stupid women in the same place. That must be a sight to see.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:34 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52wGb7qt8Xg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies