Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 06:17 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Millions more Americans voted against Trump than voted for him.

So, he IS NOT "the voter's choice."

F Y I

Carry on.

Same with Hillary...........Millions more Americans voted against Hillary than voted for her.

People who voted for Hillary--------------------------------------------65,844,954

People who voted for someone other than Hillary---------------------70,784,092

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=19

^^^^^ I cant get this to link, but the creator notes that the totals were pulled from the Cook Political Report. The link that pointed me to this link referred to the above as the 'final certified voter returns'

Neither Hillary nor Trump captured a majority of the votes cast.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:20 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The big problem or maybe not......these people for the most part are being offered free stuff and being paid.

Take that away and see how many show up! One thing to do something because you believe in it.....being paid to protest is that really protesting?

Are you really that naive and blind. No was paid. All you had to do was to be a part of this on social media to know the passion people had. And they paid their way to come from all over the country. I had friends that came from California, Texas and Florida. Do you think someone else paid them to be here The marches all over the country exceeded expectations. DC was estimated at 200,000 but they got over 500,000. Chicago exceeded expectations, as did every other city. It's estimated 1 million marched in this country. This movement went global in solidarity with people posting pictures of the crowds there in every country. None of us have ever seen anything like this. It was pretty amazing to watch. And it was peaceful. Sorry, but trying to demean people who participated isn't going to work. This is about rights we have that could be taken away under a Trump administration. This is about respect that Trump hasn't shown. This is about so much more. And peaceful protests all over our country is pretty awesome.

But if you want to live in a bubble thinking a million were paid that's your choice. But it's a denial just like Trump does because he and some of you can't handle the truth and therefore have to make up excuses. And this will be included in the history of the Trump presidency......the biggest peaceful march in history for an inauguration, not just in the states but global. Not a great way to start.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:20 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Women's march: Protesters rally worldwide in solidarity with Washington event - CNNPolitics.com

This is such a wonderful sight. Hundreds of thousands of women are marching against the misogynist President who just won an election and was inaugurated, even though his female opponent had 3 million more votes than he did.

And when you tally up the women all over the world the numbers are in the millions. Strong, passionate, educated women standing shoulder to shoulder in opposition to him all over the world. From Washington D.C. to Chicago to L.A., to Africa, Australia and across Europe, women are standing together and speaking out.

This makes me proud to not only be an American, but to be a human being. Thank you ladies, I hear you all.

How is Trump misogynistic, because he called Rosie O'Donnell a pig, and was goofing around, talking smack on a hidden video ten years ago??

The point being was made was, if people are going to protest a president, have a freaking reason to do so, other than throwing an immature hissy fit cuz "Hilary lost."

Old 01-21-2017, 06:21 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How long did you make him carry your purse?
Please quit trolling

Old 01-21-2017, 06:22 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So wearing a symbol for female genitalia on a mans head is what a real man is supposed to do in the lib world today ?
Better than a made in China butt ugly MAGA baseball cap any day

Old 01-21-2017, 06:22 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And Trump married his 3 wives and folked his 100's of one nighters because he liked their intelligence and souls???
Are you advocating celibacy? Your post has nothing to do with this topic. I'm curious since you seem so judgmental of Trump's potential number of sexual partners and divorces.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:29 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
"Women's March", but in reality it was a "we are mad because the candidate we wanted lost" march.

Exactly what are they protesting about? Trump has not done one single thing yet, he has been in office for one day. Protests are usually more effective when there is something specific they are actually protesting about, like a law.

It seems every group, from women groups, to Amnesty International, to Legalize It, to Free the Nipple, were out in force. Large crowds, but not difficult to get large crowds when the protests are being organized on a Saturday in cities that went for Hillary.

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Who will have NO honeymoon period in the White House. He is on notice. He is exposed. He is outnumbered.
So what?

A number of people (us) are Anyone But Hillary people (I didn't jump on a bandwagon, I've felt largely the way I do about Hillary since the 90s).

Mission accomplished.

If Pence ends up becoming POTUS before 2021, so be it.

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
As we all know the pink pussyhat is the new anti Trump symbol to fight Trump on women's rights.

I saw a Facebook picture of one of my friends with his wife at a protest and he was wearing one of these pink hats .
To the women out there would you make your men wear a pink pussyhat?

To the men would you wear a pink ***** hat ?
I would not. I thought it was a stupid symbol to begin with, reinforces the color pink and the word itself with women, and would not want to be accused of gender appropriation.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:30 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If talking to other men about women in a sexually aggressive manner is misogynistic, then I'm guilty as charged just like 80% of all other straight men out there.

I'm just glad I eventually learned to be sexually aggressive; otherwise, I'd still be practically a virgin. As I posted before, it wasn't until I was in college when I learned most women want the sexually aggressive guy who is kind of a jerk.

If you are a man who wants to capture the sexual interest of a woman, play hard to want.
Wow. No wonder trump won. This is disturbing.
Many (most? i dunno) women do like strong, confident, virile men. And there are women who like softer more pliant men.
A man who is strong, confident and "manly" but who also has an open and loving heart and who has true affection and admiration for women is the "catch of the day" to many women.
I'm not sure what you mean by "sexually aggressive" but there isn't a woman on the planet who actually wants to be violated. Many women are conditioned (often because of sexual abuse as children and/or teen-agers) to tolerate mysoginistic behavior but that doesn't mean a woman wants that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies