Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 11:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,419,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I marched in DC today. It was amazing. Very positive, lots of great signs. Mostly women, but plenty of men too. There were so may more than what was permitted for(permit was for 200K; I've seen estimates of anywhere from 500K - 1M actual) that we couldn't do the planned route, but we were seen and heard and made it work. Tons of cheering and positive energy - thank you DC!!
Good to hear, hope you had a great day!

Old 01-21-2017, 11:36 PM

9,683 posts, read 14,157,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Don't worry about it, since you have no clue. Why does anyone here have to explain it to you.
Oh, just as I thought. You don't know, either.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:37 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,310,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's just BS, there is no 'man hating' going on. If any normal Republican had been elected, George Bush, John Kasich, Marco Rubio there would not have been any demonstrations today. Trump is a thin skinned narcissist, he has less self control than my four year old grandson and I will proudly demonstrate against him until just maybe he pays attention and puts his big boy pants on. Trump supporters who care about this Nation should be sending him the same message as the rest of us are: Grow the F up and start acting like a President.
"That's just BS, there is no 'man hating' going on. If any normal Republican had been elected, George Bush, John Kasich, Marco Rubio there would not have been any demonstrations today"

Thats exactly why I hate the left and the democratic party, there would be no demonstrations going on?

W. Bush, Clinton and Obama eras, pretty much since reagan, have seen massive illegal immigration and the total change of American identity , NAFTA ,the largest terrorist attack on american soil and tons of attacks on our soil both carried out and prevented , a financial tsunami with mortgages, huge recession, wars in the middle east and the rise of isis, tons of racial problems ,declining wages and tons of lost good paying jobs to globalism, etc

Obama and mainstream republicans have seen close to 7-10 million manufacturing jobs lost , the rust belt grow more dismal, trade with Mexico and China killing America's middle class, tons of illegal immigration, etc.

And its ok electing a bush or kasich?

Irregardless of what anyone thinks of Trump, he is 70 years old, nationalism and borders and protectionism and class issues , identity, security and the misgivings about multiculturalism and multi religionism, economic and class issues and race problems are not going to go away as issues

Old 01-21-2017, 11:37 PM

88,057 posts, read 83,912,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm an Independent, living in Texas, who didn't vote for Trump....no 'threw away your vote song' coming from me.

IMO, the lopsidedness of the type of post I quoted outnumbering similar ones on the other side of that particular issue is like an avalanche, but of course to each his or her own on that .
Oh no, I didn't mean that directed at you specifically. I was just warding off the potentials, hehehe.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:46 PM

88,057 posts, read 83,912,900 times
Amazing! How cool

But...just a tantrum, ya know.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:50 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,874,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Probably no one right about now.

Seriously though, is someone being boss still a thing? Most people I know have marriage of equal partnership. My age is 48 if that matters.
If this was really a protest for women's rights, because we had lost all of our rights, would be one thing. Men need to be smart enough and tough enough to tell their female friends, spouses and family members their rights have not been taken away. I tend to look to my husband for protection and strong arms, not wearing a pussyhat to secure my fears.

Planned Parenthood needs to be held accountable and if any wrong doing is going on, it needs to be stopped........how would anyone here like to find out their aborted child was sold for parts, like some auto parts store. I support planned parenthood for birth control and other needs, but if they're misinforming the public, they need to be called out.

These women are not even questioning any of this, but hold up signs for their own needs, while ignoring the sick part happening! I'm a little sick of these women thinking they speak for all of us on this matter. I'd like to know how many of these women know what an abortion really is and what women go through having one, let alone men pretending to know........while wearing pink hats.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:51 PM

42,745 posts, read 25,925,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Irregardless of what anyone thinks of Trump, he is 70 years old, nationalism and borders and protectionism and class issues , identity, security and the misgivings about multiculturalism and multi religionism, economic and class issues and race problems are not going to go away as issues
I'm having trouble deciphering that, it seems that nationalism, borders, security etc. are 'top issues' for you, but then you admit that under Trump, (I guess because he is 70) the issues are not going away? So why did you vote for him if he can't fix all that crap for you? PS religionism means excessive religious zeal

Old 01-21-2017, 11:55 PM

42,745 posts, read 25,925,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If this was really a protest for women's rights, because we had lost all of our rights, would be one thing. Men need to be smart enough and tough enough to tell their female friends, spouses and family members their rights have not been taken away. I tend to look to my husband for protection and strong arms, not wearing a pussyhat to secure my fears.
Planned Parenthood needs to be held accountable and if any wrong doing is going on, it needs to be stopped........how would anyone here like to find out their aborted child was sold for parts, like some auto parts store. I support planned parenthood for birth control and other needs, but if they're misinforming the public, they need to be called out.
These women are not even questioning any of this, but hold up signs for their own needs, while ignoring the sick part happening! I'm a little sick of these women thinking they speak for all of us on this matter. I'd like to know how many of these women know what an abortion really is and what women go through having one, let alone men pretending to know........while wearing pink hats.
No one is speaking for you, it's not about you. Every woman who demonstrated today did so for themselves and their loved ones. If you have a case to make, then by all means you should organize your own demonstration.
PS the aborted baby parts was BS it was an edited tape, that's common knowledge and you could have verified it very easily if you had wanted to be accurate.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:58 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,676,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerDude View Post
Sexist?

We have all heard Trump call male nasty and when he calls female nasty he gets called Sexist!

Isn't what you libs wants for him to treat broads equally? Well?

You libs are ****ed in the head.
I am not even mildly thinking anything about this is funny.

All I can say is that from this point on American really should not point fingers at the crazy other world leaders out there and wonder how they got elected because it just happend in your country?

Looking at some footage of all the protests going on around the world, again I am really thankful for anyone you got out there and took part.

I am woman in my mid 30s and I am well aware that all that I have been able to accomplish so far in life has been mainly achieveable do the fight for equality that the women who lived before me have fought.
Not planning on settling for anything less then being treated equally and it sickens me to think that any woman would.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:59 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,676,678 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Amazing! How cool

But...just a tantrum, ya know.
?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies