Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 03:05 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
George Will is older than I am.
It's time for him to retire and kick back by the fire with a little warm whiskey and a book of baseball statistics to read.
He's been out of touch for far too long to ever catch up now anyway. Fox did him a favor; he should have left long ago.
Who is he out of touch with? I have no idea who he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 03:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I used to admire George Will's commentary, but his rabid disapproval and constant attacks on Trump have been over the top. Trump never did sip Martinis with the Republican elite or have nice manners like the Bushes, which I'm sure appalled very refined Will, the snob. I know George is incensed his Republican party picked such a vulgarian like Trump to lead us. We did, George. We did. Overwhelmingly, happily, we did.
Will is a Reagan Republican, Trump, if a Republican at all, is a Buchanan Republican. Big difference.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:39 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Will is a Reagan Republican, Trump, if a Republican at all, is a Buchanan Republican. Big difference.
That's pretty much right.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:46 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
When the legacies and intellect of people like George Will and Bill Buckley get outcasted by the same movement it helped pioneer..........!

Old 01-22-2017, 03:49 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
George Will has been fired by Fox News.

Will, went on for months that Trump wasn't a real candidate and who wouldn't stand a chance in the primaries against "real" GOP candidates.

I believe he was also part of the NeverTrump movement.

Fox News Declines to Renew George Will's Contract - Breitbart
Shep What's his name can be next.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:55 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
Why, did he sexually harass female employees at Fox, a la Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly?
I think he has lost his ratings appeal. He, like so many others, was proven 100% wrong about Trump and I do think it took it's toll on Will more than most.

Poor guy looks like someone who wishes that Barry Goldwater was still running for President.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:58 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
As a non conservative and independent, I always listened to what George Will had to say. For me he was the voice of conservatism and although I disagreed with much of his opinions, I always paid attention
It's worth mentioning that Will left the Republican Party in 2016.
Anyway, what's such a big deal that Fox didn't renew his contract? Being on Fox equals to being right (correct)?

Old 01-22-2017, 04:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Why do conservatives rage on and on about who gets hired and fired at so-and-so network? It's an obsession with you guys!

George Will is surely a multimillionaire who's been successful all his life. He doesn't need a Fox News salary to get by. He'll be working again in no time.

You all however, are NOT millionaires and can't afford to get fired...lest you lose everything. And no big money job offers are waiting for you.

So please. Let's have some perspective here. SMH

Old 01-22-2017, 04:11 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
Apparently Fox News. Most conventional Republicans never liked Trump, but once he won the nomination, Fox News jumped on the bandwagon, since he was the Republican and supposed conservative flag-bearer. George Will never really got on board (see his opinion piece about the inaugural address). That's probably why he was sacked. If so, pretty ominous development. Or maybe not; Fox News is really just a whole tv network of shock jocks.
I don't watch Fox News. Most of the people I know of from Fox News are those who got famous before going there. Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Stacey Dash. I know of Fox News because I live in a conservative area. I've met alot of college students who watch it. Bill O'Reilly I heard about because of the Trayvon Martin controversy.

I've never heard of George Will until now. Alot of conservatives did not like Trump in general, but since he won, it was him all the way. I notice that. I told myself that I COULD vote Republican again as long as Donald Trump was didn't win the nomination. I also said that as long as Hilary Clinton didn't win the nomination, I COULD vote Democrat.

Megyn Kelly got dropped too. She went in on Trump. She's going to MSNBC. I don't watch that either. I like my news without the politics.

I also see that Stacey Dash is getting dropped. And she didn't go in on Trump. He was basically Trump's cheerleader from what I've seen.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:14 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
It looks like Will wasn't the only Fox contributor to be shown the door.

Has-been actress Stacey Dash, Ed Rollins, Marvin Kalb, and Cal Thomas all lost their contracts at the same time.

Several contributors out at Fox News, including vocal Trump critic George Will

Now that Fox will have empty time to fill, Sarah Palin is planning to turn on the lights in her moose-filled living room studio, I'm guessing. I'm sure she will work for cheap, now that Greta Van Sustren got booted months ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies