Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 09:29 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,056,470 times

Advertisements

Wow, these tweets are mild as hell yet far leftists are tearing their hair out over them? The fact is anything Trump does causes them to burst a blood vessel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 09:33 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,046,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
33 minutes ago:
"Had a great meeting at CIA Headquarters yesterday, packed house, paid great respect to Wall, long standing ovations, amazing people. WIN!"

20 minutes ago:
"Watched protests yesterday but was under the impression that we just had an election! Why didn't these people vote? Celebs hurt cause badly."

16 minutes ago:
"Wow, television ratings just out: 31 million people watched the Inauguration, 11 million more than the very good ratings from 4 years ago!"

The man is unhinged. It's all about him. God help us.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
The thing to be concerned with is that the media will begin to normalize this type of behavior. Despite the analogy of the emperor having no clothes being used over and over again when referring to previous presidencies, this is where it is apparently the case in its truest sense. The guy is so clearly and obviously unfit and self-absorbed and yet there are people acting as if he belongs in such a powerful position. It's ****ing crazy.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:36 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,825,388 times
"Had a great meeting at CIA Headquarters yesterday, packed house, paid great respect to Wall, long standing ovations, amazing people. WIN!"

Paid great respect to the Wall by talking about himself and how intelligent he is and complaining about the media and how horrible they are.

I guess Trump uses a different definition of respect.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:47 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,249,953 times
The far left put the gloves on. Should Trump be bigger than them and not fight back?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:54 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,515,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you are unhinged and it looks to be you are, he is doing his job!
The past 8 years has not been worry free....

At least unlike Obama, you don't see "I" every sentence.
You must be joking. He can't speak without using the word "I" or referring to himself in the third person.

"I'm going to bring jobs back! Lots of jobs! More jobs than you can count! I'm going to bring so many jobs back that they're going to say STOP STOP! We can't take any more jobs!"

"I'm gong to replace Obamacare with something so wonderful that people will say that's the best health care we've ever had! It will be so wonderful that everyone will be amazed!"

"The skies became really sunny after I made my (inauguration) speech!" (they did not)

"I had so many people at the inauguration! The crowd went all the way to the Washington Monument!" (it did not)

"I love honesty. I like honest reporting." "The media are the most dishonest people on earth!"

"I'm smart."

"I'm rich!" "The beauty of me is that I'm very rich!" "I'm really rich!"

"I like China. I just sold an apartment for $15 million. Am I supposed to dislike ‘em? "

“I know the smartest negotiators in the world. I know the good ones, I know the bad ones, I know the overrated ones. You got a lot of them that are overrated. They’re not good, they think they are, they get good stories, cause the newspapers get buffaloed. But they’re not good. But I know the best negotiators in the world. I’d put them one for each country. Believe me, folks, we’d do very well.”

“I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created.”

“I would build a great wall. And nobody builds walls better than me, believe me. And I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great great wall on our southern border and I’ll have Mexico pay for that wall.”

“I will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons. And we won’t be using a man like Secretary Kerry that has absolutely no concept of negotiation, who’s making a horrible and laughable deal, who’s just being tapped along as they make weapons right now and then goes into a bicycle race at 72-years-old and falls and breaks his leg. I won’t be doing that. And I promise, I will never be in a bicycle race — that I can tell you.”

“I don’t need anybody’s money. It’s nice. I don’t need anybody’s money. I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich, I’ll show you that in a second. And by the way, I’m not even saying that in a braggadocios … that’s the kind that’s the kind of thinking you need for this country.”

"The U.S. Consumer Confidence Index for December surged nearly four points to 113.7, THE HIGHEST LEVEL IN MORE THAN 15 YEARS! Thanks Donald!" (refers to himself in the third person)

"Stay on point, Donald" he says at a public speech.

"Missouri just confirmed a win for Donald Trump." (Trump tweet)

But, to be fair, Elmo also refers to himself in the third person: "Elmo loves you!"

Old 01-22-2017, 09:57 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,825,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The far left put the gloves on. Should Trump be bigger than them and not fight back?
Maybe Trump should focus on his elected position rather than self aggrandizement.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:03 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,044,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Maybe Trump should focus on his elected position rather than self aggrandizement.
Of course he should.

The problem is....he's not capable of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies