Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 01:45 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Is this going to be a new thing for Trump? The cheering at the CIA speech was patently ridiculous. He made a complete ass of himself. Whats next? Is everyone going to have to follow him around with little notebooks and frantically scribble every bit of drivel that comes from his mouth? Soon Trump will be going full Kim Jong on us.
Soon? He's there.

He's not a leader--he's a producer. These are productions and he is obviously a very insecure fragile man if he needs to ensure he will get applause. It's a laugh track. It is also pathetic, unhelpful and fake. If Obama had done this, he would have been laughed at by the same people who are defending Trump and his Traveling Troupe of Applause.

"...Authorities are also pushing back against the perception that the CIA workforce was cheering for the president. They say the first three rows in front of the president were largely made up of supporters of Mr. Trump’s campaign..."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sources-...ump-cia-visit/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 02:28 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Let me see if I have this right.

You dems, and the msm say people in the front rows were cheering Trump. Then you claim that they were Trump's people that were in the front row cheering.

Then today it was confirmed that none of Trump's people were in the audience.

Now all you dems are pretending like your fake news wasn't just exposed, and you continue your circlejerking.

You dems never fail to completely discredit yourselves.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:29 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Is this going to be a new thing for Trump? The cheering at the CIA speech was patently ridiculous. He made a complete ass of himself. Whats next? Is everyone going to have to follow him around with little notebooks and frantically scribble every bit of drivel that comes from his mouth? Soon Trump will be going full Kim Jong on us.
I think it will be the new thing for his detractors. i.e Focus on nonsense and completely ignore the bigger story.

Here's a tip. Turn off CNN.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:33 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Attendance wasn't mandatory. They had to request to be there and then there were not enough seats to accommodate the requests. I think the location held 300. Trump kidded that they needed a bigger place. He got laughs a few times and applause. He told them he would be back. They took him on a tour.

He brought his own cheering section. Think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Never would have occurred to you that the cheering was spontaneous, I'm sure. As was the laughing and cheering at Trump's comments about the news media. He was addressing the CIA agents, and the main message was telling them he had their backs, a message they welcomed, I'm sure.

I'm not sure in his shoes I'd have made the comments about the media, figuring it was not the time or place. Nevertheless, anyone who's not blinded by hatred for Trump can see the continuing hatchet job the news media is trying to pull on Trump, and can understand why he regards them as he does. That no doubt includes CIA agents in that audience.
Because the 'cheering' was done by the studio audience that TRUMP BROUGHT for that very purpose.

It was a horrible speech at the most inopportune time and even Republicans are rolling their eyes.

This was the Trump Administration - first week-end and they completely and totally failed in the eyes of the world.

Whoever advised Trump this week-end needs to be fired. STAT.

He should have been given a prepared speech to read at the CIA Memorial and not deviated into his big his . . crowd is. He should have been TOLD the significance of the nameless memorial.

He had . . no clue. And, again, it showed.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:37 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
CIA members were ecstatic that jihad clapper is on his way out
They are even more ecstatic that "Comrad" is gone.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
So it was confirmed that none of Trump's people were in the audience, and the cheering that came from crowd was not Trump's people.

More fake news debunked.
If by 'debunked' you mean 'proven true" - then I agree.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:40 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Cheering was confirmed as being led by Trump people he line the sided of the hall with. I don't think the American people deserve to be mislead by this kind of nonsense.
Documented proof, please.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:41 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
If by 'debunked' you mean 'proven true" - then I agree.
So people were applauding in the front row, and it was confirmed that Trump's people were not in the audience, how could it be them applauding in the front row, like you dems, and msm insisted.

You people are delusional.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:45 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Let me see if I have this right.

You dems, and the msm say people in the front rows were cheering Trump. Then you claim that they were Trump's people that were in the front row cheering.

Then today it was confirmed that none of Trump's people were in the audience.

Now all you dems are pretending like your fake news wasn't just exposed, and you continue your circlejerking.

You dems never fail to completely discredit yourselves.
YEP - Spicer sent somebody for the seating chart and number of "Trump People" that attended to answer these stupid questions about a visit to the CIA that they are not even smart enough to figure out.

He SHOULD have asked these Bozos exactly WHO the "authority" is that they are getting their bogus info from. And then asked them again, and again. The "CIA War" with Trump is John Brennan against Trump - and John Brennan was walked out - He wasn't even there. There is now an Interim Director of the CIA until Pompeo gets confirmed. Chuck Schumer even stated that he saw no reason that Trump should not leave Brennan in place while they "Debated" Pompeo ..... answer was NO-NO-NO

John Brennan is all Wee-Wee'd Up and causing as much trouble as he can - with the Anti-Trump Lap Dog Media.
The room held 400 and the Acting Director started her speech by giving that number and that there were many more that wanted to attend on a Saturday afternoon .... but no more room.

The Media LIES

Old 01-23-2017, 02:54 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Sycophants! Sheeple!
And we're going to see more of them than in any other administration i believe.
That was a disgusting, self aggrandizing and disrespectful display of trumps in front of the memorial wall at CIA headquarters. That many of audience applauded him was really disturbing.
This is just the beginning of the coup d'etat he will carry out on the entire government. For how long do you suppose we will be able to post our opinions on forums like this? Places like China, North Korea and Iran have had their Internet access shut down or curtailed. Many apologists for Trump say that this is America and such things could never happen here. But they are happening and much faster than we had imagined. His supporters will suffer the same consequences as us all. Study history and learn how quickly Adolf Hitler weaseled his way into full power, that could not be challenged within the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies