Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 05:21 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
I had forgotten about that interview. One long, rambling, cringe-worthy word salad. Trump was clearly unprepared to talk about the issue. It was astonishing really. One of the most divisive political issues of our time, one that every candidate for office must address clearly and succinctly before the American people, and Trump got caught out. Matthews was on his game and wisely took advantage of the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 05:22 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Lies and disinformation by the right.
No, Madonna said, "I've really been thinking about blowing up the White House." It was an idiotic statement that reflects badly on the whole movement.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:24 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, Madonna said, "I've really been thinking about blowing up the White House." It was an idiotic statement that reflects badly on the whole movement.
Agreed.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:30 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
And Madonna isn't even an American! She's an English tramp.
Lol, she is from Michigan. Time for a geography lesson.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:35 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Lol, she is from Michigan. Time for a geography lesson.
Thank God... hahaha we dont want the foul mouthed pensioner.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:36 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Agreed.
Yes, a dumbass statement that annoyed me, not because of the threat to any of its temporary residents, but to say that about a historical building and architectural gem.

And yes, people who are looking to slam the marchers are going to zero in on that, as they have on here.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:44 AM

983 posts, read 737,753 times
Quote:
Luckily, Madonna is just one of millions of women who marched on Saturday. Focus on the good ones.
Would you say the same to MRA groups and such?

Also, I think either many women didn't see it, or didn't view it as a big deal, but this video is worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msMhG_FUnXE

It's ridiculous how so many women think Hillary and her elite group of girlfriends REALLY care about us poor old average working women.

Had a male politician said that, feminists would be losing their ****. But as we have learned from so many other women that have gained power, they will happily overlook all the bad things these women do or how many other women they spit upon so long as, hey, it's a woman in power and that is all that matters.

Good women like Michele Bachmann, Marine Le Pen etc. are women that do deserve places in government, but women such as Hillary gets all the spotlight.

Don't worry, we will one day get a female President. But it would be nice if our first female President had anything close to honesty, integrity, bravery and such as George Washington. Even for being born, raised and died in the 1700s he had far more positive traits even by today's standards than most of the women that have positions of power today. Granted, I DO realize by the very nature of politics and such it's extremely cutthroat and brutal so whether it be men or women it is going to attract a lot of power hungry unsavory types, but at the very least when it comes to a woman being President can we at least get a woman that actually managed to get where she is due to hard work, some integrity, and no just riding off the back of another famous person?

I was always shocked at how feminists were so proud of Hillary given that she only was what she was due TO a man, something I thought feminists were against.

Anyway, I digress.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Would you say the same to MRA groups and such?

Also, I think either many women didn't see it, or didn't view it as a big deal, but this video is worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msMhG_FUnXE
If they said the same thing as Madonna? Yes. And I lost all respect for those women who threatened us about not voting for HRC. As a feminist, I have the right to vote for WHOMEVER I choose. Really stupid move on their part to say such stupid things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
It's ridiculous how so many women think Hillary and her elite group of girlfriends REALLY care about us poor old average working women.

Had a male politician said that, feminists would be losing their ****. But as we have learned from so many other women that have gained power, they will happily overlook all the bad things these women do or how many other women they spit upon so long as, hey, it's a woman in power and that is all that matters.

Good women like Michele Bachmann, Marine Le Pen etc. are women that do deserve places in government, but women such as Hillary gets all the spotlight.

Don't worry, we will one day get a female President. But it would be nice if our first female President had anything close to honesty, integrity, bravery and such as George Washington. Even for being born, raised and died in the 1700s he had far more positive traits even by today's standards than most of the women that have positions of power today. Granted, I DO realize by the very nature of politics and such it's extremely cutthroat and brutal so whether it be men or women it is going to attract a lot of power hungry unsavory types, but at the very least when it comes to a woman being President can we at least get a woman that actually managed to get where she is due to hard work, some integrity, and no just riding off the back of another famous person?

I was always shocked at how feminists were so proud of Hillary given that she only was what she was due TO a man, something I thought feminists were against.

Anyway, I digress.
I'm not a fan of HRC as a person but I won't take away the things she's done for women and children worldwide either.
  • Worked at Children's Defense Fund
  • Helped to create CHIP
  • Lobbied for the first-ever U.N. Human Rights Council resolution on human rights
  • Helped expand health care and family leave for military families
  • Supporter of the ERA
  • Supports Roe v. Wade
  • Supported the passage of the Violence Against Women Act and the creation of the Department of Justice’s Office on Violence Against Women
  • Led efforts for a UN Resolution establishing guidelines for an international response to sexual assault in conflict areas
  • Founded Vital Voices Global Partnership as a independent non-governmental organization to promote economic, social and political advancement of women
  • Voted no on a constitutional ban against same sex marriage

Old 01-23-2017, 06:01 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, a dumbass statement that annoyed me, not because of the threat to any of its temporary residents, but to say that about a historical building and architectural gem.

And yes, people who are looking to slam the marchers are going to zero in on that, as they have on here.
You're delusional if you think that Madonna was the only woman in DC on Saturday that wouldn't have shed a tear to see a Trump occupied WH explode.

Old 01-23-2017, 06:01 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
"It has been proven". No it hasnt. And, wow, you really lack sorority and basic human compassion. The fact that women are seen as MERCHANDISE in many countries in the world, the fact they are being traded or selled or used as sexual slaves because many societes agree to this DOESNT CONCERN YOU AS A WOMAN? The fact that we live in such a sick world that many little girls are sold and trafficked and force to prostitute, the fact that millions die all over the world for illegal dangerous abortion, the facts that women are being raped everywhere all the time and dying from the brutality of it, what about genital mutilation, forced early marriage, etc etc etc???

YOU DONT CARE ABOUT THIS CAUSE IT DOESNT HAPPEN TO YOU, RIGHT?

So THATS the kind of person you are.

So dont ask what rights are women in USA lacking, dont pretend that if there were a reason, you will be protesting too, cause you just admited that anything that doesnt affect you personally you dont care about, wich means you would protest EVER whatever the reason and you dont care about everything the past generation and this one did for you and the women of the future.

Because you only care about yourself and THATS THE PERSON YOU ARE .
Nice rant and I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, but, why not ask what rights American woman are lacking? Isn't that what the march as about?
Well, actually, we know what the march was REALLY about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies