Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2017, 04:19 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Democrats are responsible for Trump being elected. Not Republicans.
I disagree. Both are to blame. People from both sides of the aisle voted for the anti-establishment candidate.

However, the Dem constituency is still behaving badly, further ensuring more GOP election victories. Their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 04:20 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They devalued themselves and their message by doing it in such a partisan and Trump focused manner.
Not to mention strutting around with Vagina masks/hats and the vulgar signs/slogans as well as assaulting those who disagreed with their message.
One other problem is the lack of one or two CONCISE messages. It was just a jumble of noise but I'm sure they felt better afterwards...

Old 01-23-2017, 04:20 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The DNC had zero to do with organizing or promoting this march. It started from a Facebook post about meeting in D.C. to protest Mr. Trump and it went viral at the speed of light.
Lol, yeah, it was started by a unicorn.

It is cute that some people are naive enough to believe this wasn't a DNC operation.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:23 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I don't know why I'm moved to defend myself here, because it feels vaguely unseemly to outline our family's volunteerism, but here goes. My family regularly volunteers for a food pantry that supports women and children who have nowhere else to turn, and we perform other acts of volunteerism as opportunities arrive. We have done Christmas drives, food collection drives, and drives to collect eyeglasses for people who don't have them (a personal favorite of mine, because I am fighting a disease that causes blindness). We have filled boxes with toiletries and distributed them to the homeless, cleaned up rivers/built trails, sorted professional clothing for battered women trying to re-enter the workforce, and collected money to support woman-owned micro-businesses in third world countries.

You can't shake me, because I know what my family does to help people who are not nearly as fortunate as we are thanks in great part to being in the right place at the right time. The kid my son handed money to was not much older than he is and was quite likely homeless. It was all the money my son had in his pocket, money he had earned through his own effort. So, please, knock it off. I do not accept your attempt to discredit me or my family.
And yet you felt compelled to waste $10 on a narcissistic and ineffective public temper tantrum instead if donating that $10 to a domestic violence shelter. That says a lot about your values, whether you know it or not.

Think about it...

Old 01-23-2017, 04:27 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,628,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am 68 and not scared in the slightest. You and I share the same life experiences. Can you tell me what you think you were protesting against, and what was the result, other than you and a bunch of other old ladies trying to feel relevant? You did no good, except for any enjoyment you got out of it.
I'm serious interested, not meaning to be flippant. We both lived through the same challenges...birth control being illegal, the pro choice thing, women not being able to get credit. I am like you, and yet, I would not align myself with the likes of some of those women who protested in Washington.
women do join up for things just because its women related. I would love to see women stop doing this.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:29 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
women do join up for things just because its women related.

(Alternative) fact: This is how menstruation started. Believe me!

Old 01-23-2017, 04:30 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And yet you felt compelled to waste $10 on a narcissistic and ineffective public temper tantrum instead if donating that $10 to a domestic violence shelter. That says a lot about your values, whether you know it or not.

Think about it...

How much money did I spend to attend? You still haven't let me know.

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Lol, yeah, it was started by a unicorn.

It is cute that some people are naive enough to believe this wasn't a DNC operation.
With (reportedly) George Soros backing to boot, NOT GOOD...

Quote:
By my draft research, which I’m opening up for crowd-sourcing on GoogleDocs, Soros has funded, or has close relationships with, at least 56 of the march’s “partners,” including “key partners” Planned Parenthood, which opposes Trump’s anti-abortion policy, and the National Resource Defense Council, which opposes Trump’s environmental policies. The other Soros ties with “Women’s March” organizations include the partisan MoveOn.org (which was fiercely pro-Clinton), the National Action Network (which has a former executive director lauded by Obama senior advisor Valerie Jarrett as “a leader of tomorrow” as a march co-chair and another official as “the head of logistics”). Other Soros grantees who are “partners” in the march are the American Civil Liberties Union, Center for Constitutional Rights, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch. March organizers and the organizations identified here haven’t yet returned queries for comment.
Soros Funds the "Woman's March" - The Geller Report

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
(Alternative) fact: This is how menstruation started. Believe me!
OH NO, I just almost choked to death on my unsweetened iced tea.

That was hilarious.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Think about it...
My fifteen-year-old son gave all the money he was carrying in his wallet to a homeless teenager. Did you miss that part? I'm perfectly okay with the values that inspired him to do so. How you can twist that into a narcissistic act is beyond me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies