Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 08:47 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
States rights. I fail to see the issue here.
The problem California is sucking off the rest of us. State rights should only apply when they don't ask for a bailout when the plan goes under.

How can China help California with the environment......this is insane! California needs water, I am sure China can help with that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 08:49 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The problem California is sucking off the rest of us. State rights should only apply when they don't ask for a bailout when the plan goes under.

How can China help California with the environment......this is insane! California needs water, I am sure China can help with that!
Wrong once again.

California pays more to the federal government than it receives back. West Virginia, not so much. How about Kansas? Nope, their economy is in shambles. Red states are leeches.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:52 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
LOL
You think China is commited to do something about man made pollution?
Go to China, any city, for a day. Then you come back and post that with a straight face.
China is one of the most corrupt, dirty nations in the modern world.
You're behind the times, you might want to catch up. China has been aggressively closing coal plants and just announced they are cancelling plans to build 103 coal-fired power plants. They also recently announced plans for the world's large solar power plant, using 6 million panels.

Since Trump has all but said he will abandon the US's leadership position in the climate change fight, China is making moves to step in and assume that role. In the years ahead as climate change becomes increasingly important, the US will deeply regret giving up its leadership role. A grand mistake.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:54 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
If we could detach California from the US and reattach it to China, I wouldn't mind one bit.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:56 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Right...States rights only when you agree. That's not how it works.

Quote:
I have no idea. It's not my job to defend their programs.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:58 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
You're behind the times, you might want to catch up. China has been aggressively closing coal plants and just announced they are cancelling plans to build 103 coal-fired power plants. They also recently announced plans for the world's large solar power plant, using 6 million panels.

Since Trump has all but said he will abandon the US's leadership position in the climate change fight, China is making moves to step in and assume that role. In the years ahead as climate change becomes increasingly important, the US will deeply regret giving up its leadership role. A grand mistake.
And you're disillusional. China is currently a mess. I know what I'm talking about. I was there 2 months ago (my wife's Chinese) and my lungs began burning on day 2.

Oh, and it hasn't cleared up since.

China

Old 01-22-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Regarding the bolded, it can't be that bad as Trump himself has stated that "America is in Carnage."
He also stated that he was turning the country back to the people. California is taking him up on that and say's "Thank you very much. We'll take it from here."

Sounds like 'Moonbeam' is trying to work with Trump.
President Trump was speaking about Democrat run cities as in Flint, Michigan and polluted water.....and gangs running the streets. Nice try at avoiding human rights issues in China.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Right...States rights only when you agree. That's not how it works.
No, I don't believe in creating chaos and problems to turn around and ask for bailouts......has nothing to do with what I agree on!

Quote:
I have no idea. It's not my job to defend their programs.
When it affects the rest of us, your head in the sand is just were California wants you. It's not about defending them. Its about how does China know more than we do about environment? We can't drill off our coast for oil, but China can?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:51 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
The problem California is sucking off the rest of us.
In your dreams. California is one of the 18 or so states that carry this country on their backs-most of these 'donor' states are blue btw.

Trump can kiss up to a two-bit, fading country like Russia to his heart's content, but California has deep, multifacted ties to China( the world's 2nd largest economy, 10x larger than Russia's economy)going back to the 1800s, so the rest of you are just going to have to deal with it.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:52 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
A lot of us support #Calexit. Perhaps being a state of China would serve everyone's interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies