Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 02:45 PM

15,622 posts, read 10,376,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'll say it a thousand times.

If I'm "virtue signaling," so are you pal.

Also, I would hire an ex-felon to do work around my house. I don't believe ex-felons are subhuman devils who should be treated like cow manure.

Bet you consider yourself a Christian, too, right?
You would "hire an ex-felon to do work around your house"? how about in your house? get back to me when you do either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2018, 02:46 PM

72,959 posts, read 62,537,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Hire an ex-felon to work in your home, with your kids and you, and get back to me with your virtue signaling, Magritte.
Who says an ex-felon has to work around my house or around kids? For all I know, there could have had an ex-felon working around my parents' home and no one would have known.

Again, this is the question. What do you propose should happen to a felon once said felon is released from prison? We can't keep felons in prison forever (unless murder was involved).

Old 04-26-2018, 02:47 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,284,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You would "hire an ex-felon to do work around your house"? not in your house? get back to me when you do either.
Yes I would. And if you are going to insult yourself by quibbling over around vs. in? Save both of us the time. You know damned well what I meant.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:50 PM

I have not once said "let a felon work around your kids or home". However, for those who keep bringing this up, where is the best place for a felon to work, once out of prison? I ask because ex-felons have to work somewhere. Unless you plan on keeping someone in prison for life, that is something that needs to be considered.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have not once said "let a felon work around your kids or home". However, for those who keep bringing this up, where is the best place for a felon to work, once out of prison? I ask because ex-felons have to work somewhere. Unless you plan on keeping someone in prison for life, that is something that needs to be considered.
Depending on the crime, I see no reason why a felon shouldn't be allowed to work in someone's home or around kids. People have a really juvenile view of crime and punishment.

Old 04-26-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Depending on the crime, I see no reason why a felon shouldn't be allowed to work in someone's home or around kids. People have a really juvenile view of crime and punishment.
If it's pedophilia, I don't want said person working around kids. It really should depend on the crime.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:53 AM

Quote:
If it's pedophilia, I don't want said person working around kids. It really should depend on the crime.
Yes, that's what I said.

Quote:

Old 04-27-2018, 06:17 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,572,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Oh great, so now Child Protective Services, schools, hospitals etc can't check if an applicant is a molester?
Well, up until about the late 90s/ early 2000s, these places didnt do BG checks, not to mention all the past decades when someone could just lie on their application and not be found out...what about that?

Thats not saying much if we just started realizing BG checks were a good idea for jobs with kids or elderly, in the late 90s!

Old 04-27-2018, 06:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,572,470 times
Quote:
Do you realize people who have done time or been convicted of assault type crimes are never required to register on any kind of list? sex offenses usually require a 10 yr or lifetime registration, but no one seems to care about ex cons who have assault or worse convictions? LOL Thats kind of absurd imo. I would very much like to be informed if someone was living nearby that had an assault conviction!!!

Old 04-27-2018, 12:53 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,367,819 times
What about schools and daycare centers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies