Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:03 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times

Advertisements

This is b.s. Our economy doesn't depend on China, it is the other way around

President Trump has spoken

Deregulation + Simplifying corporation tax

If you move your company overseas, we will impose YUGE border tax. So we are going to make America investor friendly again.

My family has a small manufacture selling, exporting made in USA equipments, like generators, air conditioners, bbq equipments. ONLY a fool would believe we have a free trade. We have managed trade.

Trump will help domestic manufactures tremendously. America will be investors friendly again

Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeD2sli_ATU

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 11:07 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Right because Trump understands the nuts and bolts of the world economy and how it all fits together. Whereas Obama and his team didn't nor did they even appear to care or have any interest in trying to make it better for American workers.

China can't do a damn thing to the US they need 300+ million Americans with money to keep buying their garbage made in sweat shops.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Right because Trump understands the nuts and bolts of the world economy, whereas Obama and his team didn't nor did they even appear to care.
yep.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:11 AM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Our country will be just fine, as jobs are staying here and entrepreneurship is encouraged here even more. Keep in mind that there were plenty of strings attached to that silly TPP plan.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:12 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This is b.s. Our economy doesn't depend on China, it is the other way around
believe it or not it is mutual dependence.

China definitely need the US market to sell all that cheap stuff to sustain its jobs and urbanization, but don't believe for a second that the US is so independent.

First, the US economy needs cheap Chinese consumer good. Otherwise, imagine the cost of living. And no, no other country can replace China now. At least not in the next 10 years.

Second, China doesnt just sell end products. American manufacturing companies need many intermediary products made in China too.

And third, a lot of US companies largely need the Chinese market as well. The growth is zero in the US for many industries, and no other country has China's apetite.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
believe it or not it is mutual dependence.

China definitely need the US market to sell all that cheap stuff to sustain its jobs and urbanization, but don't believe for a second that the US is so independent.

First, the US economy needs cheap Chinese consumer good. Otherwise, imagine the cost of living. And no, no other country can replace China now. At least not in the next 10 years.

Second, China doesnt just sell end products. American manufacturing companies need many intermediary products made in China too.

And third, a lot of US companies largely need the Chinese market as well. The growth is zero in the US for many industries, and no other country has China's apetite.
I would agree it is mutual dependence. I am saying our economy does not depend on China for survival. Same thing cannot be said about China.

Plus, Trump never said there would be a trade war. He always emphasis on the art of the deal. We DO NOT have free trade, we have managed trade. Managed trade is not free trade.

This said, I also want to say copyrighted material is a widespread problem in China. I can't remember how many times my own artworks have been stolen.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:17 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
That big businessman who's employed so many with his sprawling companies and properties all over the world is SO ignorant on business and the economy. Yeah..whatever. And I'm sure Michael Jordan is ignorant about basketball and Bill Gates is ignorant about computer software too.

Fake news.

Trump is a real estate developer and marketing machine who licenses his name out to other businesses. This notion that his flock have that he's some hybrid of JP Morgan, Andrew Carnegie, and Nelson Rockefeller is yet another display of low information voting that has gotten us into the current mess we are in.

Last edited by Metsfan53; 01-23-2017 at 11:27 AM..

Old 01-23-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Are you feckin' kidding me? Do you have any idea why the Articles of Confederation were ditched in favor of the current Constitution? Do you know why the Constitution gives the federal government supremacy over interstate commerce and forbids interstate tariffs? This country didn't become an economic power due to trade protection and certainly not due to economic isolation. It became an economic power via westward expansion across a huge, almost entirely empty continent with vast amounts of untapped resources of practically every variety.
also throw in the fact that we were one of the few developed nations relatively unscathed after two world wars....

Old 01-23-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
When I see people write "globalists" and then right about how great Carl Ichans economic policy is, i can't help but feel we are really doomed.
the cognitive dissonance abounds....I sometimes wonder if they either truly don't know or just chose to overlook....Anti-Globalist with a cabinet full of Goldman bankers and the head of freaking Exxon- it doesn't get more global than that....

Old 01-23-2017, 11:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeD2sli_ATU&t=42s

We are going to impose border tax if you want to move your company overseas. This sounds incredibly fair to me.

My family's manufacture will benefit from deregulation and simplified tax code. Many manufactures will come back. I hope Mr. T keeps his promises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies