Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 07:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Oh they definitely got played, and expect 4 more years of the same. That's the beauty of his twitter account, he just types 160 characters and the media runs around like a chicken with its head cut off for 2 days while he flies under the radar on whatever else he's doing. Then he tweets again lol
I feel bad for the poor hapless who continue to let their every opinion be shaped by the overpaid pampered TV pundits at the MSM networks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 07:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So while all the MSM goes on and on about crowd size, pussyhats (without the derangement), and attacks 10 years old boys, they are completely NOT covering the confirmation hearings that continued on through the weekend.

Thus, as such, the Democrats who are powerless to stop any confirmation, aren't even getting their concerns aired to the American people. They have been shut out completely again.

Wondering if this was the plan all along. i.e. The MSM & hapless Democrats got played like a fiddle yet again.

What do you think?
The lying liberal MSM must realize that the ranting and raving of Pocahontas, Schumer, Franken, Wyden, etc., is such an embarrassment that it's best to concentrate on other things.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:33 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Well, I have certainly read about it on CNN, my local paper, the New York Times app, the AP app, and watched on the CBS national news.

However, I have no doubt that the Gateway Pundit, if your primary source of 'news', has been silent about the confirmation hearings.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:33 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Maybe they can replay the Trump Howard stern tapes from decades ago or the other famous Billy Bush one .
Anything to distract from the liberal incompetence and insanity

Old 01-23-2017, 07:34 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
What are you talking about, OP? Many news sources---CNN included---covered the confirmation hearings in real time. I spend days watching them.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:36 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,853 times
I noticed today the MSM is combating the "fake news" with "alternative facts". Meanwhile I'm watching Trump meet with the to business leaders which he states will happen quarterly. I got a good chuckle from the meeting monthly and how it can get monotonous and unnecessary so he said quarterly.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:43 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
So while all the MSM goes on and on about crowd size, pussyhats (without the derangement), and attacks 10 years old boys, they are completely NOT covering the confirmation hearings that continued on through the weekend.

Thus, as such, the Democrats who are powerless to stop any confirmation, aren't even getting their concerns aired to the American people. They have been shut out completely again.

Wondering if this was the plan all along. i.e. The MSM & hapless Democrats got played like a fiddle yet again.

What do you think?
I saw most of the hearings on CSPAN, and those I didn't see I heard about on MSM (mostly on Bloomberg).

THe coverage on MSM did a good job of condensing a long dull hearing into a 5 minute segment on the major points (or issues with the candidate).

Did you bother to watch any of the hearing? Or did you spend all your time criticizing one person who gave her assessment of the son of a serial liar who is now the President.

I've liked and voted for many republicans (for the office of President) in past elections.
I have never liked Trump, and wouldn't vote or show support for him no matter what party he claimed to be part of.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:50 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:

What do you think?
I think you continue to have selective vision and fail to acknowledge Trump was also going on and on about crowd size as was Spicer.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:51 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Complete obstructionism finally paid off for the GOP this past election. I doubt it will lose Democrats any votes in their states (likely the opposite) but it's funny to see the conversation flipped.
From 2010-2016, The people elected their Representatives to Block Obama. Now Dems are weak and have little power.
If you want to block Trump, follow the Repubs path by voting new leadership and take control of Congress.

But I doubt you'll do that if you keep people like Pulosi in power. I'll bet 2018 will be another election where more Repub Senators are elected.

Democrats have no one but themselves to blame for Trump being President.

Old 01-23-2017, 07:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
What amazes me is liberals are too damned stupid to not know alternative facts indeed are real and are part of our daily life. Just when I think they can't get any dumber, they do.

I switched over to George and Gracie Burns (Ant TV) when the media, all three main stream media, started talking about the pussywalk.
You mean lies? Yes, lies exist. And when they get called out, they get called out for what they are:lies. No way to spin it, lies are lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies