Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 12:42 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times

Advertisements

I was laughing at the boy caught yawning on many occassions. but hes young and not impressed by whats happening at all, I think he'll have enough to contend with at school without adults poking holes in him.. hes a lovely boy, I hope they leave him alone, what a very sad lot..

Old 01-24-2017, 12:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
As much as I have found Donald Trump to be crude and rude, his children have seemed to be classy, articulate, and diplomatic an their interactions with the public and their opponents. This is just a little boy growing up, who has done nothing to offend anyone, he deserves the same rights to his privacy and latitude to grow up, as anyone else's children.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:20 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,649,540 times
knowing the IQ of americans he'll probably a future president so I guess we're getting our practice in.plus the right is hardly the people dedicated to peace love and understanding.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:24 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
And that was something I didn't know about for a long time. I guess it just depends on what you come across. A friend of mine who is a librarian got to meet Laura once at a librarian gathering at the WH. She liked Laura, too, and she's a Dem!
I'm a registered Democrat, too, but at the time I heard Laura Bush speak, I was a registered Republican. It was not a political event, though.

I should actually register as an Independent, I suppose, because I'm not really attached to one party or another.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:28 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
WTF why are people rude towards Barron Trump??
Just liberals showing their true character.

Old 01-24-2017, 08:32 PM

708 posts, read 577,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He's 10 but he's growing fast and is very awkward. That's bait for liberals in this day and age.
It seems that Barron is quite tall for a 10 year old. Anyone know? He looked and acted like a normal twitchy 10 year old boy to me. And wow, when that kid started to enjoy the parade, he really shined! I thought he was a cutey!

Old 01-24-2017, 08:36 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Official statement

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...e-press-office

Quote:
Statement from the White House Press Office

"It is a longstanding tradition that the children of Presidents are afforded the opportunity to grow up outside of the political spotlight. The White House fully expects this tradition to continue. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter."

Old 01-24-2017, 08:41 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Sadly, there's a long history of picking on presidents' families in this country, going back to those who criticized George Washington for overindulging his stepson, Jackie Custis. The Lincolns were criticized for spoiling their small sons, who were said to run wild. Theodore Roosevelt's young sons were said to have taken their pet pony up in the White House elevator to visit a sick sibling.

There were debates about whether Julie or Tricia Nixon were pretty and if so, which was the better-looking. Lucie Johnson's parentage was questioned because she was the only blue-eyed member of her immediate family. Amy Carter was criticized for reading children's books at formal dinners (and her presence at such dinners was questioned).

It's all just malicious gossip, and hurtful, whether deliberate or not. Says far more about those who indulge in it and worse yet, start and spread rumors, than it does about the targets. And it comes from all sides of the political spectrum, make no mistake. To use such abominable behavior as an excuse for finger-pointing is almost equally offensive, and simply shows the pointers' lack of knowledge of this regrettable part of American history.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:05 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Just liberals showing their true character.
Do you have some actual purpose in making such an doltish statement?

You've got page after page of people from all sides of the political spectrum decrying the mistreatment of the boy, but you have to say that. Some of you are like broken records, and if you don't get the reference, I can explain it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies