Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 04:03 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times

Advertisements

So apparently I'm a male feminists.
Sounds pretty disgusting when you put it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 04:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Feminism means you hate men, that's all it means.
And here is one scared little man who didn't bother to read the OP. Probably because strong women scare the pants of him, as they do all such little men.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:06 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
"Pride is the commencement of all sin"~ St Augustine

Old 01-23-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Pride is the commencement of all sin~ St Augustine
Wow, our new president is really sinful, then, isn't he?

Old 01-23-2017, 04:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Bravely following the marching orders of the DNC.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Wow, our new president is really sinful, then, isn't he?
Is he

Old 01-23-2017, 04:09 PM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And here is one scared little man who didn't bother to read the OP. Probably because strong women scare the pants of him, as they do all such little men.

There is nothing scary about it. Would you be scared of some little weasel telling you how bad women are? Its annoying. Why the hell would any woman think any man with the option to do otherwise would sit around and listen to sexist garbage? You were born with some genitalia... Good for you now get lost.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Is he
Well, hubris is merely excessive pride, and he is the epitome of hubris.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:10 PM

19,633 posts, read 12,226,539 times
White straight conservative men are very brave. They have to be.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:11 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Im proud to be a woman. Im proud to be brave, to stand up for my rights, to defend myself.

Im proud that i have empathy and that i care about other human beings, mostly about those who arent as fortunate as me.

Im proud to be a mom, and im proud of those women thar decide being a mom is not for them. Im proud of having 2 degrees and proud of the feminists that, in the past, made it so much easier for the women of today.

Im a feminist, i believe in gender equality and cant believe that, in 2017, we still have to explain what feminism is.

Im proud to march, alongside hundreds of thousands of women, many times in my country. Im proud that in 2015 and 2016, those marches got REALLY massive and now feminism is in the political agenda and the media and politicians are forced to deal with it.

Im proud of women in USA that marched all over the country, im proud of my fellow argrntinians and ni una menos, im proud of fellow chileans, uruguayan, peruvians, colombians, etc, who took our ni una menos and make it their own and took the streets as well. Im proud of women in africa that find strenght to protest in the hardest condition, women in poland that protested against the abortion ban, im proud of women all over europe. Im proud of the feminists of the 70s and how they made the world a better place for all of us. Im proud of women of the 19 century and early 20th century that fight to give us a vote, that fight for our right to vote.

Im proud that im part of a generation thats fighting gender equality too, and trying to make a better world for our sons and daughters, for our fellow brothers and sisters. Im proud, im brave, im beautiful, im smart, im STRONG. Women are strong. Im proud of strong women all over the world. Im proud that we are fighting back.

Im proud that i have to deal with sexist bs all my life, just like all women, but that didnt make me stop, that didnt make me go "oh, ill be quiet", "oh, ill be a nice mellow female who doesnt make too much noise". If anything it made me stronger, louder, more determined. Im proud of all women that fight back, im proud of all women that fight back, im proud of single moms who have the strenght to be a mom when some idiot abandon them, im proud of women who overcome domestic violence, im proud of women who have been raped and live with it. I have suffered some form of sexual harrasment and domestic violence, just like most women, even the ones who think they didnt.

Im proud i have a feminist husband now, a feminist who adores me, considers me his equal, who doesnt care if he cooks more than me, or do the dishes more than me, because im his best friend and companion and mother of his little baby. Im proud of all male feminists outhere.

I might be a rarity in city data politics forum (home of mysogynysts) but be clear about something: we are A LOT. MILLONS. MORE AND MORE EVERYDAY. The world is full of proud women. Sooner or later youll realize.

If you are also a proud woman, please write about it here.
By the numbers:

7 - number of children in my family as I was growing up (I was the oldest)
5 - number of countries I've lived in
4 - number of marathons I've completed
3 - number of times I've been married
2 - number of children I have - number of athletic endeavors I competed in at the national level (karate/adventure racing) - number of businesses I have started
1 - number of ultra marathons I ran - the number of degrees I have

I'm a woman in my mid 50s. Lived a life, had personal and professional failures and successes, heartache and terror, joy and happiness. Have the blond hair and blue eyes of the stereotypical Scandinavian (the region of my birth) and generally considered good looking. Can navigate alone in the woods for 24 hours. Aside from raising boys and career building, I spent my 20s in karate, my 30s running and my 40s adventure racing. Raised good sons (a lot of it as a single mother). Proud to be a woman, mother, wife, athlete, business owner, friend, sister, and every other role a woman generally plays in this world.

Aside from that, you and I don't speak the same language. But that's OK. We''re both women just living our lives the way we see fit. That's good enough for me. Is it good enough for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies