Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 10:05 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,977 times

Advertisements

I am female and I am thoroughly baffled by all this demand for 'rights'. Nothing on the list appears to be a 'right' we women need. None of it appears to be anything that could or should be legislated. All of it seems to be pretty whiny - seems to me that women should just get out there, do a lot of research, get the appropriate training, pick the right places to apply for employment and NEGOTIATE better salaries for themselves (as individuals) if they feel they are being underpaid. You have the right to make your own choices and suffer your own consequences for those choices.

The most critical rights for all people in the US (and Canada and Britain and probably most other western countries) have already been assigned, enshrined, and are yours for the taking. Stop trying to be MORE equal than others. Find another 'cause'. It is up to the individual, regardless of gender or gender identity, to prove themselves worthy of being treated as a valued member of society. Demanding that others see you a certain way when you refuse to prove your own worth and don't deserve to be seen that way should NOT get you very far.

And for heaven's sake, stop trying to get others to pay for your tampons and birth control which, in the grand scheme of things, are miniscule costs for the individual. That kind of demand just demeans all women (especially in this relatively affluent society) and is so obviously petty that even if there are things that do merit consideration, you lose the battle before you even start.

You have the right to vote and the right to peacefully protest. Too many lately seem to be using the latter to exercise their right to make fools of themselves in public but I respect your right to do that. Just don't tell the world that you represent ALL women - you don't!

Old 01-24-2017, 10:05 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Seems you missed the big picture here.

You missed the part about not being paid equally, about not having full rights over your own body, how men are working diligently to gain control over your reproductive choices.
Meh...I don't see it. All the women I work with or hire make the same as the guys, No one is prohibiting you from doing anything with your body I do with mine. If this an abortion thing I think it's still the law of the land yes or no?

Old 01-24-2017, 10:06 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Thanks we have already had plenty. Its becoming the new black lives matter forum!
but i want to feel mattered too! Geez, youre so mean! I want the right to post where i want! Stop telling me what to do.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:09 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
I am female and I am thoroughly baffled by all this demand for 'rights'. Nothing on the list appears to be a 'right' we women need. None of it appears to be anything that could or should be legislated. All of it seems to be pretty whiny - seems to me that women should just get out there, do a lot of research, get the appropriate training, pick the right places to apply for employment and NEGOTIATE better salaries for themselves (as individuals) if they feel they are being underpaid. You have the right to make your own choices and suffer your own consequences for those choices.

The most critical rights for all people in the US (and Canada and Britain and probably most other western countries) have already been assigned, enshrined, and are yours for the taking. Stop trying to be MORE equal than others. Find another 'cause'. It is up to the individual, regardless of gender or gender identity, to prove themselves worthy of being treated as a valued member of society. Demanding that others see you a certain way when you refuse to prove your own worth and don't deserve to be seen that way should NOT get you very far.

And for heaven's sake, stop trying to get others to pay for your tampons and birth control which, in the grand scheme of things, are miniscule costs for the individual. That kind of demand just demeans all women (especially in this relatively affluent society) and is so obviously petty that even if there are things that do merit consideration, you lose the battle before you even start.

You have the right to vote and the right to peacefully protest. Too many seem to be using the latter to exercise their right to make fools of themselves in public but I respect your right to do that.
I'll say it again - this is not about womens' rights. Follow the money and follow who is behind the scenes driving these narratives. We're all just useful pawns in a much bigger game.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:14 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Dude, that fetus in a woman's body is not your body. To have rights to your body it must be YOUR body. When your body is the host you will have the exact right to abort.
You're just trying to justify why you think men should have no reproductive rights, just because of our biology.

Thanks for helping me make my point.

Old 01-24-2017, 10:26 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
Are you serious? My wife has seen this in healthcare personally as women get moved to management positions and get paid less than the men that were in those positions before them. Same job SAME AMOUNT OF WORK. Less pay. And that's just ONE example.

Are you sure you're not comparing starting salaries with departing salaries here? A first year manager should not expect to be paid at the same rate as the person with 15 years experience at the job that they are replacing, regardless of gender. I'm surprised these women know how much the person they are replacing was making to begin with.

Old 01-25-2017, 01:49 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times
Posted by a previously banned troll only to stir up trouble.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies