Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 09:39 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
And like I just stated, your solution is death?

Seems like we are going around in circles here.
Only some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 09:41 AM

3,733 posts, read 5,965,362 times
Abortion rates are the lowest in years and continue to fall because of greater access to contraceptives and education about family planning. But if abortion is made illegal, will the government require all women to register their pregnancies? Will the government track each pregnancy to make sure it is taken to term? Will the women be punished by the law? Will the government adopt a "forced birth" policy to make sure that women give birth? Love how conservatives are getting government off our backs!

Of course, women with the means will simply go to a state where abortion is legal to have it done.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:41 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
We were making progress and then you came out with this, out of left field:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
But children born into poverty in the U.S. number in the millions. No concern for them?
In other words I should now agree to Abortion?

Old 01-27-2017, 09:43 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
I've been checking out that EarthCam of the National Mall. Wow, where is everybody indeed! Maybe if they held this event on a weekend, it would have been better attended.

I'll take the risk of extrapolating here, and say that it seems most women are pro choice, at least the ones who get out there and protest/march.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:43 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:

you don't have to agree with abortion if you are against it. don't have an abortion, simple. for the rest of the women in America, we can make our own choice, based on our own morals and life.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:44 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:

If you don't want to have an abortion, that's fine. Your body. Your decision.

But my reproductive decisions are none of your or anyone else's business.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
That wasn't out of left field. You said pregnancy that resulted from rape was a small number so it shouldn't be something that is a part of the conversation. And I pointed out that millions of children living in poverty is NOT a small number and should be part of the conversation.

But I get it, it's inconvenient to think about them, or how banning abortion will lead to MORE of them. Better to just stick with the party line of no abortions for anyone. The children who will result from such a draconian decree be damned.

It's okay, Acres. You have made your utter disregard for what happens to these unwanted children once you have forced their mothers to give birth to them perfectly clear.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:46 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:

Unless you are the one that is pregnant, it doesn't matter if you agree or disagree. I disagree with many things people do, but that doesn't mean that I get to make choices for them.
Disagree all you want, go offer to pay all medical bills and adopt the child for anyone thinking about an abortion, go adopt one of the hundreds of thousands of children already in the system, but don't try to force your beliefs about abortions into the law to prevent someone else from making their own choice.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:50 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,085,701 times
Arrow Crowds.'- did Hillary having any crowds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Where is everyone? There were more people on the national mall when I visited on a weekday during the summer a few years ago, and there was nothing special going on.
" where is everyone?" - that is what everyone asked about Hillary's empty campaign stops. Dozens of people is all that showed up at one of Hillary's weekly rallies. Weekly because of her poor health.

Here is some photos from today's march. Dozens of roads being shut down. Extra security.

Massive attendance at March for Life could extend crowd size chatter | Fox News

And watch, there won't be hoards of trash nor any bleeped language due to democratic speakers inability to not use profanity that makes sailors blush.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:50 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,404,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
But my reproductive decisions are none of your or anyone else's business.
Well, that's the way you see it, but the way we see it (untold multi 1000's) is that Life begins at Conception and the Government has no business getting involved in it.

Now other than that, if you have one, that is up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies